Duke4.net Forums: Most moddable Game? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Most moddable Game?  "As it says, whats the most modable game around?"

User is offline   Jack 

I'm not sure if I seen anything with as many mods as the Doom series had. Does anyone know a game that is so modable it screams with sites of hundreds of mods made for it? It's been a rather difficult question to answer lately as I don't believe that Doom is really at the top of the list.

Mods to me count as: Level addons and new maps, new stuff like weapons, and items (Replacement or addon), engine overhauls (To me, Eduke32 counts as some kind of modification. Enhanced Game Engines usually tend to host new modifications and all others to develop for say as the original engines could not support them.), gameplay changes, and making a whole name game all-together, and Total Conversions.

So yeah.

User is offline   Stabs 

oblivion, morrowind, fallout, anything on the gamebyro engine :(

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'd say Doom and Duke are among them. Shit's so easy to work on, even one man can complete a project.

User is offline   Jack 

Logical, it seems Gamebyro has a lot to offer, but a good number of mods made for them are buggy from just being complex and then some really good ones come out. As for Doom and Duke 3D.. Your damn right, its pretty simple stuff compared to games like Id Software's Doom 3 Editors.. Which I still wish they'd get some really good mods out like Phobos.

This post has been edited by Jack: 23 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

What about Quake? I heard pretty sweet mods were for that, the more the easier.

User is offline   Scott_AW 

I'd go with Duke3d because there's more tools, a better editor, its easier to handle then Doom and has an extensive script system, more so after Eduke32.

Boom for Doom also has a ton of fancy features, lately they've added voxel support, at least to a branch off version.

Unreal's engine is also very customizable. It all depends on what kind of style you're going for. Do you want models or sprites?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options