Duke4.net Forums: Earthquake Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Earthquake Thread

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I just heard on the news that there is a nuclear plant that lost its cooling unit. Power plants are shut down but there should be a serious concern over that plant that was damaged. If there is a nuclear meltdown, the earthquake will be the least of their problems.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The earthquake even damaged the Fukushima I nuclear power plant in Japan.

They fear it could meltdown

The Kyodo news agency says the cooling system has failed at three reactors at a nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture in northeastern Japan and that the coolant water's temperature has reached boiling level.

I dunno about now if they released the vapor which is "slightly radioactive" as they claim to relief the pressure.

User is offline   Hank 

No, their powerplants don't blow like in Russia, but they are in big shit financially, as I wrote before, what a fucking day. :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What actually happens when a nuclear powerplant melts down?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Unlike what some people might think, there wouldnt be a big explosion or anything, but what might happen is a very catastrophic radiation leak.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The plant has exploded.
at 12am JPT last night. in Japan.
Reactor exploded and damaged the 3rd.

I think is that,.

User is offline   Shawneth 

Compare all of this to the Canadian earthquake we had last summer!

User is offline   CruX 

...I'm pretty sure this is worse than that. Heck, this is worse than Haiti for the magnitude of the quake, alone.

User is offline   Hank 

One should should not compare Haiti with Japan. Japan moved my two meters, and it's alive. Haiti can't even survive a Hurricane, standing on one place.

As for fucking CNN and the BBS shitheads, they hammered (still are?) on the imminent nuclear disaster. They completely forgot that Russia had a Vodka and the US a Jim Beam problem and their fuck ups (human error) happened while the earth did not shake over and over again. Japan still has 5.5 strong aftershocks and keep things under control. Most manufacturers are intact, homes are still standing, they are fixing the nuclear reactors and have a relative low loss of life. But being safely behind their desks is easier to criticize Japan then to compliment. So far I'm impressed with Japan, all hail Japan, or if your a man of faith, a prayer could not go amiss. :P

This post has been edited by Hank: 13 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

User is offline   Shawneth 

View PostEmericaSkater, on Mar 13 2011, 10:16 AM, said:

...I'm pretty sure this is worse than that. Heck, this is worse than Haiti for the magnitude of the quake, alone.

I meant it was far worse!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

German TV has replaced Atomic Twister by Intolerable Cruelty. Intolerable cruel. If that quake and nuclear shit had happened in the US I guess that Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay would have started pre-production of Atomic Harbor already.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I heard they're trying to cool down the reactors with sea water. It sounds a lot like a last resort since the salt would rust the metal and the plant would become unusable.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostHank, on Mar 13 2011, 11:18 AM, said:

One should should not compare Haiti with Japan. Japan moved my two meters, and it's alive. Haiti can't even survive a Hurricane, standing on one place.

As for fucking CNN and the BBS shitheads, they hammered (still are?) on the imminent nuclear disaster. They completely forgot that Russia had a Vodka and the US a Jim Beam problem and their fuck ups (human error) happened while the earth did not shake over and over again. Japan still has 5.5 strong aftershocks and keep things under control. Most manufacturers are intact, homes are still standing, they are fixing the nuclear reactors and have a relative low loss of life. But being safely behind their desks is easier to criticize Japan then to compliment. So far I'm impressed with Japan, all hail Japan, or if your a man of faith, a prayer could not go amiss. :P

...I was talking about the magnitude of the disaster, not the effected country's response to it. That wouldn't be a fair comparison to begin with, in light of the fact that Haiti is an impoverished, underdeveloped country with shitty infrastructure.

I feel so sorry for everyone involed. Good luck. Best wishes.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

HOLD DOWN F11

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I have had two rather big Earthquakes with in the spate of around an hour.

http://www.3news.co....64/Default.aspx

http://www.geonet.org.nz/

This post has been edited by The Commander: 12 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostThe Commander, on 12 June 2011 - 06:27 PM, said:

I have had two rather big Earthquakes with in the spate of around an hour.

I mentioned that before - come to America! Well the East Coast. Could you not Minecraft over here Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options