Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Ethanol Fever (1.0) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Ethanol Fever (1.0)  "A short nonlinear level."

User is offline   NerdKoopa 

After many months of doing absolutely nothing to this thing, I finally got off my lazy ass and finished it! Sorry that it took so long.

Anyways, about the level:
Ethanol Fever is a short and nonlinear map like Hollywood Holocaust (E1L1). Your goal is to find three keycards scattered around the map to gain access to the nuke button. There are multipe ways to get to each keycard.
The map is quite small in size and it can be easily beaten under a minute, but there's a lot to explore. Granted, it's not very original, but I just wanted to make a fun and solid level with some replay value. Give it a try!
PS: Best played without Polymer or HRP.

Notice: the enemies are missing from these screenshots.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

Nice map really has a good duke feel to it. I beat it in 10 minutes the only thing that slowed me down is i was trying to figure out where to go after i killed all of the monsters in the main area. Seems like i had a bit too much ammo and that made it go really fast.

It could have been slightly larger but it was still fun :P you could have also made a sewer system area to make it last slightly longer. Over all it was a nice fun map to play and would be a kick ass dm map ;)

User is offline   NerdKoopa 

For those who are interested, Mikko_Sandt's review of the map can be found in here.

Come on, that's not needed ^^

This is one of the rare maps that makes it to my hardrive for keeps. Very good gameplay, and great routing. A non-linear feel, but one never gets lost which is important. To give an example of how well this was done, I decided to no-clip and went past the yellow crimescene tape to have a look, and noticed a lot of complete city blocks that are not included as part of the map. The author COULD of easily included all that and put monsters in those areas, but chose not to, which was very wise. The map is non-linear enough as it is, if the author included all the streets that are not on the map, it would of been too much.

Very well done, nice weapons and lots of replay value! The only thing missing was ambience (wind noise) outside.

92/100

This post has been edited by Blue Lightning: 27 December 2011 - 08:57 AM

User is offline   Arwu 

Good map :P a little too short and easy, and one of underwater area seems to be only for show :P
I will play it once more because I cant find all of secrets and this level is for quick play with smile on face :D
I have seen toilet turned away when played with models, but author probably do not want to know about small errors :unsure:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options