Duke4.net Forums: ROR , Sector Projection and Mirror Projection - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ROR , Sector Projection and Mirror Projection  "An interesting glitch just got better."

User is offline   NerdZilla 

Well as I was testing out my form of ROR (The glitch I call Mirror Projection). I wanted to make a new water to boost frame rate. And well doing so I hit "T" on the water tile. Thinking like on a "blank tile" It will only show what is behind it (from the mirror's projection).

But what I found was even better... The ground was showing a whole new area. ROR on top of ROR. It seems the ground may have been looking for the Sector tag to keep it stable. But sense it didn't know where to look it was bringing up other parts of the map.

Id like to know the whole method of ROR (Sector Projection). And see if I could make my map with that clear water FX. I'm hoping the Mirror Projection and the Sector Projection don't clash.

Any help?

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 02 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I remember hitting 't' on a floor once, it made the whole floor kind of lag in rendering its texture. It was really weird, do you have any pics of this sector projection?

User is offline   NerdZilla 

View PostMicky C, on Feb 2 2011, 02:03 AM, said:

I remember hitting 't' on a floor once, it made the whole floor kind of lag in rendering its texture. It was really weird, do you have any pics of this sector projection?

It's not Lag. It's a tinted tile. What your looking at is the black area behind it. Sense duke is an older game. It doesn't cover that area with a back round. So what you see is tracers as the program doesn't know what to show.
This is where I think it's been programed for clear or tinted water. I know I've seen some stuff before on E-Duke.

I have a map called kings field and it has a lake in it. I thought my mirror trick would make the water tinted. But it showed a whole other area it was projecting from.
And that means there mite room for both forms of ROR.

EA: I mite be able to do ROR x 2. One for the roofs and one for the ground.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options