Duke4.net Forums: Quick Question About Invision Power - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quick Question About Invision Power

User is offline   avatar_58 

I've ran invision based boards a few times before and I was just curious, does the this version of Pro have a "mass prune" option? :) The only reason I ask is because I've seen entire forums go down in flames because of someone with too much time on their hands posting garbage and ruining it.

A "delete all by user" was the option I was looking for and never found it on the free version. B) The bastard in question posted a few hundred topics and posts full of *interesting* pics, and I had to close down the board.....since even after cleaning it there was no clear way to prevent it.

Just a heads up....

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

That would be a usefull feature... But there might happen some confusion, when certain posts are responding to the 'annoying guy' when there's nothing to respond to (because his posts are deleted...)
However, this would still be a pretty cool feature...
I have another qusetion about this forum type:
It's the first time iv'e even heard of "Invision Power" But i've noticed that there is a quote and un-quote function... The un-quopte function doesn't seem to wotk for me however...
Everytime i choos either quote on/off, it makes a quote in my post anyways... Which i have to delete before writing a reply...

I'm running on Firefox 1.0.7 and i haven't tried IE here yet... (limited connection, i won't visit often before next month)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Micki, the quote/unquote option is for use with making a long reply. You can quote multiple people in one post.

Avatar, yes there is a mass prune option. I can check off any thread on the list and delete them all simultaneously with one click. :)

User is offline   avatar_58 

Yatta, on Dec 18 2005, 07:07 PM, said:

Micki, the quote/unquote option is for use with making a long reply.  You can quote multiple people in one post.

Avatar, yes there is a mass prune option.  I can check off any thread on the list and delete them all simultaneously with one click. :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goody B) I just didn't want to see some asshat ruin this forum due to lack of features. Either it was added or invision just snubs their free users.....hehe

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Yatta, on Dec 19 2005, 01:07 AM, said:

Micki, the quote/unquote option is for use with making a long reply.  You can quote multiple people in one post.

Ok... But it's still very confusing with the quote being in my post automaticly everytime...

Avatar, yes there is a mass prune option.  I can check off any thread on the list and delete them all simultaneously with one click. :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool... Very usefull feature... B)

User is offline   Qdeathstar 

Micki!, on Dec 19 2005, 04:16 AM, said:

Ok... But it's still very confusing with the quote being in my post automaticly everytime...
That's cool... Very usefull feature... :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

after about 10 or 11 quotes, it doesnt work anymore B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options