• tile 1018

View PostDukeIndia, on Feb 16 2011, 08:17 PM, said:

I saw these images tagged in facebook few hours ago, but they are gone again
http://img638.images...us/i/fotodm.jpg
http://img823.images...s/i/foto2zb.jpg

Looks like DN3D Reloaded to me.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Both images are the exact same frame on the screen......how is that possible?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Because it's faked. That's not gameplay.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

It could be fake, but notice the shotgun shell on the shotgun, I heard somebody complaining about it when they saw that shell on YouTube footage of the game. (I think it was the DN3D Reloaded Theme video) It's a damn good fake if it is. Also on the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Duke-Nukem-3...108271955905267 the picture being used as the main\profile picture has that shotgun at a similar angle. It could just be the picture was taken away from the screen with the guy's head in it, and the next one is just a zoomed in version.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Looks like that frederick shrieber dude with his woozy head. It appears there was one pic (with head) then cropped him out to create the second identical pic. Or maybe it was paused and the camera moved in closer. Does it matter?

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 16 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm not necessarily saying what's there is fake, but I'm saying it's not gameplay footage. I'd say it's just a screenshot thrown up on a TV.

It does look like its just a screenshot.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Looks like the HRP with polymer.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostSpirrwell, on Feb 16 2011, 08:46 PM, said:

Looks like DN3D Reloaded to me.

That's their dumpster model.

Yup. Look at the new banner on their facebook page.

Also that is Frederick Shrieber. I could tell by his room. He posted his setup on the GBX forums.

This post has been edited by Zor: 16 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Why fool people into thinking a cheap screenshot is an in-game test demo on screen? Do they think we're stupid?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Feb 17 2011, 11:46 AM, said:

Why fool people into thinking a cheap screenshot is an in-game test demo on screen? Do they think we're stupid?

It is definately DN3D Reloaded.
I have been sent some directly taken screenshots (sorry they are internal, you can read an official announcement about the reasons for holding back media on their homepage or the facebook page and in the DN3DR thread here).
And a recent announcement on facebook was that some DN3DR teammembers just had a blast at their first gangbang session. No, they didn't meet for adult activites ... Gangbang is the name of DN3DR's horde mode.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 17 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I know it's DN3D Reloaded. I'm asking why they thought taking TWO pictures of a computer screen that's obviously a screenshot and not live in-game footage would fool us into think it IS live in-game footage.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Feb 17 2011, 04:08 PM, said:

I know it's DN3D Reloaded. I'm asking why they thought taking TWO pictures of a computer screen that's obviously a screenshot and not live in-game footage would fool us into think it IS live in-game footage.

The misconception is that people think it was intended for the public. That's why the photos are gone now again.
All I am allowed to say is that I have several shots of that scene from different angles and with different animations. I take the full resposibility for revealing the following: The Skyline in the other shots is made of 3D models as skyscrapers which are more than just blocks with squares as windows which adds a lot atmosphere and action compared to the original static images

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 17 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

View Postfuegerstef, on Feb 17 2011, 04:21 PM, said:

The misconception is that people think it was intended for the public. That's why the photos are gone now again.
All I am allowed to say is that I have several shots of that scene from different angles and with different animations. I take the full resposibility for revealing the following: The Skyline in the other shots is made of 3D models as skyscrapers which are more than just blocks with squares as windows which adds a lot atmosphere and action compared to the original static images

I hope that ground texture is so shiny because it's wet or something, if not then it's looking waaaaay too shiny...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 18 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Feb 18 2011, 04:10 AM, said:

I hope that ground texture is so shiny because it's wet or something, if not then it's looking waaaaay too shiny...

I think I leave this thread for now. I am going to the Himalaya and think about why people care to post about a texture on a photo of a screen of a pre-alpha build of a game not being finished for about 2 or 3 years.

User is offline   zwieback 

whatever it is, i like it

View Postfuegerstef, on Feb 18 2011, 05:36 AM, said:

I think I leave this thread for now. I am going to the Himalaya and think about why people care to post about a texture on a photo of a screen of a pre-alpha build of a game not being finished for about 2 or 3 years.

