Duke4.net Forums: Let's talk DRM. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's talk DRM.

View PostSebastian, on Jan 24 2011, 09:18 AM, said:

You'll have to duck out for spoilers at any rate since it's going to hit the internet days before release anyways. For christ sakes could you stop whining for just one post?

No. And if you take that tone with me again I'm going to report you.

User is offline   Sebastian 

I think you've made your point once. You're not really contributing by repeating yourself over and over, that's what I'm getting at.

View PostSebastian, on Jan 24 2011, 01:28 PM, said:

I think you've made your point once. You're not really contributing by repeating yourself over and over, that's what I'm getting at.

Maybe if the people here were acually smart, and not big headed i wouldn't need to repeat myself.

That doesn't change the fact you outright posted a comment that was very clearly flame bait/an insult attempt. Please do not start being two faced and follow the rules you try to enforce.

View Postblackharted, on Jan 24 2011, 01:40 PM, said:

Maybe if the people here were acually smart, and not big headed i wouldn't need to repeat myself.

Wow. Gee. I bet the people here are going to love you for that. Way to go to get people to like you.

Nobody asked you to repeat yourself. Nobody here cares (let alone 2K or Gearbox) if you're pissed since there's always some people who will never be happy with what they get. Bitching about it isn't going to change anything in the game either. It's just going to piss alot of people off which is why I was asking you (and Christ o' Lord) to stop repeatedly whine about the same thing and just get over it already. Not just for sake and harmony of the community but for yourself as well. You'll be alot happier in life.

View PostSebastian, on Jan 24 2011, 12:49 PM, said:

Wow. Gee. I bet the people here are going to love you for that. Way to go to get people to like you.

Nobody asked you to repeat yourself. Nobody here cares (let alone 2K or Gearbox) if you're pissed since there's always some people who will never be happy with what they get. Bitching about it isn't going to change anything in the game either. It's just going to piss alot of people off which is why I was asking you (and Christ o' Lord) to stop repeatedly whine about the same thing and just get over it already. Not just for sake and harmony of the community but for yourself as well. You'll be alot happier in life.

Once again your proved my point. Thanks Seb I now going to report you ASAP. (Before the end of the week)

You're welcome.

View PostSebastian, on Jan 24 2011, 01:02 PM, said:

You're welcome.

Enjoy being reported.

User is offline   Honza 

And the DRM talk is gone gone...
Why do always these topics go offtopic?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHonza, on Jan 25 2011, 07:34 AM, said:

And the DRM talk is gone gone...
Why do always these topics go offtopic?

Because of CERTAIN members around here.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View Postblackharted, on Jan 24 2011, 06:03 PM, said:

Enjoy being reported.

What is so dangerous about being reported if not even you can get banned? :(

Also how do you report a moderator? Funny stuff :D

User is offline   flarty 

View Postblackharted, on Jan 24 2011, 08:40 PM, said:

people round here not smart? your hardly the fastest milk man in the west.

BACK ON TOPIC

i remember reading and interview with randy a good while a go, and he commented in it how he didn't like gfwl and didnt trust steam as it was ultimately valve who was a competitor in the market. so i doubt if DNF will utilise either. in fact if memory serves right, my friend bought borderlands retail, and several of his friends installed from the disc and was able to play online together.

This post has been edited by flarty: 24 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

View Postblackharted, on Jan 24 2011, 04:03 PM, said:

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how asinine I am. Please excuse me as I make a million posts trying to defend my right to always be right. Also notice my failure to take any criticism at all, or add anything to the topic but my own whining.

Stop posting.

I honestly dunno how the DRM stuff will end up working. though I really hope they just stick with Steam and be done with it. I preordered at a brick and mortar store, since i generally prefer having boxed copies of games, but I can see how all of this could even still create massive issues. I REALLY don't wanna end up having to download a game that I bought and paid for just to get it to work worth a shit.

User is offline   Honza 

View Postflarty, on Jan 24 2011, 10:52 PM, said:

people round here not smart? your hardly the fastest milk man in the west.

BACK ON TOPIC

i remember reading and interview with randy a good while a go, and he commented in it how he didn't like gfwl and didnt trust steam as it was ultimately valve who was a competitor in the market. so i doubt if DNF will utilise either. in fact if memory serves right, my friend bought borderlands retail, and several of his friends installed from the disc and was able to play online together.

that kinda makes sense - it's like with steam version of Unreal Tournament 2004 (and others) untill it uses steamworks (which I doubt for DNF it will) we can choose between installation from DVD and digital download.

As I'm interested in great sales of Duke Nukem Forever, I'd not recommend any copy protection besides CD key which is authorized online and thus has to be unique for online play.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostDestiny, on Jan 24 2011, 11:19 PM, said:

It's going to use Ubisoft/EA DRM...
jk

any source on this thought? or just a random guess?

jkkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

JK means just kidding :(

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

No GFWL. Elizabeth 2k confirmed this(dahanese) on one
of her shack postings.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostHonza, on Jan 24 2011, 02:13 PM, said:

As I'm interested in great sales of Duke Nukem Forever, I'd not recommend any copy protection besides CD key which is authorized online and thus has to be unique for online play.

No online activation please... I don't want anything online. CD-Key and CD-check should be more than enough. Hell, it's not like any of these protections ever stop pirates anyway, most of them are cracked in a day - often before the disc even hits the store.

User is offline   Kathy 

Oh, come on! Online activation is not such a big deal.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 25 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

User is offline   ch108 

View PostLotan, on Jan 25 2011, 01:02 PM, said:

Oh, come on! Online activation is not such a big deal.

It is annoying when they only allow you to install two or three times :(

Personally I hope it'll just be a DVD-Check, any strong DRM just hurts the consumer and not the pirate.

User is offline   aftli 

View Postkaisersoze, on Jan 25 2011, 12:33 AM, said:

No GFWL. Elizabeth 2k confirmed this(dahanese) on one
of her shack postings.

That's great news and was pretty much the point of this thread for me. Happen to have a link to that?

User is offline   Honza 

View PostRaziel, on Jan 25 2011, 10:13 AM, said:

No online activation please... I don't want anything online. CD-Key and CD-check should be more than enough. Hell, it's not like any of these protections ever stop pirates anyway, most of them are cracked in a day - often before the disc even hits the store.

I said CD key authorization not activation.

The way Half Life 1 did it - cd key is verified if uniquely used, if not the first player is disconnected during online play as it's used for second time...

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

DRM: White Shirt Guy
Pirates: Dude sitting next to him
Paying Customer: Dude getting hit in the face

Posted Image

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jan 25 2011, 10:15 AM, said:

DRM: White Shirt Guy
Pirates: Dude sitting next to him
Paying Customer: Dude getting hit in the face

Posted Image

ok, this raises a VERY serious question, WHY DO PEOPLE TAKE OFF THEIR SHIRTS WHEN THEY ARE FIGHTING?!?!?!?

EVERY TIME!!!!

WHY?????

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well if you're muscled it scares your oponent. Also they can't grab your clothes and use it against you.

View PostColon Semicolon, on Jan 24 2011, 03:12 PM, said:

Stop posting.

No.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options