Duke4.net Forums: Easy Expansion Pack Installations For Xduke/ Jono'f Port - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easy Expansion Pack Installations For Xduke/ Jono'f Port

User is offline   FOXSTATIC 

These are instructions on how to easily get Duke caribbean and duke it out in dc to work with either jonof's port or xduke.

1. Install or extract the contents of either expansion in their own folder somewhere on your computer.

2. From whatever directory your xduke or jduke ports are located, copy duke3d-w32.exe and duke3d.grp and paste them in with files of whatever expansion your using. For Jduke, copy both the duke3d and duke3d-setup exe's and the grp file.

3. After that, if you have caribbean vacation installed. Go to it's folder and run carib.exe, and select single-player. the screen will close and a new file called vacation.grp will be in the folder. You don't have to do anything to duke it out in dc, it's grp files are already there.

4. Now rename the new executables you copied out of your ports to "duke3d." Xduke's exe is "duke3d-w32," simply right click on it and then rename, then delete "w32" from the end. Cant't remember the name of jduke's exe but works the same for it.

5. To run caribbean vacation, simply run carib.exe in the folder, then single-player. Since we renamed the exe's for either xduke or jduke, carib.exe will find this and run the executables along with it. For duke it out in dc, simply run the dc batch file and it too will start up with either port.

I would like to here from anybody that tried this and I hope it works for you as it has for me.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

[Note: i have moved this thread to the general Duke Nukem forums, as it's more appropriate, and likely gets more attention by visitors/members as well]

I reckon Dukonnector supports the expansions... So here's a possible other solution:

Apart from playing multiplayer in it, it also manages which ports you want to use and play with... for singleplayer use as well... So, you should be able to run them with eDuke32 (this port is just an example, i an certain otehrs work just fine as well) in Dukonnector...

I'm concidering to sticky this thread, in case it's indeed helpful to others... Of course, i need other poeple to confirm it works for them just as well...
We'll see, maybe that's not needed afterall, and i'll sticky it anyways

Also, welcome to Duke4.net's forums FOXSTATIC, enjoy your stay here...

Wow, thank you. I didn't think anybody would even look at that. Also I have found a slight glitch with duke it out in dc. I don't know how this happened but when I started it up today the episode select screen only listed the original episodes and I played this expansion earlier today just fine. So I went in and found that by replacing the file userduke.con with userdc.con, it fixed the problem and I've had no trouble since. It seems to do that after the first time you play it.

excuse me again guys. I found out after a little testin' that userdc.con has to be in their no matter what. Even if userduke.con is still in their

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I'd love to test all this, but unfortuantely i own none of the expansions... i should get them when i find any physical copies anywhere...
That said, i can't really confirm if this works as easily as stated above

What..?
Yes, i know i'm like 10 years late with those expansions :) heh

I'll get into that eventually, but untill then, i'll note these ways of making them run... (Or use Dukonnector... i am sure that works as well)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options