Because you know I just called out crappy art design when I saw it and because you might also doubt this project is ever going to get finished ;)

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 18 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostMr.Deviance, on Feb 18 2011, 05:01 AM, said:

Because you know I just called out crappy art design when I saw it and because you might also doubt this project is ever going to get finished ;)

Because all people here do is hate on new tech and new ideas.

View PostTea Monster, on Feb 18 2011, 02:05 PM, said:

Because all people here do is hate on new tech and new ideas.

That may be true but I hope you're not trying to imply I am hating on new tech and new ideas.
I love new tech and new ideas if I find them good! If I find them lame and lackluster I am sure as hell going to either criticize them or not bother at all.
It's my opinion and I'm sure as hell not taking a shit in other people's opinions.
Everybody is free to like anything, no matter how shitty it is.
In that screen I can see some decent looking props but I am not really too keen of the shotgun model that looks nothing like duke3d one and on top of that, I think that the ground texture looks like wet asphalt.
But now that fuegerstef told us that he is going to Himalaya, suddenly everything started to make sense.

• tile 1018

lol. The people behind DN3D Reloaded are making a revision, not a remake as they put it. I think that it's kind of stupid.

It's not more stupid than doing what we all do here?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Feb 18 2011, 02:24 PM, said:

That may be true but I hope you're not trying to imply I am hating on new tech and new ideas.
I love new tech and new ideas if I find them good! If I find them lame and lackluster I am sure as hell going to either criticize them or not bother at all.
It's my opinion and I'm sure as hell not taking a shit in other people's opinions.
Everybody is free to like anything, no matter how shitty it is.
In that screen I can see some decent looking props but I am not really too keen of the shotgun model that looks nothing like duke3d one and on top of that, I think that the ground texture looks like wet asphalt.
But now that fuegerstef told us that he is going to Himalaya, suddenly everything started to make sense.

Yes, it makes sense. To change how wet it looks takes a non team member like me who knows a bit about the UEngine about 30 seconds.
It is as simple as changing values for the DN HRP in Polymer, if not much easier.
And if I was to work on a multiplayer beta where the main purpose is to test gameplay internally (!!!!!) I would first try to nail down the technical aspects of the gameplay and that the netcode works and functions are properly replicated.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 18 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Feb 18 2011, 08:01 AM, said:

Actually, for now, you seem to be the one worried that Reloaded may not get finished. :P
Relax dude. :P

This post has been edited by Hank: 18 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

The shotgun in the screenshot resembles a lot the one from DNF 2001.
To be honest that is good IMO.
I know Revision is based on Duke 3D but it don't need to be a carbon copy of it.

Posted Image

DNF 2001:
Posted Image

In fact the screen is too blurry but I bet it's just some kind of photoshop edition or an early movement effect test.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 18 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

• tile 1018

View PostJhect, on Feb 18 2011, 06:41 PM, said:

It's not more stupid than doing what we all do here?

No, I was saying that a remake would be better than a revision IMO. What we do with Duke3D is remake and build upon from the original. If the game works for you that's your opinion and that's fine, but I'm sure I'll like the original with or without the HRP better than the "revision" DN3D reloaded.

View PostLkMax, on Feb 18 2011, 06:51 PM, said:

The shotgun in the screenshot resembles a lot the one from DNF 2001.
To be honest that is good IMO.
Posted Image

DNF 2001:
Posted Image

Ironically, I find the 2001 dnf version to look much cooler than dnr one, even without all those extra polygons and shaders.
I just hate shotguns with shells stuck to them, they put me off very bad.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostLkMax, on Feb 18 2011, 05:51 PM, said:

In fact the screen is too blurry but I bet it's just some kind of photoshop edition or an early movement effect test.

The direct screenshots I got don't have blur or even bloom effect. I think it comes from the camera. And then you most probably be able to turn off mothion blur.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options