Duke4.net Forums: The Artists Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Artists Thread

User is offline   oakman 

Posted Image
Michael Martínez (thats me). 2010-2011. Live model study. Pen and ink/ ink wash.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Oh man, that's great. Would love to see more, Oakman!

Just made this one last night. Finished this morning:
Posted Image

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I never draw anymore. I should have a sketchbook somewhere from some art classes. With pretty good nudes and portraits. Or might've gone to trash.

I got some stuff i did covertly at work, out of total boredom. Very "random" quick drawn cartoony stuff.

Warning, very immature. :dukegoof:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Whoa, that's pretty damn cool. I love the moon in the last picture. Nice detail. :dukegoof:

User is offline   oakman 

Posted Image

This is a piece I made mid-semester for my Theory & Practice class.

This post has been edited by oakman: 25 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

Heh, amusing stuff.

This is something I pooped out earlier this evening. It's a concept sketch for a character for something.
Posted Image

User is offline   Mia Max 

Some of mine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mia Max: 10 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

User is offline   Hank 

^ this stands out! wow. Once more, welcome to the forums Posted Image

View PostHank, on 10 June 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

^ this stands out! wow. Once more, welcome to the forums Posted Image

Thank you!
I am still learning how to draw pictures.
I just started drawing while I was on vacation in the psychiatric ward this year :dukecry:

Just startet an new one

Posted Image

Do you already recognize her?

User is offline   Ronin 

Wow some real talent in here, nice works guys. Here are some of my oil painting on a You Tube video I made with Aphex Twin as an ambient soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/WQKJs25ArXY

Sorry dont know how get the vid to show as a pic.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 17 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

These paintings aren't finished yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mia Max: Your stuff is amazing. Do you have a website or some form of online portfolio I can look at?

Been keeping busy exorcising some demons lately:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSebastian, on 31 July 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

Guy: Wait, did you say "Nice party, let's yiff"? I thought you said, "Slice my midriff."

Sorry, coudn't resist.

User is offline   Ronin 

This is a vector drawing done in Illustrator cs2, no special effects just layered vector shapes, really begining to like this program I just got cs5.
Posted Image

And Arni.
Posted Image
If anyone want to see some my oil paintings.

http://youtu.be/WQKJs25ArXY

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 06 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

User is offline   DN4ever 

I'm a musician, and compose all kinds of weird shit. I range from death metal and progressive to trance, classic and kinda rap/funk sort of. I bet no recording company would ever be interested in my works, or any other anyway, but my passion for all kinds of music keeps me doing this. I don't have my tracks anywhere in the net except something in Tindeck.com, but mostly I keep my music to myself. Too shy and afraid of bad reception :D

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Bad reception and criticism should be exactly what you're looking for as an artist, it's how ya get better.

Here's something I did the other day in MSPaint in about two hours. It's imagery is derived from Black Flag's My War album, and mainly the second song Can't Decide.
Posted Image

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 08 November 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

Bad reception and criticism should be exactly what you're looking for as an artist, it's how ya get better.

Here's something I did the other day in MSPaint in about two hours. It's imagery is derived from Black Flag's My War album, and mainly the second song Can't Decide.
Posted Image

Nice image, love the dark/light contrast, have you ever used oil paints?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I have in art classes I took in highschool. I love painting, but I'm too much of a poor bloke to do it on my own dole. I suck at drawing but I do love painting (of any variety), and I love colours. None of those colours there are default paint colours, I hand selected all of them. My art teacher used to joke on me that 40% of her art and drama budget was spent replacing all the paints I've used to mix colors.

Thank you, though. I'm quite proud of it. I've become rather proficient at making 'cool' stuff in MSpaint, and all of my friends and family are always like "Dude, what the heck?" when I show off stuff like this. I spent a lot of time in computer classes doing stuff in MSpaint, heheheh. Much like many things in my life, this skill is useless!

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 08 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

With bad reception I meant comments like "This is shit". That doesn't help one bit to improve anything, just makes me feel bad. It's totally ok of someone says something like "I don't like this" and gives me examples on how to make it better. It's just very rare these days especially in the wonderful world of internet.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 08 November 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

I have in art classes I took in highschool. I love painting, but I'm too much of a poor bloke to do it on my own dole. I suck at drawing but I do love painting (of any variety), and I love colours. None of those colours there are default paint colours, I hand selected all of them. My art teacher used to joke on me that 40% of her art and drama budget was spent replacing all the paints I've used to mix colors.

Thank you, though. I'm quite proud of it. I've become rather proficient at making 'cool' stuff in MSpaint, and all of my friends and family are always like "Dude, what the heck?" when I show off stuff like this. I spent a lot of time in computer classes doing stuff in MSpaint, heheheh. Much like many things in my life, this skill is useless!

My painting are all about colour I try to only use 3 or 4 colours to max effect, like make them work off each other, this in combination with symbolism makes for some interestion work I find. I wouldnt say its a useless skill, its enjoyable and in a sense makes your life better, people love images thats why they buy them and theres something about a painting that no other medium can match, I think its its immediacy of having an image to study at your own pace as opposed to quicky moving images on a tv or whatever.

I have made money of painting, but I have to put myself out there more, problem is I cant stand the pretentious kind of people who fart around at exhibitions talking shit, that I have to deal with.

MS Paint is great, its what made me want to learn computer art like Illustrator and Photoshop.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Oh yeah, I mean actually being able to paint is a cool skill indeed, and if you're lucky you can do very well by your art, but rather I meant my MSPaint skills are rather useless. I don't think anyone is going to be buying MSPaint prints, hehehehe. And yeah, many of my paintings have been just a canvas of colors, kinda like an expressionist type thing not quite abstract.

http://tindeck.com/users/DN4ever

alright, I'm taking a step forward and sharing something more than just the 1000 times covered grabbag here. Check my tindeck account for anytime you feel nothing can bore or annoy you.

View PostSebastian, on 31 July 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

Mia Max: Your stuff is amazing. Do you have a website or some form of online portfolio I can look at?

Been keeping busy exorcising some demons lately:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Sebastian, I like your work!

I also got some new.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: aaa.jpg
  • Attached Image: bbb.jpg

This post has been edited by Mia Max: 25 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thanks!

It's surreal and wonderful, love it. Coincidentally I just picked up painting again after having a break for a few months. The only thing worth showing that I've made during that time is this:

Posted Image

User is online   Sangman 

Looks nice, reminds me of Limbo. Also holy shit you and the rest of you guys make some amazing stuff. Nice work.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

Here's my newest MSPaint 'painting'. Not quite as happy with this one, but I hadn't done one since the last one. I'm already working on another one which I think I'll be much happier with.
It took 30 minutes longer than the last one (two and a half hours) which is probably why I'm not as happy with it, since it's not nearly as good. This one takes inspiration from Black Flag (AGAIN) from a line in the song Beat My Head Against the Wall, "Swimming in the mainstream is such a lame dream." Which is also the name of the piece.

That's a really cool painting, Sebastian. 'Diamond Eyes' are always cool.

This post has been edited by Wolfe: 01 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

Posted Image
Dublin horizon.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 23 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

Pen tool stylised drawing of my Toyota Glanza V done in Adobe Illustrator, I was going for the 80s style with little detail.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 27 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

This took me ages. Photoshop painting with tablet.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 28 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options