Duke4.net Forums: The Trailer! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Trailer!

Poll: What would you rate the trailer? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Well?

1. Great (36 votes [52.17%])

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

2. Good (21 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. Mediocre (10 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

4. Bad (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

5. Awful (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

I think the trailer was good. Not what i expected. But good. I still liked the leaked trailer from 2007 better.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostJhect, on Jan 21 2011, 07:55 PM, said:

I think the trailer was good. Not what i expected. But good. I still liked the leaked trailer from 2007 better.

Hmm, I have to say I agree, but the 2001 trailer still wins :(. I think a demo would have been better, this game's had plenty of trailers already so it's too much of a tease to release yet another one, I think it really needs a demo instead...

This post has been edited by Raziel: 21 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

User is offline   Floodge 

A friend and I re-cut the trailer with a fan made grabbag

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BsczQey9Zl0

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostMicky C, on Jan 21 2011, 09:27 PM, said:

The graphics aren't as good as I'd hoped.

The detail of the textures is OK,so the monsters and strippers animation,so the physics.
What IMO is not that good is that from what I see they overdone it with this "Depth of Field" effect.The first time you will watch the trailer you will think that graphics are not good becuase everything from a specific distance away is extremely blurry.
Personally I hate it when games make everything that isn't at the center of the screen or it's some yards away to look blurry.
Because IT IS unrealistic.
In reality this only happens at cameras because of their hardware,but healthy human eyes don't have that problem.
My eyes are healthy and I can clearly see more detail on things,at further distances.
These games make you feel like you have myopia.
I wish there is an option at the game to turn of this Depth of Field crap.

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 21 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostAlithinos, on Jan 22 2011, 12:43 AM, said:

I wish there is an option at the game to turn of this Depth of Field effect.

Hopefully it's toned down in the final game (and there is also AA). If not, hopefully it will be easy to just make a few tweaks in a setting file.

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostZor, on Jan 22 2011, 07:46 AM, said:

Hopefully it's toned down in the final game (and there is also AA). If not, hopefully it will be easy to just make a few tweaks in a setting file.

This!!
Thank God there are people who mod games!

Btw,if they release an editor,I'm seriously thinking to learn how to use it to make my own mods.
:(

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View Postrandir14, on Jan 21 2011, 02:34 PM, said:

Duke3D's graphics weren't that great when it came out, but it made up for it in other ways. But anyway I think Gearbox's next Duke game will probably be on par graphically with other games.

Those strippers are good enough to beat off too, I'd say the graphics are pretty good.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well I'm uploading my version of the trailer that I just recut to youtube in good quality. My ISP sucks so it's gonna take a while.

In the meantime you can download this crappy quality version and tell me if you think the timing of the music and everything feels right. Thanks

http://www.filefront...30677/test2.wmv

Video might not be available yet, as it's just been uploaded.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDavoX, on Jan 22 2011, 10:38 AM, said:

In the meantime you can download this crappy quality version and tell me if you think the timing of the music and everything feels right. Thanks

Not bad. And you take out the censored pissing part which is really good. Also, at the end Duke's oneliner is a bit quiet compared to overall sound of the recut trailer.

View PostFloodge, on Jan 22 2011, 06:23 AM, said:

A friend and I re-cut the trailer with a fan made grabbag

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BsczQey9Zl0

This one is pretty good, imho best fan made yet.

I just wanted to clarify for anybody wondering about the censoring in the trailer. The trailer is censored due to strict guidelines set forth by the ESRB, such as only being able to display the word Fuck once, and not being able to show bodily functions or nudity. Gearbox doesn't want to censor Duke but they have no choice if they want their game rated and sanctioned by the ESRB.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postmegamustaine, on Jan 22 2011, 05:40 AM, said:

I just wanted to clarify for anybody wondering about the censoring in the trailer. The trailer is censored due to strict guidelines set forth by the ESRB, such as only being able to display the word Fuck once, and not being able to show bodily functions or nudity. Gearbox doesn't want to censor Duke but they have no choice if they want their game rated and sanctioned by the ESRB.

Its like i've seen that before... Oh yeah on Gearbox forums. :(

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postmegamustaine, on Jan 22 2011, 12:40 PM, said:

Gearbox doesn't want to censor Duke but they have no choice if they want their game rated and sanctioned by the ESRB.

