Duke4.net Forums: Special sprites to ignore conveyor? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Special sprites to ignore conveyor?  "Is it possible?"

User is offline   Scott_AW 

I come into a problem I had before, but ignored then. However I'd like to know if it is possible to have certain actors ignore the effects of a conveyor or is there a handy hack for this?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostScott_AW, on Feb 20 2011, 12:20 AM, said:

I come into a problem I had before, but ignored then. However I'd like to know if it is possible to have certain actors ignore the effects of a conveyor or is there a handy hack for this?

That's a tough one. Sprites get moved by conveyors even when they aren't on the ground. The only method I can think of right now would be to have the sprites store their initial coordinates and then constantly reset themselves to those coordinates. However, this might cause them to shake when the conveyor is moving.

Example code:

gamevar initx 0 2
gamevar inity 0 2

eventloadactor MYSPRITE
getactor[THISACTOR].x initx
getactor[THISACTOR].y inity
enda

useractor notenemy MYSPRITE 0
setactor[THISACTOR].x initx
setactor[THISACTOR].y inity
enda

I'll try that out, jittery isn't a problem because they are invisible emitters. If anything the jitter may enhance things.

Thanks

Another thing you could try is changing the sprite's sectnum to the sector right next to the conveyor, that way they should still be drawn, the only problem is, I am not sure this can be done in Mapster32 as it never works for me in that editor, but there is nothing to stop you using LeBuild to test it out as you can always load the map in Mapster again (though it seems to reset the sprites to the correct sectnum every time you do this).

@Deeperthought - That worked like a dream, thanks again!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options