Duke4.net Forums: Ign's epic fail attempt at putting DNF down in their preview backfired big time! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ign's epic fail attempt at putting DNF down in their preview backfired big time!

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostRaziel, on Feb 10 2011, 01:29 PM, said:

DNF irrelevant? WTF kind of world does this idiot live in?

He raises a question and offers some arguments, whereas most of his detractors (including you) resort to namecalling.
Who's being unreasonable here?

View PostMr.Deviance, on Feb 10 2011, 05:06 AM, said:

Glad others had that idea too, I'm not the only crazy dude here that thinks that it seems.
Problem is, 3DR might have been against Illuminati, but Gearbox sure isn't!
Their Borderlands game is filled with illuminati shit.

Wait, I'm a full on truth movement guy. Kicking the eye-ball is anti-illuminati? That's a bit far fetched I guess. I hope George and Scott doesn't care about the freemasons or illuminati and new world order! And what's up with GBX? Can you gice a few examples of freemasonary/illuminati shit in Borderlands?! I'm really interested in that stuff! I know that Starcraft 2 has new world order writings on the buildings etc. No wonder Blizzard being owend by Activision and Bobby "devil" Kotick. Yes Take 2 Interactive is also a huge company and there are def. people in the high level of that company that are pro-illuminati. But do you really thing they would order devs like GBX to put in illuminati stuff in their games?!
Or do you think Randy is pro-illuminati?! He is interested in magic and stuff like that, but I don't think he is on the other side! He is a good guy and not a enslaving humanity loving beast!

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 10 2011, 05:37 AM, said:

He raises a question and offers some arguments, whereas most of his detractors (including you) resort to namecalling.
Who's being unreasonable here?

That article looks like the kind of thing I was asked to write back in highschool where you have to come up with a question and then talk about it. The teachers always favored those papers where you ended up proving that your hypotheses was wrong. You learn that after the second paper you do, so you change your style after that, and all of a sudden you go from D's to A's. Unfortunately, that doesn't work in professional journalism. That article was clearly written to... actually, I'm not going to bother. You think I'm being unreasonable, fair enough, I think I'm being fair and that guy's still an idiot.

What I find unreasonable is that Yatta, you and others attempt to portray the IGN article as a one-sided diatribe aimed at completely slaughtering the game, which it isn't.
Fair enough if you disagree with (some of) his findings and the conclusion he may have drawn for himself, but that's hardly something to base a witch trial on.

View PostDanM, on Feb 9 2011, 10:39 PM, said:

which in turn is owned by Activision

Who I hate.

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 10 2011, 06:58 AM, said:

What I find unreasonable is that Yatta, you and others attempt to portray the IGN article as a one-sided diatribe aimed at completely slaughtering the game, which it isn't.
Fair enough if you disagree with (some of) his findings and the conclusion he may have drawn for himself, but that's hardly something to base a witch trial on.

You seem to agree with his preview more than you disagree...
If you like to read and form your opinions based on ignorant bull shit spewed by somebody that sells himself to the highest bidder, then be my guest.
Me, I like to form my own opinions because I've read these so called "PROFESSIONAL" reviews way too many times to still get my opinion influenced by them.
If you just knew how many incompetent bastards make today's highest rated game shows and game reviews, you would be shocked.
Today, you can become a professional game reviewer even if you haven't played a single game in your entire life!
You have to keep in mind that Duke Nukem games are not seen by everybody as masterpieces.
There are enough people, especially the ones over the age of 30, that consider Duke Nukem a vial thing for low lifes.
Maybe he simply hates Duke Nukem and he waited very much to finally have his chance at putting this title down.
Or maybe he was expecting much more than he should have.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 10 2011, 05:58 AM, said:

SO what's up with you playing the devil's advocate in every thread? ;)

User is offline   trackit 

To the writer of this DNF preview: You're an absolute idiot and a plague to the human race. I hope Duke comes to life just to kick your tiny balls back into your mom's loose, dry cunt.

