Duke4.net Forums: Morning wood - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Morning wood

User is offline   Raziel 

I just noticed the name of the ranch in DNF... I never bothered reading it, but that is just f* hillarious:
http://www.duke4.net/images/newspost_image...ews_1_21_11.jpg

Now that we're on the topic of morning wood, I might as well post this too (warning, not safe for work): http://www.sexhax.com/peeing.html

Raz.

User is offline   Lunick 

This was discussed, the second picture was a joke.

http://forums.duke4....pic=2661&st=270

This post has been edited by Lunick: 07 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

View PostRaziel, on Feb 7 2011, 04:47 AM, said:

I just noticed the name of the ranch in DNF... I never bothered reading it, but that is just f* hillarious:
http://www.duke4.net...ews_1_21_11.jpg[/url]

Raz.

I never noticed that pun ethier! Also I notice the Duke model in that pic is the old (3DR) one.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Not really. It has the black outlines on his tanktop, new glasses, slimmer Duke, etc.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 07 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

The only difference with the model are the sunglasses. The man meat was photoshopped.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Maybe you should've clicked on the pic first Zor :( That's not the photoshopped pic and we're not talking about that.

View Postblackharted, on Feb 7 2011, 01:26 PM, said:

I never noticed that pun ethier! Also I notice the Duke model in that pic is the old (3DR) one.

That is the gearbox one not the old 3dr one.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostDavoX, on Feb 7 2011, 07:23 PM, said:

Maybe you should've clicked on the pic first Zor :( That's not the photoshopped pic and we're not talking about that.

Looks like others are talking about that... :D

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well lunick also didn't read :(

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostDavoX, on Feb 8 2011, 10:52 AM, said:

Well lunick also didn't read :(

Don't drag me into this. I saw the picture he posted and was also referring to the second picture in the thread I linked to.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I apologize!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

lol the second pic is great stuff. I know some girls I'd like to show that to...

View PostMr.Deviance, on Feb 7 2011, 05:31 PM, said:

That is the gearbox one not the old 3dr one.

No its the 3DR one. I can tell by the hair (which looks like a sprite) and the body, which to me differs for the new Duke model in the trailer.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 09 February 2011 - 04:06 AM

View Postblackharted, on Feb 9 2011, 05:06 AM, said:

No its the 3DR one. I can tell by the hair (which looks like a sprite) and the body, which to me differs for the new Duke model in the trailer.

Wrong. The 3DR one looked like this Posted Image

What you say is 3dr's model is actually an unpolished gearbox model that now is being polished and looks like this!
Posted Image
;)

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 February 2011 - 04:56 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View Postblackharted, on Feb 9 2011, 09:06 AM, said:

It's so obvious which model is from where that the only thing I can think of is that you're just trolling.

View PostDavoX, on Feb 9 2011, 06:06 AM, said:

It's so obvious which model is from where that the only thing I can think of is that you're just trolling.

He usually is trolling and being proud of it too but this time I will have to blame his blindness, ignorance and stupidity for mixing the models.

Also, damn! When I look at that old model made by 3DR, I cant help but noticing how much cooler his face and glasses were.
The one made by 3DR had an authentic Duke look to him even if he was a tad too buff, his face was incredibly DUKE like!
It's not just enough to get his face right, it also matters very much to have his classic facial expressions.
His classic bad ass smile will probably never get reproduced again ;)
At least the new model has much better looking hair that no longer resembles shiny plastic...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 February 2011 - 05:57 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I remember George and 3DR talking about how they wanted to keep the fans happy with Duke's appearance and kept redoing it all the time. Gearbox/2k? Not so much...at least the version in DNF now isn't that spike-haired moron on the cover.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Actually he always had the spiky hair, it's only noticeable when you look at it from below. You can see it in the G4 promo.

http://www.gametrail...03-gt-tv/710345

Sorry to bring you the bad news ;)

At least you won't see Duke when ingame! at least when you're not looking at the mirror :P

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Feb 9 2011, 06:59 AM, said:

I remember George and 3DR talking about how they wanted to keep the fans happy with Duke's appearance and kept redoing it all the time. Gearbox/2k? Not so much...at least the version in DNF now isn't that spike-haired moron on the cover.

Actually that's just what he is I think ;)
They took their pax demo model and added sprite hair to it :P
Posted Image

Yeah , Duke s the only thing i really can't get around still regarding DNF.

After seeing the latest 3DR's Duke rendition i can't really accept the new Duke.

No point in complaining though, they won't change the model again , it ll surely grow on me as i play the game.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Hmmm now that I look at it... the two Dukes on the left are from Ingame. The one on the right is jersey shore Model to use in marketing materials.

THIS CONFIRMS THAT IT'S NOT THE SAME INGAME MODEL, TAKE THAT 2K!!!

Err i don't think they use models for marketing purposes, they just draw the art. Anybody come here and spank me if i m wrong.

And btw , 2k already confirmed that the Duke there s ingame is the duke you can see smoking in the trailer (2011).

I still like old 3DR Duke a lot more.

View PostMr.Deviance, on Feb 9 2011, 05:56 AM, said:

Wrong. The 3DR one looked like this Posted Image

Yes 3DR's model looked like that, I'm talking about the model in the morning wood screenshot, which looks the same.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

You're kidding right? ;) It's got a skinnier Duke and also look at the tanktop, 3DR's version doesn't use it, but GBX has black outlines.

View PostDavoX, on Feb 9 2011, 08:23 AM, said:

You're kidding right? ;) It's got a skinnier Duke and also look at the tanktop, 3DR's version doesn't use it, but GBX has black outlines.

The tanktop looks the same, Duke doesn't look skinnier to me and the hair look the same.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Ok end of discussion then ;)

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

The 3DR PAX Trailer Duke isn't the same as the Morning Wood/Menu Duke. Different Tanktop, different facial structure, hair on Morning Wood/Menu Duke is modeled flat, not alpha-mapped. 3DR PAX Trailer Duke has far less texture detail, making him look like he's in a sequence from a 1990's CG cinematic. In morning wood shot, Duke lacks bullets on chest straps, chest straps themselves are different, and 40mm shell models are different, with different texture.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostDavoX, on Feb 9 2011, 06:53 AM, said:

Hmmm now that I look at it... the two Dukes on the left are from Ingame. The one on the right is jersey shore Model to use in marketing materials.

THIS CONFIRMS THAT IT'S NOT THE SAME INGAME MODEL, TAKE THAT 2K!!!

I'm sorry man but the one on the right looks like it can be an in game model too since it's identical to the model on the left with the exception of added sprite hair...
If the game will be modable, when it comes out the first thing that I want to see is a new duke face.
Maybe some people will even try to remake the Duke3D version onto this one.
We have the Duke 3D cover art in high res and we could always try to model duke from that pic!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

User is offline   Green 

This was the Duke Nukem model 3D Realms was using at the time of its staff release in May 2009.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 09 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostMr. Green, on Feb 9 2011, 05:41 PM, said:

This was the Duke Nukem model 3D Realms was using at the time of its staff release in May 2009.
Posted Image

Which is what we will be using after the game comes out and we get to remodel him using that pic for textures and inspiration ;)
His old school glasses and his older age make him much better looking than what GBX made him now.
Somebody used the name Fratboy Nukem once and that really resembles what I think about when I see his new young virgin face.
He looks so calm and stress free, not a care in the world.
He looks like a buff gamer that want's to look like Duke Nukem.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options