• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Live from the DNF Vegas Event

User is offline   Green 

2K Elizabeth said:

Greetings from Vegas, DNF fans!

We're busy setting up for the event tomorrow, and I wrote up a little blog post (and snapped some photos) to show you what we're doing.

I'll be updating the blog again tomorrow with more pictures and info after the event kicks off.

Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/i1Xkx6

Source: http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?1...DNF-Vegas-Event

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 06 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

This is going to be an awesome week, isn't it?

User is offline   You 

View PostMr. Green, on Feb 6 2011, 08:05 PM, said:

I couldn't wait for this game, wanted to proudly show it on my shelves.

There is not a hope in HELL I'm putting that cover on my shelves. Duke seriously looks like the biggest fucking asswipe douche in the world. If I brought this game home and my Dad seen it, he'd completely make a show of me. Why would ANYONE buy a game with the cover that's shown in eliz's post. It's beyond a joke. I don't even like adverts, but they wouldn't put me off a game. I will buy this game, but I'd rather let my testicles freeze in hell than anyone see that cover on my games wall.

BTW: I've seen the original posts about the cover, I just never dreamed they would actually go through with it. They will easily get my money as I have waited for this game for too long. However, even if the game is Excellent, I would never dream of recommending it to my friends, I'd just get the shit kicked out of me for liking Jersey Shore.

Looks like they show exact the same demo as they did on the Pax :(

http://downloads.2kgames.com/2kgames/uploa...181-cropped.jpg

And XBOX Pad again, meh :D

This post has been edited by DI-MeisterM: 06 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Feb 6 2011, 10:05 PM, said:

Looks like they show exact the same demo as they did on the Pax :(

http://downloads.2kgames.com/2kgames/uploa...181-cropped.jpg

And XBOX Pad again, meh :D

they couldn't be showing the SAME demo again, could they???

also noticed on the blog: but for details on what people are playing here, you won't have to wait long. The embargo for this event lifts Wednesday, February 9th for written previews and Friday, February 11th for video. One thing I know you won't lack this weekend is Duke Nukem Forever.

So does this mena Yatta will have to kepp silent until Wednesday? sad. face. :D

The light is off in the toilet scene. I bet they show an extended PAX demo.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Playable demo for First Access Club members this Friday?

Now THAT is wishful thinking.

I don't see it happening. Actually i think the FAC demo thing will only be a few days before public demo, like if public demo comes out on april 1st then FAC will get the demo 2 or 3 days earlier.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

OK, the cover is not exactly Grade-A Duke, but when paired with inviting journos to "Duke's 'Titty City'" the whole thing becomes nearly as embarrassing as having John Carmack discover "Justin Bieber Rock Band" on your gaming shelf.

Roll on Friday.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 07 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

Unfortunately, "embarrassing" is the term I'd use for most of 2K's/Gearbox' exposure of the game since last September.
It seems like they're trying very hard to come off as edgy, but the result is borderline infantility.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

..., but the result is borderline infantility.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 07 February 2011 - 05:56 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I'm still trying to live down 'Jed Nukem'. Everyone here is saying "He looks just like one of the Jedward twins! GUFFAW-FWAH-FWAH-FWAH!"

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostTea Monster, on Feb 7 2011, 08:30 AM, said:

OK, the cover is not exactly Grade-A Duke, but when paired with inviting journos to "Duke's 'Titty City'" the whole thing becomes nearly as embarrassing as having John Carmack discover "Justin Bieber Rock Band" on your gaming shelf.

Duke Nukem has always had his own Strip Club in DNF, since the 3D Realms days.
For fucks sake people, am I going to have to pull up the entire fucking leaked docs on here?

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 7 2011, 09:09 AM, said:

Unfortunately, "embarrassing" is the term I'd use for most of 2K's/Gearbox' exposure of the game since last September.
It seems like they're trying very hard to come off as edgy, but the result is borderline infantility.

Having a supposedly "infantile" sense of humor is a million times better than having no sense of humor at all. Apparently some pretentious cocksuckers think that having a mature sense of humor means you must be uptight, serious and lacking a fucking soul.

I personally believe that if you have a vibrant personality, taking things like this in stride without being offended, while having a good time and still being able to make both high and low-brow jokes all the same, it means you have a broad and truly matured sense of humor.

