Duke4.net Forums: EDF Computer Base (Map Release) (V1) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDF Computer Base (Map Release) (V1)

I've worked on this for eight days and can not think of anything else to do to it, it's not a great map, but it's short and fun and I have some neat effects going on, unlike my previous map these do NOT require Polymer, this map will work in all rendering modes, though it was designed with the HRP in mind.

EDF Computer Base is a short map, you have to get into the base and find a few keycards in a lot of sloping corridors whilst blowing up enemies and a reactor, there isn't much else to it. It's been a learning curve for me and like I said, this was more for me to learn and experiment with Mapster32 than anything else, but I hope you get some enjoyment out of it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Download links: (HT_EDF_V1.ZIP - 1.33Mb)
Download from MediaFire - http://www.mediafire...wbj92f779tvflvj

Maybe one day I will fix it up somewhat, but for now, I can not think of any way to improve it and I am tired of it, I just want it done and dusted, nothing but trouble whilst working on this one, I must have corrupted it at least ten times (though I fixed that). Next time, I'll go for a more outdoor type map like my first one, probably Polymer only again.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 23 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Played it. Pretty nice map. I like some of the features, especially cool looking Bridges.

Edit: can you tell the name of the song? Sounds familiar.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 23 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

User is offline   CruX 

I played this in software mode, so there's some stuff I can't really comment on.

Spoiler

@Zykov Eddy; Thanks, the song is the theme of Captain Scarlet and The Mysterons, it is a remnant of when the map was meant to have a 1960's vibe.

@EmericaSkater;
Spoiler

Thanks for playing and commenting on it anyway, glad to know it isn't totally awful. Maybe one day I will go back and fix it all, but that doesn't seem likely right now.

@ high treason

Your maps require so much that my computer have no way of playing it. Can you please make a version of your maps that doesn't require polymer? Shouldn't take that long and there are so many people that has these polymer problems.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

It's not bad, there were some cool spots and some of the lighting seemed nice but it's lacking in details, especially the long hallways with neither any kind of lighting nor details. Took me seven minutes.

Edit: Hated the music btw. Had to turn it off.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 23 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

nothing.

This post has been edited by Jhect: 23 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

View PostJhect, on Feb 23 2011, 09:44 AM, said:

@ high treason

Your maps require so much that my computer have no way of playing it. Can you please make a version of your maps that doesn't require polymer? Shouldn't take that long and there are so many people that has these polymer problems.

View PostHigh Treason, on Feb 23 2011, 01:58 AM, said:

unlike my previous map these do NOT require Polymer, this map will work in all rendering modes, though it was designed with the HRP in mind.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostHigh Treason, on Feb 23 2011, 05:55 AM, said:

As for overscaling, that's something I hate about my maps, I'm still having a hard time breaking that habbit as I swear you have to make things bigger in Blood, that and the textures defalt to such a huge size that I assume that this is the normal size (which is the case in Blood most of the time, the textures are small enough by default it seems.)

What I do is take a liztrooper and scale him down to 40 by 40 when I start my first sector (before I've put any textures on or anything). That gives you a good idea of how to go about it, since the liztroop's size in game is a good rule of thumb to work by.

@ zykov eddy.

I understand what you mean. But i don't think you understand what i mean.

The map is polymer based which means that sectors where he wants more lightning is just filled with polymer lights.

If the map was not polymer based. He would have worked far more with the shading effects.

@EmericaSkater; That might be an idea, though I must remember to scale them, that is anohter thing that Blood used to do automatically as far as I remember, damn, wish I could use Mapedit with Duke. Dunno if I will be making any more maps anyway, DNF is out soon and I won't get chance to release one before that, it would probably be somewhat ignored once DNF is out.

@Jhect; Oh I wouldn't do more with the shading, I suck at shading. That and the map is technically un-finished, and it likely never will be finished, I worked about 14-hours non-stop to make the map playable and abandoned it.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 24 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

Oh ok. Well thats fine too :P it wasn't a bad map anyway.

@Jhect
Oh well, nevermind.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options