Duke4.net Forums: The Uncharted movie.... - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Uncharted movie....

Will SUCK!!!

First they've cast MARK WAHLBERG as Nate!!! WTF!!!?? NOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

Second there going to include characters NOT from the games, and the going to focus on Drake's FAMILY!! WTF!!!!!!!!! What family!? :D

There going to get big names purely to get some famous names on a poster, and there only going to (according to them yeah right!) "respect" the game cinematic themes, not copy or get heavy insperation from them, which is retarded, considering that game is based on cinematic action adventure movies.

In short Hollywood are going to fuck up the easyist game to translate to film. FUCK YOU Director David O Russel!!!! :D

This post has been edited by blackharted: 07 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

The director already announced that he won't include nate's family, that was just a rumor, secound i'm not against Mark's casting, he's a good actor, while i would prefer David Boreanz, put his name on google images and then see for yourself if he isn't esactly like Drake.
Also, using famous actors is a good thing, that may make the film succesful, when i heared some weeks ago about them focusing on drake's family i became scared, but after i knew it wasn't true i became glad, now i'm having more and more faith on the film.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I haven't played the uncharted games so I'll be watching the film not knowing what to expect, and any straying from the game won't affect me in the slightest.

What does piss me off is your terrible use of the english language blackharted. For goodness sake it's THEY'RE. THEY ARE.

Tell me if any of these make sense: there going to (2x), there only going to, the going to. What's ironic is that you couldn't even spell easiest right. How hard is that? Perhaps the movie producers would have more respect for fans if they were able to use grammar properly.

My english is terrible because i'm from Portugal

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Micky C was referring to "blackharted" not you "original spawn"

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

original spawn, your English is actually quite pleasing to the eyes. With the exception of capitalization and a few spelling mistakes, it is rather good English.

Never played the game, haven't seen anything about the movie. Marky Mark is a quality actor. David Boreanz is kind of busy with Bones as far as acting availability goes. I'm not saying it is not possible to be on a TV show and do a movie, but it really eats into your schedule and you have to film the movie between filming seasons which would be when one would want to spend time with family etc.

But, still, I know nothing about the game or such. Video -> Movie is always a fail but only if you played the game. Max Payne wasn't a bad movie, it was a bad adaptation.

Oh, sorry, but it's good to know that :(
It's true that david boreanz is busy, Mark is maybe a better actor but Boreanz looks more like Drake, well, i still don't mind about Mark.
I didn't see or play Max Payne yet but from what i heared i thought that it was an exact adaptation of the game but ended up being a bad film.

original spawn, on Feb 7 2011, 02:38 PM, said:

The director already announced that he won't include nate's family, that was just a rumor, secound i'm not against Mark's casting, he's a good actor, while i would prefer David Boreanz, put his name on google images and then see for yourself if he isn't esactly like Drake.
Also, using famous actors is a good thing, that may make the film succesful, when i heared some weeks ago about them focusing on drake's family i became scared, but after i knew it wasn't true i became glad, now i'm having more and more faith on the film.

They are clearly using famous actors purely to get big names on the poster, and thus more people will see it, they are NOT getting them for the talent, as a bad Director changing good things that don't need to be changed, for the worst always makes this true. Case in point the "Jonah Hex" movie and "Super Mario Bros." movie every Uwe Boll movie etc., as for your example of the rumors of the family idea being debunked, well I'm afraid Marky Mark re-confirmed it a few weeks later. :(

Mark is by far and away, the absolute worst choice possible, Drake is happy, full of charisma and very expressive. Mark is stotic, flat, and a terrible actor, did you not see Max Payne?

Micky C, on Feb 7 2011, 02:38 PM, said:

What does piss me off is your terrible use of the english language blackharted. For goodness sake it's THEY'RE. THEY ARE.

Get over yourself. You clearly understood what i was saying so it doesn't matter.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

• I have the power!

Mark Wahlberg is a genius. His role in The Departed is brilliant. He does a great Max Payne and has many many great roles.

Max Payne was a decent movie but it didn't follow the game well. Parts were perfect (like the beginning as the end and the general cinematic feel) but the story was kind of butchered a bit. I played through both games immediately after watching the movie (well, it took some time) and I was reminded how little of the mythology stuff that is in the movie is prevalent in the game. I mean, it is there but it isn't made the focal point: the focal point in the games was a man pushed too far and with nothing to lose. The cultic rite stuff was side fair and really the mafia connections should have been more visible in the movie.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

:(

That is all...

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 08 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

there going to (2x), there only going to, the going to

blackharted, on Feb 9 2011, 06:40 AM, said:

Get over yourself. You clearly understood what i was saying so it doesn't matter.

Your write. I focus two much on good grammar. But the words, I feel that the should be spelt write. Their important.

