Duke4.net Forums: The Trailer! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Trailer!

Poll: What would you rate the trailer? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Well?

1. Great (36 votes [52.17%])

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

2. Good (21 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. Mediocre (10 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

4. Bad (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

5. Awful (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   randir14 

View PostMicky C, on Jan 21 2011, 11:27 AM, said:

The graphics aren't as good as I'd hoped.

Duke3D's graphics weren't that great when it came out, but it made up for it in other ways. But anyway I think Gearbox's next Duke game will probably be on par graphically with other games.

View Postrandir14, on Jan 21 2011, 11:34 AM, said:

Duke3D's graphics weren't that great when it came out, but it made up for it in other ways. But anyway I think Gearbox's next Duke game will probably be on par graphically with other games.

DNF's graphics ARE on par with games.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Who cares about graphics in a Duke game? They look phenomenal enough to do justice to a modern Duke game with Duke humour and game mechanics!

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

User is offline   aftli 

Would you guys believe, I shit you not:

I had a dream last night that the trailer came out and I watched it.

I haven't had a dream about Duke in probably 10 years, and I hadn't even read that something "big" was coming today or anything like that. I had absolutely no idea this was going to happen, and I dreamed about it last night. Weirdest coincidence ever.

Was the trailer in your dream anything like this one?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

My 5 cents about everything:

> We all knew we wouldn't be expecting another Crysis, speaking of graphics. It's not about that anyway, it's about fun... Has there been any decent shooter having humor since Serious Sam 2? I can't remember, and I think it's about time something is done about that! Ah, it's about the fact it's gonna hit us after all, too! :P
> As far as I can see, there will be everything needed for an enjoyable Duke experience - big guns, nice babes and of course the one-liners. What else would you want?
> Speculating about game length... well, nothing can be said about it by watching this trailer yet, but I hope it'll really last longer than for a couple of hours. They had lots of time to come up with ideas, add content etc. Arcade action as seen with the car driving sequence or mounted machine gun action can be fun, but it should also be about exploring well-designed levels.
> Does anyone know if the game will have the Bombshell character playable after all? You couldn't see it in the trailer, maybe because it might be a surprise. As far as I know, there had been plans that you play her for a while, possibly shrunken and driving through a level with a miniature car. That would be awesome...
> I have pre-ordered this since November 1998... bring it on, ffs! :P

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I was feeling like complete shit today... then I saw the trailer... HOLY MOTHERFU*KER did this trailer and the release date make my day. I'm set until the game gets here, even though the demo is going to be coming out soon, at least it's supposed to.

User is offline   Sebastian 

That graphics and scripted sequences looks so-so but everything else in my opinion seem to be quite amazing. I can't wait to mod the crap out of that game.

Also, like NightFright said - here's hoping you will actually get to explore and take different routes like in Duke 3D.
Just a matter of waiting for what the collector's edition(s) will hold now.

Pitty that I had already seen or heard about everything in the trailer already, nothing new to see and wasnt even half as good as 2001 trailer.

User is offline   N64 

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showp...p;postcount=345

User is offline   Stabs 

about time and cool shit

User is offline   Lunick 

I enjoyed the trailer and so did my dad

User is offline   Shawneth 

This trailer is amazing, but they said it was coming in like, the end of January, I am soo pissed a bit now :(

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Nobody said that...

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Fuck this shit. You release a trailer and then on your own goddamn web site you link to the YouTube video censored?! Fuck that! What the hell?
The game looks fun and all but I had to vote it down, you don't make a big deal about a video and then link YouTube and censor it. Seriously? Censor taking a piss? The fuck is that?

Here I was thinking that maybe this trailer would rock but it leaves me wishing I hadn't seen it. It was anticlimactic and I feel like I got short changed.

User is offline   Sebastian 

The censoring I take it was more for comical effect than anything else.
Didn't anyone notice they slammed "WE'RE FUCKING BRINGING IT" with huge text in your face? :(

Trailer rules. Graphics are excellent. Music is proper shit AND filth. This is already my favourite game ever

Listen to the 2007 teaser music and watch the trailer!!! This fits damn good!

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

If you want to watch the trailer in its full glory, rip the direct file and watch it. That's what I did. I'm watching it from my PS3 on my 37'' Sharp HDTV. LOOKS AWESOME!!! :(

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

As always, not everyone is pleased. We all know the saying, but for the rest of us the bottom line is we got the trailer and a release date. That's what pleases us, and we're ecstatic! :(

Put my arcaic pc in the cupboard so can't download the rip only got ps3and iPad. Gonna build a new pc and buy a fuck off tv for this. Gonna do just that now Jobi :(

Nice one! I started the teaser just after he strikes the match. Much better music atmosphere. Duke can use any of my bands tracks for free

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 21 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostLuther Blissett, on Jan 22 2011, 02:25 AM, said:

Loved the trailer ( now i m advancing it frame by frame to get the most out of it ).

HATED the music. I can't stand that Electroshit they "play". Give me grabbag. Or at least pick a song from Megadeth and use it ( ANY song by Megadeth is by default better than Euroshit prodigy ).

Just noticed this in the Shacknews comments section:

Steve Gibson @ Shacknews said:

saving that for launch.

In response to someone saying Grabbag would have been good to use for the trailer. Thought it might be of interest. :(

So Steve Gibson confirmed a more epic trailer with proper music is going to come at launch or what?

User is offline   Malgon 

Yeah, I'm taking it as that's what he meant! :(

User is offline   cj31387 

In the video the nudity is blurred. Wonder if it won't be in game?

This post has been edited by cj31387: 21 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

User is offline   Alithinos 

This trailer made my day! :(
The only things I didn't like was the music,and Duke's animation when talking.
His mouth moved too unrealistic,it had bad lip sync.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I added the 2001 music to the trailer, enjoy http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wJF3KgUQ4cY :(

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postcj31387, on Jan 22 2011, 02:09 AM, said:

In the video the nudity is blurred. Wonder if it won't be in game?

Otherwise someone would come up with an XXX pack soon I suppose...well, I wouldn't wanna have to see his dick, though.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 21 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

View PostMicky C, on Jan 22 2011, 02:20 AM, said:

I added the 2001 music to the trailer, enjoy http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wJF3KgUQ4cY :(

AWEEESOOMMEEE! Almost in sync!

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I hope there will be another trailer of the E3 2001 caliber sometime close to release. Great trailer though. :(

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options