LOL, i agree though with those who say that its really immature to attack/insult someone this way, even if he does not like same games you do ;) its kinda like "You dont like my toy???? :P DIE BITCH MOFO COCK SUCKER!!!!!! :P " lol

This post has been edited by trackit: 10 February 2011 - 08:52 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Posttrackit, on Feb 10 2011, 08:51 AM, said:

LOL, i agree though with those who say that its really immature to attack/insult someone this way, even if he does not like same games you do :D its kinda like "You dont like my toy???? :P DIE BITCH MOFO COCK SUCKER!!!!!! ;) " lol

...says the guy who supports beating up the naysayers who were "conceived by drunk parents"... :P

(as cited in this song: http://www.duke4.net...ad.php?view.18)

:P

Someone's jealous, and it's not Yatta.

Cant wait to play this game.

Remember people just a few months ago a lot of you were bashing the game too!

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSinisterambo, on Feb 10 2011, 09:31 PM, said:

Remember people just a few months ago a lot of you were bashing the game too!

Because that's how people felt. At the end of the day game will come at we'll see.

Anyway, I'm somewhat with X-Vector on this one. Although, I haven't read the preview itself to judge it.

View PostYatta, on Feb 10 2011, 05:12 PM, said:

SO what's up with you playing the devil's advocate in every thread? ;)

Because someone has to.
I prefer to call it the voice of reason, though.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I can see wanting to balance out the public opinion, but the voice of reason? I wouldn't call it that. The IGN reviewer was being just as unfair to the game as Yatta was to him.

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 10 2011, 03:58 PM, said:

If I had an account on IGN I'm sure I'd also leave a not so flattering comment to that guy.

You want to know why ?
Because saying "this game is bad because it isn't like that other game" is not just something rediculous as a phrase but something worse.
Since when anything that copies CoD and Halo is good ? ;)

You know what ? I played Halo on xbox and had good time with it,and it was a good game. But I find everything that tries to imitate it boring and stupid.

I also played a CoD demo once (the one against nazis) and disliked it. "A cheap simplified and thinier version of Wolfenstein" I thought.

These 2 might be good games,but that doesn't mean that in order for a game to be good it has to be like those 2.

It's like "Car moves,human moves,so cars are humans"
This way of thinking is not even childish but even more stupid.

You know what's bad with today's FPSs ?
That all looks and feel very much the same. Copy and paste ideas from one game to the other. FPSs nowdays lack uniqeness and style.Cliches.

And what's is so special with DNF ?
Is it just that Duke name calls ?
Is it that the game have some nudity ?
Nope.
What makes this game stand out of the mass is that it has it's own style and feels different.

I understand that some people might not like the particular different feel of DNF,but the fact that this game has its own unique feel is something that not only we (duke fans) crave,but also something that even players who never played any Duke game before are looking for because they just want to try something different.

So instead of the preview writer to write "this game has a unique style that you may like or not" he says "this game has a unique style and thus it's bad because it's not the same shit we've been eating the last 5-6 years".

Do you now understand why not only Duke fans but also other gamers got furious by that article ?

Variety is a good thing.
And Duke adds to the variation of the FPSs gameplay. That by itself is a pros,not a cons,even if somebody doesn't like DNF's feel.

The preview writer is worthless.

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 10 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Feb 10 2011, 09:12 PM, said:

I can see wanting to balance out the public opinion, but the voice of reason? I wouldn't call it that. The IGN reviewer was being just as unfair to the game as Yatta was to him.

Oh really?

I don't see that reviewer doing anything close to calling DNF an absolutely idiotic game and a plague to the human race or making insulting references to anyone's reproductive organs.
I also don't see Yatta mentioning any positive points of IGN's preview to balance things out a bit.

Alithinos, if you read this preview and some others like it, you'll see that's it's not a question of "how dare this game be different" per se, but more of a sense that it doesn't offer enough to make it really special.
I haven't played the game myself so it's hard to judge if this is actually the case, but I do agree with the notion that just being old school for old school's sake isn't enough, there has to be more to it.
Part of my expectation for DNF was always that it would bring some of the 90's feel back, but that it would also make people go "wow, I've never experienced this in any game before".
That's not something I get from the feedback so far.