Then why didn't they just recut it? There was enough time.

User is offline   yossa 

Censorship in my Duke game!?
Posted Image

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

:( Meat curtains made of pure gold..

User is offline   Lunick 

Um is something censored in the background behind the scene with the Cycloid Emperor?

User is offline   yossa 

View PostLunick, on Jan 22 2011, 01:45 PM, said:

Um is something censored in the background behind the scene with the Cycloid Emperor?

Score beer banner.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Ok here is the Redux trailer I've made based on the official one, I hope you guys like it, tell me what you think...

The official sounds are lower because they were low in the first place... Hard to modify that.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B0sWHrMGNpQ

This post has been edited by DavoX: 22 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

I hope there will be a trailer like the 2001 version, this was awesome but when they release the next trailer it must contain Grabbag

View Postyossa, on Jan 22 2011, 11:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

Nice i just couldn't see what he was supposed to drive on. Pretty cool.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Jan 22 2011, 01:33 AM, said:

So Steve Gibson confirmed a more epic trailer with proper music is going to come at launch or what?

Games nowadays usually have these "launch trailer" before release.

@yossa: Heh, that's sick. More GIF's please!

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View Postyossa, on Jan 22 2011, 07:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ha ha, good eye!

BTW, everybody knows by now that Duke was flicking a condom and not a Quarter for his arcades, right?

User is offline   Jeager1999 

Posted Image
Need I say More?

User is offline   Martin 

Thanks for the upload, Deviance. Great quality. On this occasion, I must say the ones on YouTube make it look a lot more shit than it is. Game has good graphics. There are some elements that do seem like relics of development past. But I don't mind that. I'm familiar with the game's history, and the feeling of a more 'lived-in' game would entertain me greatly. I do fear that Joe Public won't be so kind, though. Importantly to me, it seems to have a great deal of style. Hopefuly DNF hasn't spent it's load and shown us all the best bits in the trailer.

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postblackharted, on Jan 21 2011, 11:44 AM, said:

DNF's graphics ARE on par with games.

Not really, I mean sure, it's got some next-gen effects, but they rub it right in your face to make up for the lack of detail in the levels, so it just ends up making you wish they didn't have that effect at all.

For example, you probably can't see it very well on the trailer, but the depth of field effect on the game is so over the top it's actually quite annoying, believe me, when you play it you'll see what I mean. Then we have the shiny surfaces, there's nothing wrong with making wet surfaces shiny, but again, they should cut down on the effect. It's like they are trying to prove their game has next gen effects. The effects should compliment the game, not be used to try and hide the fact that your levels lack detail, I mean, sure, depth of field can blur things, but gamers aren't stupid, they'll still notice these things anyway.

The enemies look good and that's understandable since it's easy an easy win, you only have to detail them once and it will take effect throughout the game. So of course they'd target the enemies to make that look as good as they can. But the levels really lack the kind of detail I would expect to see in a game today.

Will this stop me from playing the game, of course not, but I have to disagree with you on a the graphics side. Its graphics is pretty much its weak point, and their over-the-top frame-buffer effects aren't going to hide that.

Raz.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm sure you can turn the depth of field off. Like anything else.

And no, DNF's graphics are not on par with games of today. But they do look great.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Jan 22 2011, 05:20 PM, said:

And no, DNF's graphics are not on par with games of today. But they do look great.

I agree... the graphics aren't bad, but they look more 2006 than 2011. Same console generations, but in 2006 there wasn't as much emphasis on detail in game levels.

User is offline   Jeager1999 

View PostRaziel, on Jan 22 2011, 06:01 PM, said:

I agree... the graphics aren't bad, but they look more 2006 than 2011. Same console generations, but in 2006 there wasn't as much emphasis on detail in game levels.

Ok, I'll agree with you that the graphics are a bit out of date. But would you want them to Scrap the Game for the Fifty Trillion Gazillion Time?

Its Done...Finally.

This post has been edited by Jeager1999: 22 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I never said they should scrap anything. And neither did anybody else. We're just saying they're not on par with games of today. Period. It's not a complaint. Just a statement.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

And who really gives a shit that it needs repeating a dozen times anyway?

Everything looks groovy, it looks fun. Lets go. Come on May 3rd. Hoohaahaa...!

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options