Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half life Gameplay evolved from Duke

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/28725...-nukem-gearbox/

User is offline   ferran275 

cool, thanks for posting :(

User is offline   Shawneth 

I was reading that some time ago today. Pretty funny.

User is offline   aftli 

FTA:

If you cross it, you're considered 'adult'. If that happens you won't be sold in stores. Duke will dance all over that line and push it. And maybe the line will move.

Why is it that we can't have "unrated" versions of games sold in stores that want to sell them, and the rest can sell the ESRB rated one? Similar to the way they do DVD releases.

User is offline   ferran275 

View Postaftli, on Feb 4 2011, 02:42 PM, said:

FTA:

Why is it that we can't have "unrated" versions of games sold in stores that want to sell them, and the rest can sell the ESRB rated one? Similar to the way they do DVD releases.

yeah, this makes me mad, grow some damn balls and make an AO game. "Dancing on the line" sounds like a cop-out

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Duke Nukem Forever is what it needs to be without the AO rating. There's no need to cry about not getting an AO or Unrated version.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

make it a AO with third party mods. It is bs though. The M rating should be pushed to 18 and the AO rating done away with.

User is offline   Stewox 

interactivity confirmed as preserved
non linear gameplay* (somehow, in some sense) , hints , unlocks , secret paths , secret places ,

The game is going to win guys :(

This post has been edited by Stewox: 04 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

The games are already AO in europe , and i didn't see them not being sold. There are a lot of 18+ PEGI here , while ESRB ranks them M.

This post has been edited by Stewox: 04 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

User is offline   Hank 

article said:

But the thing is, I don't know why he's (Duke) so iconic and why he stuck around for so long. I mean, he's totally one-dimensional. And he is just an amalgamation of all these extreme action heroes.

I wonder if anyone has that answer. I don't think it is Duke. I think it is the community that refused to let go. There would not be a DNF if the community would have moved on. Right now, it is history in the making, before our very own eyes. Anyways, my two cents.

b.t.w. - No, not brown nosing! (except TX, because I used mapster 0.4 'til my 98SE comp died, two year ago) This is simply unique.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options