• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke's Big Package DLC / pre-order bonus

User is offline   randir14 

http://www.ebgames.c...ukem-Forever-PC

Posted Image

This post has been edited by randir14: 14 February 2011 - 02:04 AM

So I was right, you CAN change Duke's clothes...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So I'm considering preordering with this, but I've never pre-ordered a game before. I clicked the 'add to cart' and proceeded to checkout, and it says I owe $10 (australian). I assume that means $10 now and the rest when I receive the game? Also it says the total is $98, which I hope the $10 is a part of and not extra :S

Can they actually carry through with these exclusive promises?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 14 February 2011 - 02:22 AM

View PostMicky C, on Feb 14 2011, 02:19 AM, said:

So I'm considering preordering with this, but I've never pre-ordered a game before. I clicked the 'add to cart' and proceeded to checkout, and it says I owe $10 (australian). I assume that means $10 now and the rest when I receive the game? Also it says the total is $98, which I hope the $10 is a part of and not extra :S

Can they actually carry through with these exclusive promises?

$10 is part of the $98, they'll bill the rest before they ship the game to you. Here in the U.S. you can use any amount from $5 to the full price to pre-order, it probably works the same in Australia.

This post has been edited by randir14: 14 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

rawr put it on steam already and give me my tf2 hat ;)

This post has been edited by DanM: 14 February 2011 - 04:27 AM

So you can make your own Douche Nukem?!

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

nothing special to pay attention to. IMHO

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 14 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

User is offline   Shawneth 

I already pre-ordered this, do I get these things since I pre-ordered this game a long time ago? (December 2010)?

User is offline   Alithinos 

I like how most dlcs today are basic things that a single modder could do in a single weekend. ;)
I hope they will not ship half a game and ask as to buy the rest half digitally with dlc.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

What the fuck is this shit?

User is offline   Sebastian 

That big head thing could be pretty fun. Nice to see a shirt selection screen. I'm all for making games a little more personal and what not.
I wonder if this applies to GameStop or if they'll get something similar considering their merge a few years back.

• Honored Donor

When I said I was considering it, I was thinking mostly of the First Access Club in the hopes that I could get the demo a day or two before everyone else.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

.....this is gay.

User is offline   Outtagum 

They're pre-order incentives. So I'm glad they're lame. ;)

This is so wrong. What were they thinking?

Meh, all the more reason to ignore it, but chances are this either be unlockable in game or future DLC for everyone for like $2.00

User is offline   ferran275 

"Developer Access"?

and... no offense to the Aussies, but, where's ours? guessing we'll get our own perks in the near future?

User is offline   aftli 

Fuck everything about this. Seriously. I hate pre-order incentives like this. Now the rest of us won't get a damn t-shirt and big heads? wtf? Again, fuck everything about this. First Access Club would have been enough of a benefit, then people don't have to buy Borderlands GOTY to get it. In Duke's words: This really pisses me off.

Australian exclusives would only make sense if the game was censored in that country, and we know it wasn't. I bet the rest of the world will get these same bonuses.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

No sense in pre-ordering anything especially for the PC without the system requirements being released yet. If I have to dish out cash for a new machine, if not that, a new OS, I can wait. Would hate to have the game in my hands and not be able to run it. That's just torture!

• Honored Donor

Oh I didn't realize it was an Australian exclusive. All the more reason to get it ;)

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Don't be so damn negative folks.

The big heads remind me of the days of GoldenEye.
Also, customizable Duke... Sounds good to me, especially when it comes to multiplayer.

Since preorder also means first access, it could possibly mean similar or the same bonuses as well for everyone that has it. Remember, they mentioned something about having some bonuses for first access, and those may be in-game ones. Either way, I think it's fairly cool.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

Customizable Duke has been available even in Duke3D.
You could just change the color of his clothes back then but now you can obviously change his clothes in mode detail.
I am sure there are just different skins for his clothes and not entirely new clothes models.
Maybe the gloves are changeable and have different models for them, not just different skins.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 15 February 2011 - 05:04 AM

User is offline   Green 

http://www.dukenukem...r.com/preorder/

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMr. Green, on Feb 15 2011, 02:41 PM, said:

Did anybody notice on the bottom of the image of the BoS edition is now the line "Art not final. Contents subject to change."

So maybe they will change the horrible boxart before launch ;)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I really hope so. It seems like a cheap way to go just to wrap the worst wallpaper they released on a cubic 3D model.

User is offline   Lunick 

The name is funny

I think the shirt thing would be good for multiplayer so there would be a little more variety. And who doesn't like big heads? LOL

User is offline   Raziel 

I don't see why people are complaining, we pay twice as much as other people for the same game in Australia. In the US you pay $50 for the game, in Australia it's $100. Just out of interest sake, the exchange rates are pretty much 1:1 these days, so no, that has nothing to do with it. Now I don't care where you're from; no amount of DLC or club access is worth $50 - hell, you can buy the entire Borderlands GOTY for that price in the US and still have enough for some DNF DLCs anyway! So consider yourselves lucky for not being ass-raped by your local distributors & publishers like we are. In my opinion, you are much better off than we are. Having said that, I'm sure it won't be an exclusive offer to Australia.

And even if it was, all these DLCs are crap, that T-shirt looks like shit, I don't wanna play with big heads, and why the hell would I use the ego boost - it sounds like a cool idea until you realize that would just make the game easier!!! The only cool thing about this offer is the first access club, which isn't really something to write home about since, as pointed out earlier, you can buy Borderlands GOTY anyway with the money you're saving from the game. I think we're the ones getting fucked over.

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostRaziel, on Feb 16 2011, 04:20 AM, said:

I don't see why people are complaining, we pay twice as much as other people for the same game in Australia. In the US you pay $50 for the game, in Australia it's $100.

You ain't the only one. Just about all games fresh on the market costs 699SEK in Sweden upon release at retail, which translates into AUS$108,15 so yeah. You're not the only ones getting shafted.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostSebastian, on Feb 16 2011, 08:08 AM, said:

You ain't the only one. Just about all games fresh on the market costs 699SEK in Sweden upon release at retail, which translates into AUS$108,15 so yeah. You're not the only ones getting shafted.

Yeah, it's really shitty of them for doing that kind of crap... I mean I can understand a 10% markup in price... but a 100% increase in retail price?! Like, WTF, what kind of industry can you double the retail price on just because it's sold overseas?! You've got to be joking. I really find it hard to believe that the markup price on games is this high.

A while back I started importing all my games and I was saving so much money! I really should do that again, but the issue is that I currently have lots of special editions on pre-order, so I can't really switch to imports at this point. For example:
1) Duke Nukem Forever BoS edition (upgrade of my original order, but I can't get BoS version overseas). To be honest, I'm thinking of cancelling the order as well, or maybe just getting it and selling it off on e-bay when no BoS editions are left. The online requirement is something I'm not too happy about.
2) Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition (includes an arcade stick, most places don't allow you to import this version)
3) Dragon Age 2 Signiture Edition (this is the one I probably should have ordered online, but if I switch to an overseas order now I'll lose all the signiture edition stuff and free mouse pad you get at eb games for pre-ordering)

But it is a situation I'd like to get back in to, I just find it hard to justify paying twice the price...

Raz.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options