Duke4.net Forums: DN: Manhattan Project (mods, addons and etc.) - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DN: Manhattan Project (mods, addons and etc.)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

If you have the source code, how easy would it be to enable a first person view? I'm thinking of Time to Kill mods, etc. Also general modding.

The game already has a first-person view built in (albeit buggy) with the console command g_fps. But if the source code to duke_base.dll (the equivalent of a Source engine game dll) was released, then fixing up the first person view would be rather trivial. The game would also become heavily moddable (to the point where you could pretty much do anything with it).
I was talking with Fresch on Facebook a few months ago about it, but I haven't heard back in a while. With recent developments (Gearbox possibly owning the older Duke games now), I'm not even sure if it'll happen anymore.

The aforementioned first person mode (note that I slightly edited which animations get played to make things look a little nicer):

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 26 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

• Polymancer

It would be nice to have a new engine to play with.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 27 August 2015 - 01:32 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh yeah, there's a thread for Manhattan Project...

I showed this to Hendricks but, someone messed around with the FOV in duke_base.dll http://www.wsgf.org/...hp?f=95&t=29891

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lunick: 27 August 2015 - 02:45 AM

Yeah, that's easy to do. It's just a hex-edit of the default value of the g_cam_fov console variable. Here's 150 FOV for example:
(although you could just change g_cam_fov in your config file rather than hex-editing the dll)

Posted Image

You can change the defaults of pretty much any cvar this way, for example, here's a duke_base.dll with 90 FOV, godmode on by default, and Duke will run ridiculously fast and jump ridiculously high (which gives hilarious results in the demos): https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

EDIT: Here's the Porkchopper boss in first person, since I was bored

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 27 August 2015 - 05:15 AM

• Polymancer

Is it possible to alter the levels to seal up the open sides?

Not without the map sources, currently only the sources to around 3 or 4 of the game's maps are available.

User is offline   DNV 

New teaser of gym room of EDF base, and some facts about Deep Freeze (Project-2012) mod for Duke Nukem Manhattan Project.

Teaser on YouTube

Fact #1
The first level of the original DNMP consists of four maps. The first level of Deep Freeze contains 22 maps.

Fact #2
The mod adds to the game a ton of new features, including new enemies.

Fact #3
In some levels Duke have companions.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DNV: 24 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   Zurix 

Today me and DNV was working in mod for Duke Nukem Manhattan Project Multiplayer i was making the server and clients and database and DNV will make buttons and map and world maker and alot.
so while we work we saw some proplems as DNV said:

So I think multiplayer in DNMP is impossible. Because all what happens with "player2" affects the main player. For example, if "player2" picked up any weapon or ammo or powerup, the main player gets the same automatically.

The second problem - "player2" can't die.

The third problem - "player2" can be spawned only by/from spawner_entity

i told him to make new class for duke nukem with same data of duke nukem but iam not pro modder in DNMP but i know some multiplayer engines and setting servers for them so any advice for me :D ?

You won't be able to do multiplayer properly without being able to modify duke_base.dll, which can't currently be done because no SDK was ever released.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Manhattan Project source code has to still exist because of the XBLA and mobile ports.

It still exists of course, but the actual engine source can't be released due to it using stuff like Granny3D. The code for duke_base.dll shouldn't be an issue though, and it irritates me greatly that it was never released.
For reference, duke_base.dll is equivalent to gamex86.dll in idTech games.

The duke_base source would be equivalent to something like the Half-Life SDK or Doom 3 SDK.

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 16 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 16 September 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

You won't be able to do multiplayer properly without being able to modify duke_base.dll, which can't currently be done because no SDK was ever released.

ok , understood but can we decompile it?
but i know some decomilers but it for IL and VB.net and C#

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 17 September 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

ok , understood but can we decompile it?
but i know some decomilers but it for IL and VB.net and C#

It's written in C/C++, so short answer: not back to C/C++ in an effective manner, no. You can disassemble it, but unless you can read assembly you won't get far.
There are C/C++ decompilers, and I did play around with one to decompile duke_base.dll, but the output is as good as useless for modification, as expected.

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 17 September 2016 - 04:43 AM, said:

It's written in C/C++, so short answer: not back to C/C++ in an effective manner, no. You can disassemble it, but unless you can read assembly you won't get far.
There are C/C++ decompilers, and I did play around with one to decompile duke_base.dll, but the output is as good as useless for modification, as expected.

i was decompiling it but when it decompiled to c++ it crashed alot but i saw the classes in it and it was in hex.

Ah The Duke Nukem Zero Hour Theme I heard In the YouTube video brought a tear to my eye. You are a connoisseur of Duke Nukem games, the theme is always went to when something good happens in the community. This gives me hope that the fans are out there doing Duke Justice. And is one of the best/underrated games in the series, Zero Hour. But based on the net I am not alone. Manhattan Project was a unique spin on the series and it is growing on me. Is this an expansion? Or lost episodes for the game? I know I said this on your YouTube Page, I just also felt I should ask here. And I must ask what is your favorite game in the series? And what do you think of World Tour?

