Duke4.net Forums: The Trailer! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Trailer!

Poll: What would you rate the trailer? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Well?

1. Great (36 votes [52.17%])

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

2. Good (21 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. Mediocre (10 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

4. Bad (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

5. Awful (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I think most of the trailer is pretty old; the stadium in the tv screen at the end doesn't show any of the rain or puddle effects seen in the PAX demo.

User is offline   Outtagum 

You are right. In some clips there are old assets being used (old gloves, old EDF trooper model, older version of the rpg model) and some other clips have newer assets (new gloves, the RPG used in the PAX demo).

Gearbox did update the Duke model and the titles.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostJeager1999, on Jan 22 2011, 07:04 PM, said:

Ok, I'll agree with you that the graphics are a bit out of date. But would you want them to Scrap the Game for the Fifty Trillion Gazillion Time?

Of course not, remember, when Duke3D shipped it was competing against Quake, yet, it still did fine. It's more an observation than a complaint.

• Honored Donor

IIRC Duke Nukem 3D was released about 6 months before Quake, or at least a considerable length of time, which allowed it to gain enough momentum before the latter was released. Taking that into account, Duke 3D did have some of the best graphics of its time, no doubt.

User is offline   Sebastian 

A fun little detail I never noticed before.

Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

Because, AFAIR, in the PAX demo it was ABXY. Or not?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

No, it was DUKE at PAX as well. I don't remember the America flag decal on it at PAX, though.

Haha, thanks for pointing that out sebastian xD It's these small details that i love about duke games.

User is offline   Martin 

So how long for a demo? When are we going to see the PS3 version? I'm gonna download the demo on both platforms and compare them.

View PostMartin, on Jan 23 2011, 04:34 PM, said:

So how long for a demo? When are we going to see the PS3 version? I'm gonna download the demo on both platforms and compare them.

Too long.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Also I don't remember the stadium level having credits in the pax demo.

• The Sarien Encounter

It did.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Not according to this video @8:20 :

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0-97N6jNKb4

This post has been edited by DavoX: 24 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I remember seeing credits roll in SOME version. I know I did.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well I did my searching, no you do yours :(

User is offline   You 

Unfortunately I don't have evidence, but the PAX demo definitely had credits.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

So they put the flag on an in-game controller but took
it out of the logo? Somebody will surely whine about
that as well. They better remove it because somebody
will be offended. :/ (sarcasm)

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostYou, on Jan 24 2011, 06:46 PM, said:

Unfortunately I don't have evidence, but the PAX demo definitely had credits.

Not the version I played. That didn't have the rolling credits.

This post has been edited by Raziel: 25 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

User is offline   ferran275 

I still just totally go apeshit banana balls when I see the original :( . Honestly, I was hoping they would stray away from Grabbag a little bit, it should be reserved for in game, or maybe special situations (boss battles etc) it shouldn't just be pinned on every single piece of Duke media that comes out. Personally, for just a trailer, I LOVE their music choice. These fanmade trailers just aren't doing it for me, its the lack of sound fx, lines, etc that just make them seem amatuerish

User is offline   zwieback 

well said ferran275

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

You guys spotted the Fat Commander didn't you?

View PostTea Monster, on Jan 25 2011, 07:52 AM, said:

You guys spotted the Fat Commander didn't you?

I spotted "A" commander, wouldn't necessarily call him fat

-sincerely,
A Fat Guy

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Sorry, I was just quoting the menagerie. The 'Big boned' Commander then. I was going to call him the "Suck-it-Down Monster" but I thought I'd have a lot of pedants screaming at me that he's not called that.

View PostTea Monster, on Jan 25 2011, 10:13 AM, said:

Sorry, I was just quoting the menagerie. The 'Big boned' Commander then. I was going to call him the "Suck-it-Down Monster" but I thought I'd have a lot of pedants screaming at me that he's not called that.

ROFL

ok, I get it now :(

Will the fat commander still be quoting duke? What lines will he be saying? CUTCHY CUTCHY!!

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I just came up with a great idea for a DNF TV ad while watching this video.

http://www.youtube.c...Q&feature=feedf

It wouldn't be like that, though. The DNF ad could show a teenager playing DNF in his room and his mom, which is preferably good-looking, walks in the room and sees Duke on the screen. Let's just say she likes what she sees and starts getting sweaty and carressing herself suggestively. :(

User is offline   Jeager1999 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Jan 22 2011, 09:05 PM, said:

I never said they should scrap anything. And neither did anybody else. We're just saying they're not on par with games of today. Period. It's not a complaint. Just a statement.

Your right. I just think the Graphics Fit the Game. Its like Call of Duty Games have real like Graphics as Halo are more graphically based on the environment in the Game. And Duke is more Comical and Violent so the Graphics fit best with that. Besides you don't really want it to Real.

• Honored Donor

View PostJhect, on Jan 26 2011, 08:15 AM, said:

Will the fat commander still be quoting duke? What lines will he be saying? CUTCHY CUTCHY!!

I've always thought of it as Duke quoting the commanders in order to mock them, which seems more his thing.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 26 2011, 10:44 AM, said:

The DNF ad could show a teenager playing DNF in his room and his mom, which is preferably good-looking, walks in the room and sees Duke on the screen. Let's just say she likes what she sees and starts getting sweaty and carressing herself suggestively. :(

Lol omg that'd be hilarious!

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jan 25 2011, 05:14 PM, said:

It wouldn't be like that, though. The DNF ad could show a teenager playing DNF in his room and his mom, which is preferably good-looking, walks in the room and sees Duke on the screen. Let's just say she likes what she sees and starts getting sweaty and carressing herself suggestively. :(

Like almost every single hairmetal bands music videos back in the 80's? I like it :D

• The Sarien Encounter

I never thought of the Fat Commander as "imitating" Duke before....but it makes sense in a kind of Predator-parody way. Especially with the laughs.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options