Duke4.net Forums: Scaling floor/ceiling textures possible? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scaling floor/ceiling textures possible?

This is probably a dumb question and maybe it's a glitch, but I've seen a section of tile 875 used on a floor to create a desktop keyboard before. But when I tried making it myself, the texture is way to big (and yes, I have the expander bit turned off). It seems the texture was scaled somehow, but I'm aware of no key command that can scale floor/ceiling textures.

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 21 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Floor and ceiling textures can switch between 2 different sizes, and only 2. I think it's the 'e' key that does it.

View PostMicky C, on Feb 21 2011, 05:38 AM, said:

Floor and ceiling textures can switch between 2 different sizes, and only 2. I think it's the 'e' key that does it.

Yeah that's the expander bit. Even weirder, on the map in question, the keyboard is actually set to the larger size. I can't even get that look with the smaller setting.

I don't remember but i used to just spam some of the buttons xD think it was "r" and "e"

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

You can't resize floor and ceiling textures, you can only make them half the size or pan them.
Are you sure the keyboard section you were looking at wasn't a floor aligned sprite?

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 21 2011, 10:35 AM, said:

You can't resize floor and ceiling textures, you can only make them half the size or pan them.
Are you sure the keyboard section you were looking at wasn't a floor aligned sprite?

The keyboard only takes up about about 1/4th of the entire tile, so it couldn't have been a sprite.

There are two scales for sector tiles, the larger one is 16 units per texel and the other one is 8 units per texel. If you need a smaller scale and don't care about Polymost compatibility, there's a trick that enables to bypass that limitation in some cases. Make sure that your texture is relative and then make a sector somewhere outside the level with a very long wall (it should be longer than 65536 units, 75008 units is recommended for 2x/4x shrink), then join the sector that has the texture you need to shrink with this new sector (Mapster will ask for joining non-adjacent sectors, so proceed anyway) and make the longest wall into sector's first wall. You should get a texture with unusually small scale. Note that the trick works only in software mode.

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 26 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options