Duke4.net Forums: Sorry for creating a new topic, but has anyone else watched the trailer over 30 times? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sorry for creating a new topic, but has anyone else watched the trailer over 30 times?

User is offline   You 

I'm just obsessed. Can't stop watching the fucking thing!

User is offline   Hank 

I can't believe You posted that :( You must have a sense of humor :D :D :D

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I think I watched it about 4 times. Then I did get the high-def one (200meg) and start burning DVD's though. :(
I am giving them to casual gamers so they can play it directly on their wide screen jumbo-tron TV's without even having to look it up.

:D

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 21 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I've probably watched it 20 times already.

User is offline   You 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 21 2011, 07:39 PM, said:

I've probably watched it 20 times already.

It feels like I've been so starved for media, that now that this has come out, I can't stop watching the fucking thing. Regardless of what emo Lotan says, the atmosphere fits Duke extremely well. It just feels so brash, stupid, and 'cool'. It fits Duke perfectly and I absolutely love it.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I've watched it three times so far. I'm very excited too. :(

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostYou, on Jan 21 2011, 07:55 PM, said:

I'm just obsessed. Can't stop watching the fucking thing!

Maybe it is more you just can't BELIEVE you are watching it! I know I can't. :(

User is offline   You 

View PostYatta, on Jan 21 2011, 07:57 PM, said:

I've watched it three times so far. I'm very excited too. :(

Yatta, can I just take a moment to say, thanks very much for these forums and your continued support. Although I don't like the new model, the one in the top left corner is clearly not what we will see in the game anymore. Can we have a vote between a few images and have it changed?(although I'd like the old one to be stored somewhere as a memory of 3DR)

User is offline   Jeager1999 

Posted Image
That was my reaction.

We got a Release Date, a Fucking Trailer. And the 29th is next week and a lot of people think we might get something. And I think Kalki Mod Status was revoked because his name is not purple like the rest of the Mods on GBX......If true then this was the Best Day Ever!

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostJeager1999, on Jan 21 2011, 09:18 PM, said:

Posted Image
That was my reaction.

We got a Release Date, a Fucking Trailer. And the 29th is next week and a lot of people think we might get something. And I think Kalki Mod Status was revoked because his name is not purple like the rest of the Mods on GBX......If true then this was the Best Day Ever!

I seriously hope they release the demo on the 29th. This might be wishful thinking, but Randy said the demo would be different to PAX and that we'd be really surprised. I so hope they actually give us a big chunk of the game (like a shareware) with the ability to save, when the full version ships, import the save and just keep playing :(. That would be awesome!

Unfortunately I think the real reason we got the trailer early was because the news leaked on the forums, so they probably decided to do the release before everyone's heard about it. So in that regard, I'd be surprised if they still do something on the 29th, I suspect we just got our gift early.

This post has been edited by Raziel: 22 January 2011 - 04:57 AM

The trailer currently has gotten over half a million views over a single day. I put my fair share of views into that tally.

Other than the short piece of footage in this thread, I have not watched the trailer at all if you can believe that. It's weird, I just find that I don't really care.

It's 2 and a half minutes, dood. Come on, Duke punches a Battlelord in the jewels!

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Jan 22 2011, 06:37 PM, said:

It's 2 and a half minutes, dood. Come on, Duke punches a Battlelord in the jewels!

Don't try. He's dead inside ^^

View PostJhect, on Jan 22 2011, 10:46 AM, said:

Don't try. He's dead inside ^^

I think people are giving this guy too much attention.
My patience runs out very fast around whining drama queens.

Hey, High Treason if you don't want to watch the trailer, GUESS WHAT! Besides Jhect, nobody else gives a shit about your superiority complex...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 22 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

I was merely replying to the question posed by the original poster, I do not think there is any need for such attitude. It would have been far worse if I had lied about it. I want to care about DNF and the trailer, but I just don't, it's a Gearbox franchise now and it's just another FPS, I'm long past my gaming years and do not have time for it any more, no matter how much I try to care.

