Duke4.net Forums: Support for iPhone/Droid app - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Support for iPhone/Droid app  "http://www.forumrunner.net/"

User is offline   ferran275 

I think you guys should look into forum runner

its an app for iPhone and Droid phones that lets you view forums in a really easy to use mobile format. I'm getting kind of sick of having to open the site on my iPhone browser, very annoying. They say this is free to set up and its only a bit of code you have to plug in.

so uh... will you guys do it? pretty please? :(

User is offline   ReaperMan 

This would be nice to have on duke4.net, i also use my iphone sometimes to view whats going on in the forums.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I did suggest not too long ago that there be some kind of mobile app for this forum, but they said it wasn't practical. Now it just might be :(

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

We use Invision Board, which isn't compatible with Forum Runner.

I suggest using the Lo-Fi version of the website for your phones: http://forums.duke4.net/lofiversion -- you can also find the link at the bottom center of the forums.

We might have native support for iPhones when we do our forum overhaul later this year (before DNF is out).

View PostYatta, on Jan 27 2011, 10:08 PM, said:

We use Invision Board, which isn't compatible with Forum Runner.

I suggest using the Lo-Fi version of the website for your phones: http://forums.duke4.net/lofiversion -- you can also find the link at the bottom center of the forums.

We might have native support for iPhones when we do our forum overhaul later this year (before DNF is out).

:( :D :D

I hope it isn't a 100% overhaul were we have to re-register, like this other forum i know.

• Honored Donor

View PostYatta, on Jan 28 2011, 02:38 PM, said:

Wow that's pretty awesome. I had a look at the forum runner website and although there is a free read-only version, to get full support such as the ability to post and so on you need to pay $2. This might not sound like much but I'm a total cheapskate, and I'm crossing fingers that this upcoming support will be free.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostYatta, on Jan 27 2011, 10:08 PM, said:

:(

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postblackharted, on Jan 28 2011, 01:47 AM, said:

:( :D :D

I hope it isn't a 100% overhaul were we have to re-register, like this other forum i know.

No, all the posts/threads/accounts would be retained.

View PostYatta, on Jan 28 2011, 04:27 PM, said:

No, all the posts/threads/accounts would be retained.

:( YAY!

• Honored Donor

View PostYatta, on 27 January 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

So now that the forum overhaul has happened (I think), will there be support for iPhones?

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

On my Android, the mobile version automatically loads. It hasn't been worked on though, just standard stuff.

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

Go to the Apple App Store and download IPB's app for free: http://itunes.apple....d372597645?mt=8

They claim to be working on an Android app as well, but the mobile site is so similar there's little point.

Um, you guys want me to log into the admin panel and kill that annoying twitter button?

• Honored Donor

I agree. I tried out the iPhone app and it seems identical to the mobile version of the site. Hopefully the app makers can add more features over time, but the mobile site is amazing.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options