Duke4.net Forums: The Artists Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Artists Thread

User is offline   Sebastian 

Not sure if we have (m)any photographers, painters, writers or musicians around here - but if we do; post your shit here!

I myself compose on my piano every once in a while. I used to be a very active photographer but these days I mostly just do commissioned work or filming for music festivals or other companies.

As of now I'm all about painting. Thought I'd share with you some of my latest works.

Disclaimer: Try not to post too huge images!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is very good, makes my stuff look rubbish, but nontheless, here is some of mine. I only ever use pencil and rarely use color, people say I can't draw, I just say I have my own style - I'm good at technical drawing but I don't have any handy.

Sonic (Everybody tries this);
Posted Image

The Mighty Penguinator;
Posted Image

A backdrop from the cartoon I am working on right now;
Posted Image

The last image has been shrunk, the original weighs in at over 140Mb (PNG) due to the resolution. The whole cartoon has everything hand drawn in black and white and then the computer is used to texturise everything, a lot of the textures were made by me such as the pebble-dash is from a tileable photo of the pebble-dash from my house. I should probably add that there is about 6 different layers at work there due to it being designed for animation, all of them are drawn on a different sheet of paper and getting them to mesh is quite hard.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 13 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

Now I feel like drawing things ;)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Damn Sebastian, that's damn good stuff. My favorite one is the woman on the bed. Absolutely sexy and fantastic!

I used to upload songs to my MySpace. You can check out a few of them here: http://myspace.com/theoldays

The woman on the bed looks good ^^

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh wow MusicallyInspired, that looks REALLY cool. I would have that on my wall.

• The Sarien Encounter

Thanks. I drew that for art class when I had to go to adult ed to complete my high school education. I'm going to frame it and put it in my music studio once I have one. I also have a charcoal "subtractive" drawing (drawing by erasing a page full of charcoal) of a woman somewhere. That was neat.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

View PostYatta, on Feb 13 2011, 09:55 PM, said:

Damn Sebastian, that's damn good stuff. My favorite one is the woman on the bed. Absolutely sexy and fantastic!

I used to upload songs to my MySpace. You can check out a few of them here: http://myspace.com/theoldays

Do you sing? Guitar?

I liked the Mad World Cover, prefer to hear it in GOW1 trailer ;).

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Feb 15 2011, 03:37 PM, said:

[img]

THIS IMAGE IS SOOOOOOOOOO KICK ASS!!!!!!!

Damn I wish i could draw like that ;)

Thanks guys.

I love that backdrop you made, High Treason!
Yatta: I listened to some of your tracks and they're quite excellent! I especially enjoyed the Jimi Hendrix cover.
MusicallyInspired: I can't believe the painstaking process it must have been to create that - truly awesome work!

User is offline   CruX 

View PostYatta, on Feb 13 2011, 09:55 PM, said:

They sort of reminded me of Rise Against, which is a good thing. Though I'll be straight, that cover of Mad World was way to fast-paced.

• The Sarien Encounter

Indeed. Painstaking it was. Especially all the math involved at the fretboard/strings area. I didn't think it would turn out half this good to be honest.

I realized I never actually commended you on your work, Sebastian. Very nice!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

All kinds of good shit in here. I'm an aspiring artist, if you will, but I'm shitty at drawing, and can't afford the supplies for painting or sculpting, which I am decent at in both and genuinely interested in. Fuck.

Made this one last night, based on Saturn devouring his own son, by Francisco Goya. Obviously with a celebrity twist.

Posted Image

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postoporix, on Feb 15 2011, 07:43 PM, said:

Do you sing? Guitar?

I liked the Mad World Cover, prefer to hear it in GOW1 trailer :P.

Thank you! Yep I sing and play guitar. Haven't done it as of late though. It's been a while. No motivation. I need a pretty girl to sing to. :D

View PostSebastian, on Feb 16 2011, 10:53 AM, said:

Thanks guys.

Yatta: I listened to some of your tracks and they're quite excellent! I especially enjoyed the Jimi Hendrix cover.

