Duke4.net Forums: JSJ Re-recording classic Duke3D lines today! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JSJ Re-recording classic Duke3D lines today!

User is offline   ferran275 

From his Twitter: Check this: "Gearbox having me re-record classic Duke lines for the new game today! Finally, 16bit or better "blow it out your ass" and more"

Does this mean that these lines weren't even read yet? sounds like something they would have done a LOONG time ago

also, HE wrote "check this" I didn't :(

This post has been edited by ferran275: 25 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Voice recording is done late in the game. I didn't know it would be done this late though...
Of course, that means that the bulk of the game is actually done and they are adding in audio files to be scripted in. It could also explain why the trailer was so lacking in lines and it could signal that a proper trailer will include more lines.

User is offline   Kathy 

Perhaps some of the lines were used from old Duke3d media files. Maybe he did recording long time ago and they added since more of the classic ones.

View PostLotan, on Jan 25 2011, 11:41 AM, said:

Perhaps some of the lines were used from old Duke3d media files. Maybe he did recording long time ago and they added since more of the classic ones.

That's what I'm thinking. They did it years ago and just want to swap them out for better quality versions, I am surprised though, thought they would be in the mastering stages by now. But I'm a filmmaker, not a game maker so what the fuck do I know :(

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

Yeah, most voice recordings are done extremely late in development, and don't take long, so don't worry about this possibly delaying the May 3rd release.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

User is offline   Martin 

Official Duke 3D remake?

User is offline   Parkar 

• Honored Donor

Just guessing here but I think this could very well be for Duke Reloaded (JSJ is already confirmed to be doing the Duke voice in it). Wouldn't be surprised if they are planing something for the 29th together with Gearbox.

This post has been edited by Parkar: 25 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostParkar, on Jan 25 2011, 06:44 PM, said:

Just guessing here but I think this could very well be for Duke Reloaded (JSJ is already confirmed to be doing the Duke voice in it). Wouldn't be surprised if they are planing something for the 29th together with Gearbox.

Gearbox isn't in charge of development of Duke3D Reloaded, and JSJ referred to Gearbox when he said he was going to re-record the lines.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Who didn't expect to hear the classics in DNF? This is just confirmation. :(

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Gearbox are doing a re-recording of some of the classic lines for Duke Reloaded. That is most probably "The new game"

This post has been edited by fresch: 26 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

User is offline   Martin 

JSJ doing voice work for a fan game? How are they paying him?

User is offline   Kathy 

http://www.destructoid.com/got-300-you-can...em-134223.phtml

User is offline   Martin 

$300? Not bad! People should get him to step in for the priest at weddings to decree the vows to each half. In Duke's voice.

View PostMartin, on Jan 26 2011, 11:51 AM, said:

$300? Not bad! People should get him to step in for the priest at weddings to decree the vows to each half. In Duke's voice.

that would be complete blasphemy.

Duke doesn't approve of MARRIAGE!!!

well, in MY head he doesn't :(

I am looking so forward to ripping these lines from the game and making some music and other stuff with it

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jan 25 2011, 02:24 PM, said:

Yeah, most voice recordings are done extremely late in development, and don't take long, so don't worry about this possibly delaying the May 3rd release.

I could have sworn JSJ said in an interview here on Duke4 that he recorded his lines (in secret) in late 2009 the interview i'm talking about was posted in Oct/Nov.

View Postblackharted, on Jan 27 2011, 07:42 AM, said:

I could have sworn JSJ said in an interview here on Duke4 that he recorded his lines (in secret) in late 2009 the interview i'm talking about was posted in Oct/Nov.

Maybe he's updating some of the "Took so long" jokes as well? Like "After 12 fucking years, it should be" becomes "After 14 fucking years, it should be"?

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Jan 27 2011, 11:05 AM, said:

Maybe he's updating some of the "Took so long" jokes as well? Like "After 12 fucking years, it should be" becomes "After 14 fucking years, it should be"?

Yeah i hadn't thought of that :(

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well fourteen doesn't roll as easily as 12 in that phrase :(

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostDavoX, on Jan 27 2011, 07:20 PM, said:

Well fourteen doesn't roll as easily as 12 in that phrase :(

However it rolls, it will still be correct and proper for Duke himself to know exactly how long it's been. So I think that should be fixed. After all, would Duke lie about something like that? Also, the man who kicks ass shouldn't sound like a dumb-ass!

User is offline   McMaster 

Maybe it's for Multiplayer, having all the classics in there wouldn't harm.

I will be the first to speculate that it's related to Duke Nukem Reloaded :(
I have a sneaky feeling that Duke Nukem Reloaded is going to become either a separate gearbox title or a free extra.
Maybe allow you to play the entire DN3D under the form of Duke Nukem Reloaded inside DNF?
Fresch's post about their big surprise and collaboration with gearbox seems a little suspicious if you ask me.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 27 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Jan 27 2011, 04:05 PM, said:

That won't be changed because the story of DNF is set 12 years after the events of DN3D.

View PostFox Mulder, on Jan 28 2011, 12:28 AM, said:

That won't be changed because the story of DNF is set 12 years after the events of DN3D.

^this^

makes no sense. Even if the story is set 12 years later, Duke is playing a GAME, its clearly a joke on the long dev time, not the games storyline

View Postferran275, on Jan 28 2011, 07:35 AM, said:

^this^

makes no sense. Even if the story is set 12 years later, Duke is playing a GAME, its clearly a joke on the long dev time, not the games storyline

I m going out on a limb on this one so bear with me ok?

Could it be that they are referring to the years AFTER the first "delay"? ( That would be the mid '98 UE tech switch)

It would add up to 2010 but it would make sense as the game *was* supposed to be out after april 2010 had T2 not sued 3DR (at least going by their hard-cut gold date).

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Jan 27 2011, 09:54 PM, said:

I have a sneaky feeling that Duke Nukem Reloaded is going to become either a separate gearbox title or a free extra.
Maybe allow you to play the entire DN3D under the form of Duke Nukem Reloaded inside DNF?
Fresch's post about their big surprise and collaboration with gearbox seems a little suspicious if you ask me.

OK you are now on record! :D
Not sure. I signed off on Reloaded. - Maybe that's why Gearbox is doing it for Reloaded? To assure the copyrights are still with Gearbox and not another WID project? Duke's draw is huge, and the trademark character is valuable, so they may just want to make sure it's done right? Anyways ... we'll talk more in three to four to five to six years. :D

View PostLuther Blissett, on Jan 28 2011, 07:08 AM, said:

I m going out on a limb on this one so bear with me ok?

Could it be that they are referring to the years AFTER the first "delay"? ( That would be the mid '98 UE tech switch)

It would add up to 2010 but it would make sense as the game *was* supposed to be out after april 2010 had T2 not sued 3DR (at least going by their hard-cut gold date).

this makes sense, might change anyway though since Gearbox owns it now and wants it their way, but I can see that as a viable solution to the amount of years Duke says

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Jan 27 2011, 09:54 PM, said:

If that's true, then we're waiting on DNF till May for Reloaded to be finished? Hmmmm..... :D

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jan 28 2011, 06:56 PM, said:

If that's true, then we're waiting on DNF till May for Reloaded to be finished? Hmmmm..... :(

It's just a first release.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSpirrwell, on Jan 28 2011, 07:30 PM, said:

It's just a first release.

A release of what? I don't get it.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options