User is offline   ScoobyMode 

I agree with the post that IGN said somewhat, and agree with the comments about the post somewhat also.
First off, First Amendment. Now with that being said, he could have said it in A much better way than he did.
As for Duke Nukem Forever being irrelevant, that remains to be seen honestly.... It might and it might not be, looking at the generation of gamers playing..... and the generation of games, i'd say it might not be relevant, but "BUT" to the pc world it is defiantly still relevant, most classic games for pc would still be A hit.
as for Xbox, and things I don't know if Duke will be A hit or relevant, like I said we will have to wait and see.
As for the whole post, I don't think he meant to offend anyone directly or the group of us Duke fans purposely, but he was looking at how much time has passed sine back then. I don't know what to say about him comparing it to COD, OR HALO, those are two different types of games than Duke, but alot of the time people love to compare and contrast two different things, you can apply this to sports especially like comparing Kobe to Jordan, "gaming" Halo to Cod, "drinks" Beer to Liquor, comparing things is natural.
As I have said I do agree with some of the comments, he could have worded the post better, but for bashing on him and insulting him is worse than what he did, when it's A job. So I dont know.
have to wait and see how well Duke sells on Xbox, but of course most sells think will come from the PC.

User is offline   flarty 

shacknews seems to of also given a pretty bleak review, stating that it seems like it will only strike a cord with the old skool gamer, but it was only about 5 years ago this so called new generation of games come about with the iron sights and regenerating health. and i think alot of gamers are feeling the market has become stagnated with these shooters, so DNF may prove to be a refreshing break from such games. I'm looking forward to it since i myself have started to find these game boring , hell i've even started to play css again and vowed never to buy another cod game. oh yeah and best fps last year was singularity, just because it was refreshing to play from modern military games. imo anyway.

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Feb 10 2011, 01:00 PM, said:

Wait, I'm a full on truth movement guy. Kicking the eye-ball is anti-illuminati? That's a bit far fetched I guess. I hope George and Scott doesn't care about the freemasons or illuminati and new world order! And what's up with GBX? Can you gice a few examples of freemasonary/illuminati shit in Borderlands?! I'm really interested in that stuff! I know that Starcraft 2 has new world order writings on the buildings etc. No wonder Blizzard being owend by Activision and Bobby "devil" Kotick. Yes Take 2 Interactive is also a huge company and there are def. people in the high level of that company that are pro-illuminati. But do you really thing they would order devs like GBX to put in illuminati stuff in their games?!
Or do you think Randy is pro-illuminati?! He is interested in magic and stuff like that, but I don't think he is on the other side! He is a good guy and not a enslaving humanity loving beast!

i find this whole thing about the illumanti pretty interesting also, not as interesting as people can think an organisation that founded its roots as aa "discreet" society to discuss many matters between many classes nearly 250 years ago to be even still operating under the name illumanti. But then i think people who cling to this myth cant see the great evil plan to "enslave" humanity is just simply capitalism, keep us consuming shit we don't need to make the guys at the top rich, and if these guys at the top, the richest and most powerful in the world you'd think they would of recruited bill gates and friends by now and put a stop a put to their charity causes by now. Simply the biggest evil in this world was brought about the privatisation of weapon company's such as Lockheed martin where war equals profits and obviously would be in their favour to influence public opinion in to backing a war. Which is what president Eisenhower was warning against in his farewell speech in leaving office. Anyway enough of that shiz.

User is offline   ScoobyMode 

View Postflarty, on Feb 10 2011, 05:18 PM, said:

shacknews seems to of also given a pretty bleak review, stating that it seems like it will only strike a cord with the old skool gamer, but it was only about 5 years ago this so called new generation of games come about with the iron sights and regenerating health. and i think alot of gamers are feeling the market has become stagnated with these shooters, so DNF may prove to be a refreshing break from such games. I'm looking forward to it since i myself have started to find these game boring , hell i've even started to play css again and vowed never to buy another cod game. oh yeah and best fps last year was singularity, just because it was refreshing to play from modern military games. imo anyway.

i find this whole thing about the illumanti pretty interesting also, not as interesting as people can think an organisation that founded its roots as aa "discreet" society to discuss many matters between many classes nearly 250 years ago to be even still operating under the name illumanti. But then i think people who cling to this myth cant see the great evil plan to "enslave" humanity is just simply capitalism, keep us consuming shit we don't need to make the guys at the top rich, and if these guys at the top, the richest and most powerful in the world you'd think they would of recruited bill gates and friends by now and put a stop a put to their charity causes by now. Simply the biggest evil in this world was brought about the privatisation of weapon company's such as Lockheed martin where war equals profits and obviously would be in their favour to influence public opinion in to backing a war. Which is what president Eisenhower was warning against in his farewell speech in leaving office. Anyway enough of that shiz.