Hehe thanks man! I love your latest piece. That chocolate woman he's eating looks delicious. (I know it's not chocolate and it's not a woman, but he has quite a female butt. :D)

View PostEmericaSkater, on Feb 16 2011, 12:04 PM, said:

They sort of reminded me of Rise Against, which is a good thing. Though I'll be straight, that cover of Mad World was way to fast-paced.

Thanks! I like Rise Against.

By the way, I know it's fast paced but listen to the original 80s version (although I do prefer the slow cover that was done, which is probably the one you're used to hearing). :D

View PostYatta, on Feb 24 2011, 06:10 PM, said:

Hehe thanks man! I love your latest piece. That chocolate woman he's eating looks delicious. (I know it's not chocolate and it's not a woman, but he has quite a female butt. :P)

Heh, thank you. Take a look at the original painting. It's so freakin' weird. http://www.stenudd.c...saturn-goya.jpg

Finished this one last night - the last in the series:

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Posted Image

I took this a few years back.
I also took this Panoramic picture on the access road of Mt Hutt here in New Zealand.
http://www.panoramicearth.com/5904/Mt_Hutt...utt_Access_Road (Click play then click the full screen button)

It's not my best panoramic as you can see that the images don't completely match up correctly, but it was a good effort with no tripod.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 27 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

Nice! I love how vibrant the butterfly looks and the grain in the image.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSebastian, on Feb 27 2011, 07:32 AM, said:

Finished this one last night - the last in the series:

Is that Roy Orbison on that unicorn?

Yeah! I'm rather obsessed with his music, I must admit.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostSebastian, on Feb 27 2011, 07:32 AM, said:

Heh, thank you. Take a look at the original painting. It's so freakin' weird. http://www.stenudd.c...saturn-goya.jpg

Wow. Reminds me of this.

Well, my scanner is working, so have a couple more of my crappy drawings.
Posted Image Posted Image

This was an old friend's garage, he had everything in that place, a water supply, electricity, a cooker, several TVs and Computers, Video Game consoles and a 19" rack full of server and synthesizer gear. The scale is a little off to show exactly what was in there and the large table that occupied the middle of the place has been omitted, also the lines around the top symbolise where the sloped roof actually was, you are observing the scene from an angle that would be impossible in real life. The dude who it belonged to was awesome, he's probably rich right now, he could write in at least 3 different assembly languages and fabricate circuits he made up in his head without a single error (he once built a simple "computer" out of relay arrays and lord only knows what dinosaur components, it lit a row of bulbs up to tell you the sum of mathematical problems.) though we spent most of our time setting things on fire - hence the wood burner, I remember him saying "Your British weather sucks, so I made this to heat the place and now we can have indoor bonfires" and I only once saw him burn wood on it, it was usually things like tyres. We also used to do stupid experiments like hooking up an engine to a shopping trolley and seeing how fast it would go on the road.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 04 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

'nother one:

Posted Image

Fucking amazing. Try a chocobo from final fantasy.

Try a what?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSebastian, on Mar 10 2011, 01:28 PM, said:

Try a what?

It's a funny looking bird in Fantasy (game), looks like a turkey, I think he may be trolling -
back on topic, I can't paint, you make awesome stuff.

This post has been edited by Hank: 10 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Sgt. Hicks is now my new background. God I loved that mother fucker. Greatest Standup Comedian ever. Sorry Pryor fans.

Do you have a bigger picture?

That's very flattering, thank you! Here: http://dl.dropbox.co...585/Hicks01.jpg

I'm very sad I didn't get to discover Bill Hicks while he was still alive. Granted, I wouldn't have understood a word of what he was saying so instead I had to make do with watching Dennis Leary make a fool of himself on television instead. *pukes*
Friend of mine actually went to see Hicks live once while he was touring in London. Lucky bastard.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

As a man truely in love with politics or comedy I would have killed to see him in his prime. But I was six years old.

That painting is perfect for him though. He was a true soldier, but in spirit. After listening to his material I would always feel like fighting the establishment. He knew how to make you want to fight those who were screwing you over, with a passion.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options