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostWanderer042, on 17 September 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

Ah The Duke Nukem Zero Hour Theme I heard In the YouTube video brought a tear to my eye. You are a connoisseur of Duke Nukem games, the theme is always went to when something good happens in the community. This gives me hope that the fans are out there doing Duke Justice. And is one of the best/underrated games in the series, Zero Hour. But based on the net I am not alone. Manhattan Project was a unique spin on the series and it is growing on me. Is this an expansion? Or lost episodes for the game? I know I said this on your YouTube Page, I just also felt I should ask here. And I must ask what is your favorite game in the series? And what do you think of World Tour?

My best one that i like it Manhattan Project
Best Story Manhattan Project
Best Theme DN Megadeth
Best Graphics Forever [Ofcourse xD]

User is offline   DNV 

View PostWanderer042, on 17 September 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

So, I tell you the same here ;)
It depends on what you mean by "extension". All that is shown in Project-2012 trailer is already out of date.
Full story is divided into three new big episodes. This mod contains many new things at the moment. For example: Duke can ride on vehicles, can swim, there are companions, new enemies, new items, and more.

P.S. My favorite Duke game is DNMP. I'm almost indifferent towards World Tour, but that's better than nothing.

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostDNV, on 18 September 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

It depends on what you mean by "extension". All that is shown in Project-2012 trailer is already out of date.
Full story is divided into three new big episodes. This mod contains many new things at the moment. For example: Duke can ride on vehicles, can swim, there are companions, new enemies, new items, and more.

P.S. My favorite Duke game is DNMP. I'm almost indifferent towards World Tour, but that's better than nothing.

I cant wait to test this mod :D

View PostDNV, on 18 September 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Sorry about that, The reason I posted here as well as YouTube—Well YouTube currently for me is finicky so I apologize for double posting. When I posted on your video it said that ‘the message could not be sent’. But like many here I cannot wait to test this mod as well.

User is offline   Zurix 

ok.
after i decompiled the duke_base.dll does any one want it?

User is offline   DNV 

Thanks, guys. Your comments motivate me stronger ;)

I thought of making a few DNMP maps... for the first time in my life lol

I managed to make a hallway with a backround and a few powerups and pigcops to kill. The worst thing is the camera so far... Those damn lines always confuse me lol

ps... When are you planning to release that mod? Looked nice when I saw it years ago. DNMP is my favorite also and I'm tired of replaying the same maps and after I realised that it would take me a month to make a simple map myself : _D well... can't wait for the project 2012 : P

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostEvilEmperorZoRG {GR}, on 18 September 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

I managed to make a hallway with a backround and a few powerups and pigcops to kill. The worst thing is the camera so far... Those damn lines always confuse me lol

ps... When are you planning to release that mod? Looked nice when I saw it years ago. DNMP is my favorite also and I'm tired of replaying the same maps and after I realised that it would take me a month to make a simple map myself : _D well... can't wait for the project 2012 : P

you mean the lines in the game that attached by Debug mod ? or what?

I mean with the Prism3D editor. You have to set the camera that will follow Duke. I found out how it works now ;) But there's still a lot to learn and not any tutorials at all...

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostEvilEmperorZoRG {GR}, on 18 September 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

I mean with the Prism3D editor. You have to set the camera that will follow Duke. I found out how it works now ;) But there's still a lot to learn and not any tutorials at all...

DNV is pro level designer and he make some tutorials but it in russian
btw can any one give me the link for prism3d editor pls? :D

View PostEvilEmperorZoRG {GR}, on 18 September 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

But there's still a lot to learn and not any tutorials at all...

http://www.scssoft.com/dnmp_tutor/

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 19 September 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

Zombiekiller i was there already but it told me to go to dukenukemmp.com but the site it converted to Japanese site so can you help me?

I noticed he's pro... I suck lol

Maybe with patience and trial and error I will manage to make a map and finally say to someone "I made that" lol

Maybe I should start with build engine editor instead of Prism3D and buy the old instructions book.

ps. Yeah the scssoft is the tutorial that helped me get started. But after following the small tutorial that only let you get started you are on your own : P

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 19 September 2016 - 02:23 AM

User is offline   DNV 

Thats good ;)

When are you planning to release that mod? Looked nice when I saw it years ago. DNMP is my favorite also and I'm tired of replaying the same maps and after I realised that it would take me a month to make a simple map myself : _D well... can't wait for the project 2012 : P

Unfortunately, I have little time to develop Project-2012, especially after I started to work on Bombshell and other new 3DR projects.
But I want to make the first episode and release it separately. And then the full mod.

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 19 September 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

can any one give me the link for prism3d editor pls? :D

Here you can find anything you need for DNMP: http://legacy.duke4....oad.php?list.13

This post has been edited by DNV: 19 September 2016 - 02:57 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options