Assassins Creed does A good job about exposing secret organizations, or to make people more aware of them at least. nice job of also hiding Subliminal messages.

User is offline   flarty 

View PostScoobyMode, on Feb 10 2011, 10:22 PM, said:

Assassins Creed does A good job about exposing secret organizations, or to make people more aware of them at least. nice job of also hiding Subliminal messages.

yes, but the game is based in a time when there was many a secret society due to prejudice and persecution being wide spread, and im not saying that they don't exist today in one form or another, as much as im sure there's some connection between the myth of the knight templar settling in Switzerland and the Vatican having Swiss guards. But things evolve and surely with every conspiracy you have to cut through the paranoia and research it yourself, there's to many people around who will take a well edited video as fact, instead of doing thee research for themselves. The worst being fans of the zietgiest documentary. This thread is getting hijacked now, maybe we should make an off topic post for this discussion?

P.S forgive the poor grammar, im drunk =D

This post has been edited by flarty: 10 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

Could we discuss this on these forums like in the general thread?! ;)
And on a totally non-freemasonary thing! Yatta does your part 2 go live in 15 hours? :P

User is offline   Hank 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Feb 10 2011, 06:17 PM, said:

And on a totally non-freemasonary thing! Yatta does your part 2 go live in 15 hours? :P

Ditto. I know now that the questions submitted by you will be answered at a different time, if at all, but another round of info would be super, even in 48 hours, or Monday, when I'm supposed to be working. ;)

Cheers

p.s. The Illuminati is watching. :P

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Still working on Part 2 guys. Not sure when it'll be ready but I'm aiming for tonight or tomorrow. ;)

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 10 2011, 02:54 AM, said:

How are we supposed to take any of your thoughts on DNF seriously when you go on a fanboy cursing rant like that?
You're the 'face' of Duke4, not the umptieth anonymous internet dweller, so a bit of restraint and distance would be welcome if you want to maintain credibility.

No, you're wrong.

Raw verbiage will not hurt my credibility, and I've used it in the past against GB and I'll use it now if it's well deserved.

That IGN reviewer is a complete asshat and deserves it. I should just tear him a new asshole and base Part 2 of my preview solely on ripping his preview apart and exploiting all his lies. I build my credibility on honesty, not on being politically correct.

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 10 2011, 05:58 AM, said:

Yes it is. Maybe you can make a valid argument after you play DNF for yourself.

User is offline   MasternX 

View PostYatta, on Feb 10 2011, 04:31 PM, said:

Still working on Part 2 guys. Not sure when it'll be ready but I'm aiming for tonight or tomorrow. ;)

No, you're wrong.

Raw verbiage will not hurt my credibility, and I've used it in the past against GB and I'll use it now if it's well deserved.

That IGN reviewer is a complete asshat and deserves it. I should just tear him a new asshole and base Part 2 of my preview solely on ripping his preview apart and exploiting all his lies. I build my credibility on honesty, not on being politically correct.

Yes it is. Maybe you can make a valid argument after you play DNF for yourself.

BOOM.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

You can't spell Ignorance without Ign.

'Nuff Said.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Feb 11 2011, 01:54 AM, said:

You can't spell Ignorance without Ign.

'Nuff Said.

Owned! ;)

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 10 2011, 03:56 PM, said:

but more of a sense that it doesn't offer enough to make it really special.

No.

The problem seems to be that it's not similar enough to certain "modern shooters". ;)

This post has been edited by Zor: 10 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

All publicity is good publicity.
Right now, Ign is getting lots of negative one.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostYatta, on Feb 11 2011, 02:31 AM, said:

I should just tear him a new asshole and base Part 2 of my preview solely on ripping his preview apart and exploiting all his lies.

Would you really do that?

Mr.Deviance said:

All publicity is good publicity.

Say that to Michael Jackson.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 10 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

View PostLotan, on Feb 10 2011, 10:31 PM, said:

Say that to Michael Jackson.

I can't, the illuminati killed him unfortunately...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLotan, on Feb 10 2011, 10:31 PM, said:

Would you really do that?

Actually I wrote another very long article doing precisely just that shortly after claiming I would tear him a new asshole. However, I felt it was too strong and gave it to TX to confirm. While he agreed with me on the subject, he did feel it's best not to post it in its entirety. I will however post slices of it tomorrow. I've just been so busy.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options