While we're on the topic of Max Payne, would people recommend it as a film for someone who has never played the game and just wants to enjoy an action movie?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 09 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

Micky C, on Feb 9 2011, 01:44 AM, said:

Your write. I focus two much on good grammar. But the words, I feel that the should be spelt write. Their important.

While we're on the topic of Max Payne, would people recommend it as a film for someone who has never played the game and just wants to enjoy an action movie?

Hell no.

Oh and nice attempt to insult me. I didn't work, moving on....

• I have the power!

If you are interested in gothic mythology and drug conspiracies, go for it. It is a fine movie. I don't remember much action per se but it is a decent movie. It has been a while since I've watched it.

Mr.Flibble, on Feb 9 2011, 07:18 AM, said:

If you are interested in gothic mythology and drug conspiracies, go for it. It is a fine movie. I don't remember much action per se but it is a decent movie. It has been a while since I've watched it.

No its not a decent movie in any sense. The only thing that could've been good, was Olga Krulenko (god I hope that's spelt right) but since she didn't get naked, she wasn't.

User is offline   flarty 

blackharted, on Feb 8 2011, 08:10 PM, said:

Mark is by far and away, the absolute worst choice possible, Drake is happy, full of charisma and very expressive. Mark is stotic, flat, and a terrible actor, did you not see Max Payne?

did you not see boogie nights?

also max payne is a popcorn flick, not a serious piece of cinema.

This post has been edited by flarty: 11 February 2011 - 04:45 AM

flarty, on Feb 11 2011, 04:44 AM, said:

did you not see boogie nights?

also max payne is a popcorn flick, not a serious piece of cinema.

Yeah I did and the only good bit was a naked Heather Grayham.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 11 February 2011 - 06:01 AM

Uncharted is overrated.

User is offline   flarty 

blackharted, on Feb 11 2011, 02:01 PM, said:

Yeah I did and the only good bit was a naked Heather Grayham.

what aa mature comment, im really starting to think your mom is going to have to buy your copy of dnf for you.

well its regarded by many as a good film, and mark whalberg is regarded as a good actor by many, so im afraid your in the minority. so as the saying goes eat shit, 10 billion flies cant be wrong.

while uncharted is overrated, its still a really good game and the second deserving a 9/10

flarty, on Feb 11 2011, 09:35 AM, said:

what aa mature comment, im really starting to think your mom is going to have to buy your copy of dnf for you.

well its regarded by many as a good film, and mark whalberg is regarded as a good actor by many, so im afraid your in the minority. so as the saying goes eat shit, 10 billion flies cant be wrong.

while uncharted is overrated, its still a really good game and the second deserving a 9/10

Nice insult attempt. Marky Mark is a shit actor, The Happening is yet another example. Nate Fillion is a far better choice. Ol' Heather was the only good thing about Boogie Nights.

Your views about the games i agree with however. The first was really good but overrated, but the second was almost flawless.

User is offline   flarty 

blackharted, on Feb 11 2011, 07:05 PM, said:

Nice insult attempt. Marky Mark is a shit actor, The Happening is yet another example. Nate Fillion is a far better choice. Ol' Heather was the only good thing about Boogie Nights.

Your views about the games i agree with however. The first was really good but overrated, but the second was almost flawless.

erm where did i try and insult you? also its not a very endearing characteristic to state opinions as fact

Actuallt Max Payne received some extremelly bad reviews.

flarty, on Feb 11 2011, 11:28 AM, said:

erm where did i try and insult you? also its not a very endearing characteristic to state opinions as fact

Where did you try and insult me? are you retarded?

flarty, on Feb 11 2011, 11:28 AM, said:

How 'bout here dumby?

My opinion is fact here as my opinion is shared by millions.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 11 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

• I have the power!

"The world is flat" is an opinion that was shared by millions too....And, while we are there (to play devil's advocate) "God exists" is an opinion held by billions of people...must be true.

User is offline   flarty 

blackharted, on Feb 11 2011, 08:13 PM, said:

Where did you try and insult me? are you retarded?

How 'bout here dumby?

My opinion is fact here as my opinion is shared by millions.

yes that was in my second post "dumby", you said i had previously insulted you?

so is it a fact your a aids infested rent boy if that be the opinion of the majority of the forums?

• I have the power!

That is the opinion of the majority; thus it is the truth.

flarty, on Feb 11 2011, 02:28 PM, said:

so is it a fact your a aids infested rent boy if that be the opinion of the majority of the forums?

;)

Sorry to double post, but I'm still fucking pissed off!! SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!

I'm just pissed off that they make movies about games that i hate...

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Jhect, on Mar 2 2011, 02:53 AM, said:

I'm just pissed off that they make movies about games that i hate...

Why do you care in the first place? Will anyone force you to watch them?

LeoD, on Mar 2 2011, 03:06 AM, said:

Why do you care in the first place? Will anyone force you to watch them?

Well because i would love movies about games that i like :P I'm pretty sure no one would force me o.O

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options