Duke4.net Forums: What is your religion / belief / philosphy etc? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is your religion / belief / philosphy etc?  "Whats urs?"

User is offline   King Kaos 

i believe in Jesus and god

i hate all Governments with a passion.

whatever happened is ment to happen.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Religion is the cause of all wars.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostThe Commander, on 05 June 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

Religion is the cause of all wars.

http://thaunandshad.com/?p=302

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostKing Kaos, on 05 June 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

i believe in Jesus and god

i hate all Governments with a passion.

Then you must really hate your God with a passion, him being the head of a particularly sadistic and oppressive regime.

(Btw, interesting how you chose to capitalize government but not god. A Freudian slip?)

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 06 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Jesus was a normal human being.
Let say Jesus existed.
Believing Jesus existed is the same as Believing that Jimi Hendrix existed, John Kennedy existed, Barrack Obama existed and Jim Jones existed.
And they were all normal human beings with no super powers nor magical abilities.

Like The commander said religion are one of the cause of all wars, destruction etc.
Other cause of wars are destruction, racism, territory, political turmoil, corruption and many more.

Religion should NEVER be taken seriously. Religion should not be with politics, Religion should be at a lower form like Tennis, Hockey, Computer games and other personal hobbies.
My personal belief I keep it at low level like sports, games and music.
I don't take it seriously. I don't alter my life by it. I live until I die.

Taking it seriously is just as bad as talking Alice in Wonderland seriously, Captain Nemo seriously, Simpsons seriously and other fairytale / stories seriously.

Also bible is a normal book like other books.
Written by normal human beings just like other books.
Is based on the writer's opinion not god.
If people worship it, they worship someone else opinion.
When is taken seriously it causes emotional outburst and can be dangerous.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 06 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

i believe that life is an unique opportunity and gift that should not be wasted. i believe in afterlife/rebirth - somehow i have to. it's my moral safety belt if you want to put it that way.
i believe in a cosmic life force. a thing that creates life - where ever possible. that's god in my eyes.

the rest is exactly like mr. deviance's story.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Cosmic lifeforce?
Extraterrestrials?
Or
Higher form you can only see if we go in the 4th - 5th dimension?.
11 dimension is the highest according to some scientists.
http://en.wikipedia....i/String_theory
http://en.wikipedia..../11th_dimension

One such theory is the 11-dimensional M-theory, which requires spacetime to have eleven dimensions, as opposed to the usual three spatial dimensions and the fourth dimension of time. The original string theories from the 1980s describe special cases of M-theory where the eleventh dimension is a very small circle or a line, and if these formulations are considered as fundamental, then string theory requires ten dimensions. But the theory also describes universes like ours, with four observable spacetime dimensions, as well as universes with up to 10 flat space dimensions, and also cases where the position in some of the dimensions is not described by a real number, but by a completely different type of mathematical quantity. So the notion of spacetime dimension is not fixed in string theory: it is best thought of as different in different circumstances.

In some people theories
Maybe something higher than us can watch us taking shower who know.
We can't see it because we are "lower lifeform / sublife to them"

LHC possible can open a gateway to a higher dimension. Who knows.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 06 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Do note that the String theory is heavily theoretical. I wouldn't regard those theories as anything other than curiosities.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Nobodies into Eastern religions?

User is offline   Nudek 

I guess one could say I'm agnostic, as I believe that there could be some kind of higher power, and his name is Duke Nukem.

I'd also like to believe that we're here for a reason, mine just happens to be playing Duke.

This post has been edited by Nudek: 08 June 2011 - 02:43 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options