Also, I don't bother reading posts from Jhect any more because he seems to dislike me and I do not think he is worth my time at all.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 22 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

Watched it twice, but honestly, don't really see what's so great (other than the duke being back).
The animations seemed kinda lacking (especially when Duke breaks the pig's neck), and I was slightly disturbed by the lack of a good Grabbag 2.0 metal version.

But maybe seeing this trailer after a whole bunch of other trailers on gametrailers wasn' t such a good idea after all.

User is offline   Hank 

@ Mr Deviance thanks for the upload(from another thread). I watched it a couple of times. My time to ridicule the people that waited for a game is over. The game looks good and seems to deliver what the Duke fans wanted now for a very long, long time. :D

@ You, referring to the actually person naming himself/herself You. You made my evening with that post. Yes, I know, you can't wait for the game, but now it's unWID time. Cheers Mate. :(

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostHigh Treason, on Jan 22 2011, 03:09 PM, said:

I was merely replying to the question posed by the original poster, I do not think there is any need for such attitude. It would have been far worse if I had lied about it. I want to care about DNF and the trailer, but I just don't, it's a Gearbox franchise now and it's just another FPS, I'm long past my gaming years and do not have time for it any more, no matter how much I try to care.

Also, I don't bother reading posts from Jhect any more because he seems to dislike me and I do not think he is worth my time at all.

I'm starting to think you are a troll now. I mean, why be here if that's not the case?
You don't have time for games anymore? Spend it better on things you actually care, then.

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 22 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

37 times here. I just love the line where Duke says "What............ did you think I was gone forever?"

@Fox Mulder; Alright, I gave you the benefit of the doubt but it seems it was wrong of me to do that and I see what you are trying to do. If you must I am here because of Duke Nukem 3D and EDuke32, I also like the community for those things, but really, it's none of your business why I am here and wether I post or not, I shall post whatever I wish wherever I wish wether you like it or agree with it or not and before you start throwing the word troll around you might want to think about your own clear violation of the Forum rules.

Now, I have made my point and do not believe it requires further discussion, especailly when some people appear to be incapable of having a mature conversation and start throwing silly accusations around - next time, do your research and try coming up with something constructive.

User is offline   Jeager1999 

:( I really Wish People would stop complaining about the Damn Graphics. It best fits the game. Funny as hell with tons of Blood Thirsty Mayhem in between. DEAL WITH IT!

And Treason. If you don't care anymore about DNF then get the F out. BIAOTCH!

View PostHigh Treason, on Jan 22 2011, 07:58 PM, said:

@Fox Mulder; Alright, I gave you the benefit of the doubt but it seems it was wrong of me to do that and I see what you are trying to do. If you must I am here because of Duke Nukem 3D and EDuke32, I also like the community for those things, but really, it's none of your business why I am here and wether I post or not, I shall post whatever I wish wherever I wish wether you like it or agree with it or not and before you start throwing the word troll around you might want to think about your own clear violation of the Forum rules.

Now, I have made my point and do not believe it requires further discussion, especailly when some people appear to be incapable of having a mature conversation and start throwing silly accusations around - next time, do your research and try coming up with something constructive.

Got it, is not my business. But you cannot post whatever you wish whenever you wish, there are rules as you point out, and I think you don't need to worry about rules, or remind me about that, the mods or Yatta can take care of me and you and act accordingly. As you said you don't have time for DNF anymore and are long past your gaming years, then think twice if you don't "waste the time" of the people that actually cares about DNF and has to read your post only to find "nothing constructive" except your "I don't care about this game but I must let everybody know about this anyway" attitude. I'm not affirming you are a troll, but trolls behave this way, you know. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize, and I'm not "trying to do" anything, but your post may be regarded as whining and annoy users that have interest in the topic; you should see that, as you are mature and intelligent.

