• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Duke Nukem action figure by NECA !

User is offline   K100 

Posted Image

More pics here: http://toyfair2011.f...ery.php?cat=607

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Something about that face doesn't look right.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

April? :P

The gun looks awfully small in his hand!! other than that it looks cool.

I would go ahead and say that it's his nose that doesn't look too good. Because lately everyone's been making duke with a boxer's nose, dunno why. Even the HRP duke is like that. I always imagined him with a perfect straight nose.

This is a better angle for Duke ;)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DavoX: 13 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

User is offline   Sebastian 

The face isn't tall enough (edit: Actually I think it's his mouth that needs to be lower down), but damn. That looks good. I love the fact that the pistol is small in his hands.

Any idea if they'll do any of the monsters too? Would love to see their take on the pigcops and liztroops.

User is offline   Outtagum 

They said they'd like to. They got the license to create figures a little late so they only had time for Duke. Plus, he's coming out in April/May in time for the game.

So if Duke Nukem sells well, we may get at least the Pigcop and Octabrain.

Here's hoping. ;)

Were will Duke be sold?!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Not digging the head sculpt, but it looks pretty good otherwise.

It's not final. They have already changed the size and shape and they will show off the new sculpt "soon".

User is offline   Iggy 

NECA posted on twitter that the head isn't final. Also, I think the pistol looks too small. But otherwise it ain't bad.

Oh, anyone watched this?: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51231/Duke-Nuke...ds-/?quality=hd

Plain awesome I'd say. ;)

This post has been edited by Iggy: 14 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

User is offline   Iggy 

Up for pre-order;
http://www.gameware.at/info/space/Duke+Nuk...figur+Duke+18cm

Release is May 15. Still would like to see better photos of the final product.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I can't read that site... but I am sure it will soon be on US sites too. ;)

I think I will be buying this figure... :P

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 17 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDavoX, on Feb 13 2011, 03:09 PM, said:

The gun looks awfully small in his hand!! other than that it looks cool.

M1911A1's are small pistols, it's about the right size.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is anyone actually going to play with them? I know they're meant to be collected rather than played with but you never know.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Feb 18 2011, 12:14 AM, said:

M1911A1's are small pistols, it's about the right size.

I know, but even the Desert Eagle has been bulked up just to make Duke more badass. The point is that the gun isn't that small in the game, and the figure should follow the ingame size of the weapon.

View PostMicky C, on Feb 18 2011, 05:19 AM, said:

Is anyone actually going to play with them? I know they're meant to be collected rather than played with but you never know.

Oh HELL yeah! I open and play with ALL my action figures. No figures in my house are kept captive to their packages. I will build Duke an awesome diorama to live in... ;)

Like this one I did for Blade II

Posted Image

The picture are low-res because they were reduced for web service many years ago when I had a Web Server at home... didn't want to hurt to modem users.

Here is the album if you want to see closer images...
http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz121/T...2012/?start=all

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMrBlackCat, on Feb 18 2011, 11:12 AM, said:

Oh HELL yeah! I open and play with ALL my action figures. No figures in my house are kept captive to their packages. I will build Duke an awesome diorama to live in... ;)

Like this one I did for Blade II

Posted Image

The picture are low-res because they were reduced for web service many years ago when I had a Web Server at home... didn't want to hurt to modem users.

Here is the album if you want to see closer images...
http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz121/T...2012/?start=all

at first I was like "holy crap what a nerd :P" but then I thought about it, there is some real talent there man! Do you build models for films? like miniature sets to be exploded etc? you should if you don't, you've got a real talent for it

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

That's awesome!

View Postferran275, on Feb 18 2011, 04:32 PM, said:

at first I was like "holy crap what a nerd :P" but then I thought about it, there is some real talent there man! Do you build models for films? like miniature sets to be exploded etc? you should if you don't, you've got a real talent for it

Hehehe... I am not "good enough" to do commercial work. That is a TOUGH market. I would know this as I had a business for almost 4 years building industrial minatures... like machines in scale for salesmen to take to trade shows. It did fail however. (which resulted in my going back to work rather than retiring and running a hobby business, but I tried. ;)

I have notebooks full of plans for many scenes, but am only able to build one or two a year. I built almost everything in the scene, mostly from scratch. Other than some keychain miniatures in the image and the Blade figures weapons, I made everything else. That scene is about 4 feet long also... so they take up quite a bit of room.

I had several Duke Nukem scenes planned and I have a few sets of Duke Nukem figures to put in them, but I have yet to make Duke scenes. One problem with building a Duke Scene is what to base it on. I like the space scenery best... but the organic stuff is pretty interesting also. The only scene I ever completed was the most simple... the rooftop. It was destroyed however. :P Other than that simple (two hour to make) scene, I never could decide... so I am yet to make a Duke Nukem scene. That will change now I think. Re-inspired for sure.

Part of the motivation is the quality of the figure also. I definitely base the complexity/effort of a scene on the quality of the figures. A detailed scene makes a cheap figure look worse... and the Resaurus Duke Figures are pretty poor really.

But this large Duke figure should be good enough to inspire a great scene. I will likely base it on Duke Nukem Forever, but most of the scenes I make are Composite, not duplications. There is no single scene like you see there for Blade II... it just used visual assets from multiple scenes and more of a "capture he spirit" of Blade and Whistlers work shop.

This is an example of a pure composite... (Star Wars Hoth) Just a representative scene and for me is an attractive way to display action figures. :P
Posted Image

Three closer images...
http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz121/T...at/Star%20Wars/

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDavoX, on Feb 18 2011, 10:25 AM, said:

I know, but even the Desert Eagle has been bulked up just to make Duke more badass. The point is that the gun isn't that small in the game, and the figure should follow the ingame size of the weapon.

Not really, the Desert Eagle was about the right size, and I don't even think it's in the game any more. Also, the M1911A1 is about the right size in game and on the figure. It's a tiny, but powerful, weapon.

User is offline   Green 

http://www.destructoid.com/duke-nukem-acti...ht-195127.phtml

omfg...

That is NOT the final sculpt.

They've made changes to the size and shape of the head sculpt.

They'll be showing of the packaging art next week. That may have the final sculpt on it.

User is offline   Maboul59 

View PostHendricks266, on Feb 13 2011, 09:09 PM, said:

Something about that face doesn't look right.

Yeah, Duke looks like he's been lobotomized. :P

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image

Hey guys and gals I'm Douche Nukem come and play with me cause I'm so cool and I show it to everyone, I am trying very hard to be cool. You know I'm cool right?! Kids?! Kiiidsss?!

Happy Duke is happy....and funny too.

To be honest I'd rather have this one as a action figurine.
Posted Image

I just had to do it one more time...
this was fun ^^

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Wow. They actually shipped with that awful face. "So real you'll think it's the real Duke hit with a shrink ray!"

Yeah right...

User is offline   Sebastian 

That does look real awful.

User is offline   Lunick 

Even if it's still awful I want one

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

No accessories, very poor head sculpt... why, NECA, why?! I can only hope that these packaging photos are more prototype shots. ;)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm now in the process of making a new sculpt bust for Duke. I know this is unrelated to DNF but still wanted you guys to know ;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options