Duke4.net Forums: Locating Secret Areas? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Locating Secret Areas?  "Way to look them up in build?"

User is online   Nacho 

Hey guys,
I'm trying to work on a guide, mainly for Shadow Warrior, and I'm unsure where a few secrets are in some of the levels I'm looking at and I'm wondering if there is a way to look them up in build? As in, a way where it will take me to each sector labeled a secret area? Also, a similar question is can I find out where the end level button is in a map? Mainly so I can find the secret level exit if one exists.

Hope someone can give me some help on this it would save me a ton of time. Thanks in advance.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Mapster32 has a fine-grained sprite search capability toggled with Alt-F8 when the mouse is over a sprite and a search for sector hi/lotags which is activated with Alt-F7. Once you've entered the values you wish to search for, press [ and ] to cycle between matches. End nukebuttons have lotag 65535 (for this you need the latest SVN because I found a bug thanks to your question) and secret areas lotags 32767.

Right now, having a corrupt map will override the [ and ] keys to cycle the corrupt places irrespective of what is searched for. I intend to fix that shortly.

User is online   Nacho 

I haven't the faintest idea of how to make Shadow Warrior maps work properly in Mapster32.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'd suggest first simply dropping Mapster32 in your SW(P) folder. I've read that it should be mostly compatible. If it balks at the lack of duke3d.grp, rename/copy sw.grp to duke3d.grp.

User is online   Nacho 

View PostHendricks266, on Feb 3 2011, 03:38 PM, said:

I'd suggest first simply dropping Mapster32 in your SW(P) folder. I've read that it should be mostly compatible. If it balks at the lack of duke3d.grp, rename/copy sw.grp to duke3d.grp.

Worked like a charm... thank god since I enjoy mapster so much more.

User is online   Nacho 

View PostHelixhorned, on Feb 3 2011, 09:50 AM, said:

Mapster32 has a fine-grained sprite search capability toggled with Alt-F8 when the mouse is over a sprite and a search for sector hi/lotags which is activated with Alt-F7. Once you've entered the values you wish to search for, press [ and ] to cycle between matches. End nukebuttons have lotag 65535 (for this you need the latest SVN because I found a bug thanks to your question) and secret areas lotags 32767.

Right now, having a corrupt map will override the [ and ] keys to cycle the corrupt places irrespective of what is searched for. I intend to fix that shortly.

Okay, so, maybe I'm not grasping something here... In Shadow Warrior to end a level a sector must have a lotag of 116. Now, I'm staring at an end level button with a lotag of 116 yet when I search for lotags with a 116 tag it says none can be found. Is this what you meant by the level being possibly corrupt?

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Make sure that the mouse pointer is over a sprite when pressing Alt-F8. This will bring up a menu instead of a simple prompt. Also, you can start Mapster32 like this so you don't need to rename the GRP:

mapster32 -gSW.GRP

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options