Duke4.net Forums: My Mod - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Mod  "Need help with BETA testing."

User is offline   NerdZilla 

---Mod info---
It's called Ninjas with Guitars. Not for any real reason. I just had a picture that seem to be a good fit for my mod.
It's a simple Mod with a balance to the weapon system with lots of ammo. The only complex stuff is the mapping.
To see all the weapons spell D N S T U F F on the keyboard during game play.
I've put together a lot of stuff from other mod's artwork. It's to save time and I don't have a good 8bit art program. Or your player would be the Mario spite from Mario RPG (I have all the pics of that spite).
I've made sure it's playable in software mode. The maps are made in it. The only thing needed is E-Duke.

---To install---
Make the win zip file a folder. Place that folder in the E-duke folder.
You'll see it in the start up menu. When starting E-duke.

PS: I know all of you know that. But there are newbies that mite need to know.

---Here's what I need help with---
1) I'm trying take out all of the gun FXs. I've made a set of weapons for my mod.
And really, I'm just looking to set all the guns to kill. No freeze blast, No grow FX. Just kill.
I was wondering if there is Game.com with that all ready?
That would save me a lot of time with this mod.

2) For Kings Field and maybe FF1 I need to make maps I can go back and forth from.
EA: Go from E1L1 and back to E1L1? Or from E1L3 to E1L6 then E1L5 if the game calls on it? But you guys get my point.

3) Easy to use online fusion? Or networking? Where and how for E-duke?

PS: There is more but I don't want to over load with stuff.

Attached File  Ninjas_with_Guitars_BETA_TEST_v0.1_.zip (4.88MB)
Number of downloads: 274

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0005.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0007.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0009.jpg

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 07 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

User is offline   CruX 

View PostNerdZilla, on Feb 7 2011, 10:29 AM, said:

---Here's what I need help with---
1) I'm trying take out all of the gun FXs. I've made a set of weapons for my mod.
And really, I'm just looking to set all the guns to kill. No freeze blast, No grow FX. Just kill.
I was wondering if there is Game.com with that all ready?
That would save me a lot of time with this mod.

I wouldn't imagine so. A weapon's effect on an enemy has to do with how the enemy is coded, not really the weapon itself. On the positive side, that's an easy enough thing to script, since all you'd have to do is gut the enemy's checkhit state.

This post has been edited by EmericaSkater: 07 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

Are you trying to make the guns shoot bullets instead of projectiles? You could make the gun shoot a different projectile. The enemy reacts on the weapon that it was shot with.

View PostJhect, on Feb 8 2011, 12:24 AM, said:

Are you trying to make the guns shoot bullets instead of projectiles? You could make the gun shoot a different projectile. The enemy reacts on the weapon that it was shot with.

I know how to change what the gun shoots around. For example, the shotgun isn't shooting SHOTGUN it's GROWSPARK.
I mite make an edit here and there. Like move a gun around. I'm still a noobie to coding a Game.com.
I'm just trying to set all the projectiles to kill.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 10 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostEmericaSkater, on Feb 7 2011, 10:47 AM, said:

I wouldn't imagine so. A weapon's effect on an enemy has to do with how the enemy is coded, not really the weapon itself. On the positive side, that's an easy enough thing to script, since all you'd have to do is gut the enemy's checkhit state.

I know that. I just have a few problems with some of the enemy's. It's not as simple as taking out code for them. But for the most part I'm learning.

Maybe I should post some of the codes I'm working on here? Sense the people on this site know what they are talking about.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostNerdZilla, on Feb 8 2011, 07:29 AM, said:

PS: There is more but I don't want to over load with stuff.

What stuff?
Most of the things you have stated so far are rather easy.
Also is this intended for MP or SP? If MP the audience/followers will be "VERY" limited, as my Red Alert mod seems to suggest, hence why I am adding better SP support.

User is online   zykov eddy 

Just downloaded the beta. Wow, this mod is weird. I like the "nintendo" map.

I agree with The Commander, nobody cares about DN3D multiplayer nowadays.

Tried the multiplayer maps. They were pretty good.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postzykov eddy, on Feb 11 2011, 04:14 AM, said:

nobody cares about DN3D multiplayer nowadays.

Thats because it is overly complicated to setup, a built in MP system in eduke32 would be better, more people would play.

User is offline   Scott_AW 

How easy is Yang to use? I haven't tried that. And if its open source could it be intergrated in Eduke at one point?

I'm going to post an 0.2 update. A few of the guns have been changed.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 11 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

View Postzykov eddy, on Feb 11 2011, 12:14 AM, said:

Just downloaded the beta. Wow, this mod is weird. I like the "nintendo" map.

It was choice between Ninja with Guitars or Bacon Warrior, Pigcops Vacation.
Thank you, I have some other maps to add for the update.

User is offline   Shawneth 

I want to be a consumer, so I'll wait for an official release.

View PostScott_AW, on Feb 11 2011, 04:05 PM, said:

How easy is Yang to use? I haven't tried that. And if its open source could it be intergrated in Eduke at one point?

Its not too hard, but more complicated then it should be. Also most people play with xduke and some people have problems hosting games.

As for integrating it into eduke32, i don't know, it is open source though.

Anyway this is way off topic so ill stop.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 11 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

View PostReaperMan, on Feb 11 2011, 07:58 PM, said:

Its not too hard, but more complicated then it should be. Also most people play with xduke and some people have problems hosting games.

As for integrating it into eduke32, i don't know, it is open source though.

Anyway this is way off topic so ill stop.

My mod will be SP with MP. I just want to network my two notebooks and play with a friend.
And it's not off topic. Because It's good stuff to learn about.
The idea of E-duke being online MP. Is just, awesome! I would really like to see a Co-Op online with that.
I'm sure just about anyone who starts up a game mite invite people via Co-Op Online. I know id play it that way. Then I'm sure you would see a few more people online.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 11 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

Using yang is not that simple. I mean it's easy to set up. But when a person that knows nothing about computers are told to download hundreds of programs, then it gets anoying, and he will just drop it.

View PostJhect, on Feb 12 2011, 06:57 AM, said:

Using yang is not that simple. I mean it's easy to set up. But when a person that knows nothing about computers are told to download hundreds of programs, then it gets anoying, and he will just drop it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 10 2011, 10:01 PM, said:

What stuff?
Most of the things you have stated so far are rather easy.

You seem to know your way around the Con files. I'm just good at mapping. I think I'll take you up on your offer and make a full list. When I post the 0.2 Beta.
I could probably learn a thing or two from you. But mostly I just need the help.

Also I tried your mod. If there ever is a MP. That would be a good one to play.
Did you ever think of using duke bots as team members for your mod? Or something like green colored enemies spites that you buy?
You've done some good work there. I mite have some maps you could use. Because I was trying to do something like that myself at one time.
Making huge maps for mayhem. And my islands (with slopes) are much like C&C.
So sense the parts there made by have mostly been done. They could be really useful with yours mod.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 14 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

User is offline   eGraphics 

Can't believe this is still here. I was a strange person back then... Does anyone on this server still got my Final Fantasy One map?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

what was the actual file name?

FF1.zip I think. It's been so long.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

nope, sorry.
no ff1, fantasy, or any final that match

Understood. Thank you for your time.

User is offline   Mark 

I searched old threads you posted in about that and your other maps but I couldn't find any post where you linked to anything FF

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options