BTW, I think "Duke Nukem's Titty City", is all too fitting. It's only meant to be humorous, and I have to say I got a few chuckles out of me. I've seen far worse from other games and media that try to be funny.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 07 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Feb 7 2011, 07:35 AM, said:

Duke Nukem has always had his own Strip Club in DNF, since the 3D Realms days.
For fucks sake people, am I going to have to pull up the entire fucking leaked docs on here?

People know that ... BUT:
Nobody but only a totally uncreative person aged 14 to 15 that never had something to do with Duke Nukem would call it "Titty City".

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 07 February 2011 - 06:41 AM

User is offline   Honza 

View Postkaisersoze, on Feb 7 2011, 12:25 PM, said:

Playable demo for First Access Club members this Friday?

any deeper thought or source on this one? I'd be more than happy to hear that actually happen... :(

• Auramancer

View PostHonza, on Feb 7 2011, 10:58 AM, said:

any deeper thought or source on this one? I'd be more than happy to hear that actually happen... :(

Same here, I'm itching to shrink and stomp some of my friends in DukeMatch if it'll be in the demo.

Don't expect anything like a demo before April guys, otherwise you re setting yourself up for disappointment.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Feb 7 2011, 03:35 PM, said:

Having a supposedly "infantile" sense of humor is a million times better than having no sense of humor at all.

Something in between these two extremes is of course entirely impossible.
It is either one or the other.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 7 2011, 08:18 AM, said:

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

• Auramancer

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 7 2011, 11:18 AM, said:

For crying out loud, I never said that or implied that. Don't shove words where they don't belong, thank you.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

If that is the cover...I'll pass on keeping the box. Good God, he looks like a freaking woman! Duke has tits and a weak face. That sucks.

Also, I can live with an embargo on comments until after this week...busy school week ahead. :(

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 7 2011, 05:09 AM, said:

Yeah, since when has Duke had "mature" humor? And like Striker said, he's had his own strip club in game since 1998 or possibly earlier.

Are you fucking daft? Have you even played Duke3D? Manhattan Project? Time to Kill? It's been boobs and swearing the whole time with no sophistication whatsoever, which is part of why it's so great.

X-Vector said:

Iit's always been immature and "manly."

If you got a problem with it, go bitch to Allen Blum or George Broussard, I'm sure they'd love to hear what someone from Duke4.net has to critique about their life's work.

Once again, OMG Pitchford and 2K LOLZ THEY SUCK. Go to the videos portion of the Duke4 DNF section and watch the 1998 and 2001 trailer AND THEN say "FUK RANDY AND ELIZABETH 2K LOL." This kind of shit has been present and growing for over a decade.

Totally Randy's fault, since he's had so much input in the game as we all know [/sarcasm].

fuegerstef said:

People know that ... BUT:
Nobody but only a totally uncreative person aged 14 to 15 that never had something to do with Duke Nukem would call it "Titty City".

The logo is awesome, and it fits the games theme, and I laughed.

This post has been edited by Descent: 07 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

"immature" and "manly"...talk about oxymoronic.

Still...
Posted Image

I swear, this looks like a chick in a red musclue shirt smoking a cigar.

Hahahaha, I didn't notice Duke's tits until now. Those look rank.

• Auramancer

View PostDescent, on Feb 7 2011, 02:08 PM, said:

Yeah, since when has Duke had "mature" humor? And like Striker said, he's had his own strip club in game since 1998 or possibly earlier.

Earlier. Since Time to Kill and Land of the Babes.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Feb 7 2011, 02:16 PM, said:

Earlier. Since Time to Kill and Land of the Babes.

Ah yes, I forgot about the strip club in Time to Kill. Been almost ten years since I last played that game.

View PostDescent, on Feb 7 2011, 02:16 PM, said:

OMG! I never ethier!! And for once I agree.

They obviously look like pecks and not like boobs, gtfo.
I refuse to allow such an image to be inserted into my brain.
I agree that picture makes Duke look like he's a moron but to claim that he also has woman boobs is actually stretching it!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well yeah. The people who said that he has man boobs probably never looked at themselves in the mirror while doing some dumbell presses.

Yatta playing DNF:

The screen is black and that alone brings a huge smile on his face :(

http://yfrog.com/h8z4lyvj

This post has been edited by DavoX: 07 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostDescent, on Feb 7 2011, 02:16 PM, said:

so I guess Duke is now Futanari :(

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options