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 22 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

View PostFox Mulder, on Jan 22 2011, 03:42 PM, said:

I'm starting to think you are a troll now. I mean, why be here if that's not the case?
You don't have time for games anymore? Spend it better on things you actually care, then.

That's precisely what pissed me off at his posts...
If you don't care about gaming, why post in gaming threads? Especially in a topic that's strictly related to one game that doesn't matter to you anymore.
If you are finding it hard to motivate yourself to play games, try finding that motivation somewhere where you won't annoy others in the process.

I have watched the trailer more than 5 times until now and even though I find the graphics almost decent, there's something that makes me want to rewatch the trailer over and over again.
The Duke character is very strong in this game and it prevails even if IMO the game has very a bland design with mostly flat dull buildings, with overly shiny textures and crappy bump maps, crappy character models and crappy animations.
At this point I am just interested in DNF to be a good sequel to dn3d. As long as it has better graphics than duke 3D I am happy in the graphics department.
It's sad and crazy that after delaying DNF for 14 due to graphics always being dated, when it finally ships, the graphics are still dated.
I think there's some world record to be won somewhere inside this story...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 22 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

Maybe the graphics are not final as I see a mix of old and new assets in the trailer. Besides, it's the reveal trailer; perhaps there will be a better final trailer in late april - may.

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 22 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

I've watched the trailer too many times to count. :(

Does anyone else think that there are 2 graphics styles being used in the game? And it's being done intentionally?

As we know, the game starts out with you(as Duke) playing inside a Duke game fighting the Cycloid emperor in the football stadium.
The graphics here look impressive, shiny, cutting edge. What many gamers would say is "hey, that looks current gen!"

Then when the game is over, you get the pull back and the real game begins. Here we have a more subdued graphics style, one that could have
came from the late 90's early 2000s. Is this a nod to the old school fans? Your Unreal graphics type look?

Either way, it works for me. I'm liking the looks and the game looks fun as hell. :D

User is offline   Hank 

View Postkaisersoze, on Jan 22 2011, 07:31 PM, said:

Does anyone else think that there are 2 graphics styles being used in the game? And it's being done intentionally?

Yes. That's why you should watch it on a big screen. Not sure about intentionally. Scenes that look like the usual Unreal Shit Box, make me think real bad stuff, like don't buy it. Yet, I'll wait for the real gamers to tell me if it's worth it.

This post has been edited by Hank: 22 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

HT, if you really don't care about DNF then why come to the DNF forum? Just stay in the EDuke32 forum if that's how you feel. I don't have a problem with you, I just fail to see the need to come here and post that you don't care to see the trailer or ever play DNF which just makes everybody indignant toward your vocal complacency.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostYou, on Jan 21 2011, 07:15 PM, said:

Yatta, can I just take a moment to say, thanks very much for these forums and your continued support. Although I don't like the new model, the one in the top left corner is clearly not what we will see in the game anymore. Can we have a vote between a few images and have it changed?(although I'd like the old one to be stored somewhere as a memory of 3DR)

Good point! Sure, you can make a thread/poll to take a vote, or you can PM RedSplat. It's a good idea, but please note we'll be rolling out an entire new forum as soon as I have the funds and time to do it (which should be before DNF's release).

The goal is to redo the design and add some features people have been requesting.

Oh and this is a trailer excitement-related thread, so if anyone wants to reply to this please PM me.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostHigh Treason, on Jan 22 2011, 10:09 AM, said:

I'm really sorry for dragging this back up, but after reading your comments I looked at your profile "b-day 6 Oct 1990" (!?)

you make it seem like you're this old old man who was playing games back in the 70's in the arcades. Until now, that's what I thought you were, but dude, you're BARELY drinking age and you're "long past your gaming years?!" is it a maturity thing? like games are only for kids? I don't get it!

Not trying to bash you or anything, but come on, we truly don't understand why you speak with the negativity that you do

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options