Duke4.net Forums: Blood MP on YANG with default settings - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood MP on YANG with default settings  "'Nother noob question"

User is offline   Shawneth 

Does anyone know how to get Blood working on YANG with the default settings from GOG?

Like, imagine you have just installed Blood, and want to configure it. I had configured it, but I don't understand the "base configure file" and other things like that. Any understanding help?

Also, don't mind playing against someone either ;)

EDIT: One whole unit.

This post has been edited by oporix: 14 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

I've never used the GoG version, but I believe it is the same as the regular One Whole Unit Blood. Go to set up your source ports via the menu in YANG, on the Blood tab, tick the "DOS One Whole Unit v1.21" checkbox and click the Locate button, find the Blood.exe file, this should be easy to find. Set your user maps directory too, probably just the directory Blood is in if you intend to use them at all anyway.

Now go to the DOSBox tab, tick the "I have DOSBox" checkbox and locate the DOSBox.exe in the same way you did Blood.exe, I reccomend downloading DOSBox seperately and using that (C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox.exe) now for the config file, the default one runs Blood crappily in my opinion.

If you can find your DOSBOX.CONF file, save it somewhere and locate that as the configuration file. I would reccomend using a better one though or modifying the one you have. To get the file do this.

Go to the start menu and find the DOSBox folder in there, open "Edit Configuration" and look for Cycles, change this line to
CYCLES=MAX

This should remove any poor performance that would otherwise occur. Now save the file to a folder as a text file, probably the Blood folder as we know where that is and it won't get deleted, now you just need to select that as the DosBox config file in Yang and it should work.

Maybe I'll see you on-line? It'd be fun to kick your ass ;)

It's being very annoying currently... So I must be on the verge to fixing the problem.

I plan to rape you soon! High Treason.

EDIT: I think I know what the problem is, but I don't know how to fix it.

I always run the shortcut to play Blood single play and I read the properties which said this
"C:\Program Files\GOG.com\One Unit Whole Blood\DOSBOX\dosbox.exe" -conf dosboxBlood.conf -noconsole -c "exit"
in target, that is. In "Start-in" it says this:

"C:\Program Files\GOG.com\One Unit Whole Blood\"

I got a fresh copy of DosBox on my computer, and using YANG I made the "I have dosbox" that, and I made the 1.21 version of Blood my EXE (for Blood). When it starts, it goes right to the start-up, then it closes. Is there a way to make the shortcut codes work with running it on YANG? Fuck this is confusing.

This post has been edited by oporix: 14 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Yang effectively does this for you, except for the "-noconsole" and "exit" parts, there isn't much that can be done about that I am affraid. What start-up screen is exiting? If it is the text-mode one there may be some kind of problem with the setup and you may have to modify the DosBox config file or else it is after a CD (or an image of one), which I have never known it do. If this is the case, you can probably set your dosbox configuration file in Yang as the "dosboxBlood.conf" one from GoG and it should mount the CD, though I can't guarantee it as I have never actually used the GoG version of Blood.

I think that you may have solved my problem. I have to do this quick, going skiing tomorrow.

EDIT: Fuck it, tell me through YANG. You may have to start it though. I can't forward my ports.

This post has been edited by oporix: 14 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postoporix, on Feb 14 2011, 11:30 PM, said:

EDIT: Fuck it, tell me through YANG. You may have to start it though. I can't forward my ports.

I can host if you would like. ;)

View PostReaperMan, on Feb 15 2011, 07:01 PM, said:

I can host if you would like. ;)

That would be awesome, what time could all three of us (or just two, but I'm sure HT wouldn't want t miss this) meet up at?

I'm okay after 5:00 P.M in Ottawa, what bout you?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options