Duke4.net Forums: Did you pre-order DNF? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Did you pre-order DNF?  "I'm considering a pre-order.."

Poll: Pre-order poll (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you Pre-order DNF?

1. Yes! (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

2. No! (10 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

3. Not yet! (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

4. I'll get it when it comes out! (10 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   oakman 

Hi everybody! So I'm really considering pre-ordering DNF, and I wanted to know if there's anything at all special about the pre-ordered game? Any goodies?
How many of you all have pre-ordered the game? :rolleyes:

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Pre-ordered it when Gamestop offered the free overnight shipping on it. Sometimes you do get pre-order bonuses(I guess the free overnight shipping was the deal with mine).

User is offline   Honza 

As I'm from Europe I'l wait for Steam preorder option. (Considering that demo is good enough.)

View PostHonza, on Dec 27 2010, 04:53 AM, said:

As I'm from Europe I'l wait for Steam preorder option. (Considering that demo is good enough.)

Naah, if this game comes out, It will be one of the few games that I want in a box.
That's the only way I will fully realize it's finally in my hands!
I want a box with DNF on it in my shelf, to keep there and look at 50 years from now!

No, I order only a game when I tried it before. With DNF it won't be any different.

User is offline   LkMax 

Of course not!! Pre-order DNF? Are you crazy? :rolleyes: I'll buy it only "when it's done".

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 27 2010, 10:20 AM, said:

Naah, if this game comes out, It will be one of the few games that I want in a box.
That's the only way I will fully realize it's finally in my hands!
I want a box with DNF on it in my shelf, to keep there and look at 50 years from now!

I couldn't agree more. I like to wait for big discounts on Steam to get some games there, but other games I prefer to have in box, and DNF is one of them for sure.

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Dec 27 2010, 05:48 AM, said:

No, I order only a game when I tried it before. With DNF it won't be any different.

Quite funny to read a line from somebody that has a Daikatana fansite in his signature.
Double standards much?

Because you don't tell me you actually tried Daikatana demo and enjoyed it:P

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Daikatana isn't that bad.

I don't generally pre-order things because I don't like spending money on something I may not get for a while. I'm not pre-ordering DNF because I want to know that they finish it and release it before I drop any coin on it.

Now, the curious thing is: are any of those pre-orders from the last 2 decades still valid and will they be satisfied?

View PostLuther Blissett, on Dec 27 2010, 05:02 PM, said:

Quite funny to read a line from somebody that has a Daikatana fansite in his signature.
Double standards much?

Because you don't tell me you actually tried Daikatana demo and enjoyed it:P

I participated very well the Daikatana Deathmatch Demo on Mplayer, several months before the Single/Multiplayer Demo and the final version arrived.

And yes, for me it's still the most competitive multiplayer game which is out. That was the main reason I bought the final version aswell.

View PostMr.Flibble, on Dec 27 2010, 09:08 AM, said:

Daikatana isn't that bad.

I don't generally pre-order things because I don't like spending money on something I may not get for a while. I'm not pre-ordering DNF because I want to know that they finish it and release it before I drop any coin on it.

Now, the curious thing is: are any of those pre-orders from the last 2 decades still valid and will they be satisfied?

Wow , time really heals every wound i guess!

Never thought i would hear that phrase! Whatever floats your boat. Sorry for the OT

EDIT: Well meister you sure are quite peculiar, i think probably you won't like DNF:p as it looks like a quality game you know.

This post has been edited by Luther Blissett: 27 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

View PostLuther Blissett, on Dec 27 2010, 06:41 PM, said:

EDIT: Well meister you sure are quite peculiar, i think probably you won't like DNF:p as it looks like a quality game you know.

Hehe if DNF ever comes out I'll see. At least Daikatana has more than two weapons at once :rolleyes:

I have not pre-ordered it and have no intention of buying the game unless I play the demo and like it.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

^ This

User is offline   T-What 

I never preorder anything until it has a release date... Or until they show the f'in trailer they refuse to show.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Dec 28 2010, 04:18 AM, said:

Hehe if DNF ever comes out I'll see. At least Daikatana has more than two weapons at once :rolleyes:

Oh snap the entire duke fanbase just got owned!

View PostT-What, on Dec 28 2010, 02:11 PM, said:

I never preorder anything until it has a release date... Or until they show the f'in trailer they refuse to show.

They won't show the trailer. That specific trailer was made by 3DR when all the game content was 3DR, yet Gearbox has clearly been replacing/updating the artwork, and the last thing Gearbox wants is to show people how far they've deviated from 3DR's vision.

I was so tempted to preorder when they offered free shipping, but I almost never spend money online so I'll hold off until it hits stores.

User is offline   Jeff 

Haven't yet. I figure since this is such a special game that I might wait for the Collector's Edition if they are releasing one.

User is offline   ferran275 

I'm waiting for announcement on a special edition, but come on people, do you really want to sit and WAIT for it to show up via UPS or FedEx or whatever when you can go to the store and stand and wait at midnight with all the other hardcore fans? I'm planning on having a HUGE release party at my house the day before, just a big ass PARTY, taking the week off of work, then the next night, we're all gonna go stand outside GameStop together at midnight, singing kumbaya's and beating up the homeless until GameStop let's us in! IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!!!

a DNF release only happens once every few million years, why sit in your undies staring out the window waiting ALONE when you can have some fun with it is all I'm saying.

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postferran275, on Jan 8 2011, 09:47 PM, said:

I'm waiting for announcement on a special edition, but come on people, do you really want to sit and WAIT for it to show up via UPS or FedEx or whatever when you can go to the store

Or just unlock predownload via Steam store.

View PostLotan, on Jan 8 2011, 12:09 PM, said:

Or just unlock predownload via Steam store.

didn't Randy mention that he didn't want the game streaming on services like Steam? not sure but I have a recollection of that being said somewhere.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

If they are going to offer the game in a Big Box, that is what I will get... A big box would fit in great with my PC game collection. :P

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 08 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Yes ! and only if I can have the box version (and not the dvd package) I prefer the good old style box

User is offline   Honza 

View Postferran275, on Jan 8 2011, 10:25 PM, said:

didn't Randy mention that he didn't want the game streaming on services like Steam? not sure but I have a recollection of that being said somewhere.

I've that feeling too as you said it... However it would be quite a bad idea though.. I'm sick and tired of installs from DVD.

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postferran275, on Jan 9 2011, 12:25 AM, said:

Not really. He said he didn't like steam or GFW exclusive multiplayer. But Steam doesn't enforce that so I don't see a problem here.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 09 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

User is offline   Sharpie 

Waiting for some sort of uber mega ultimate edition to be announced. Then I will pre-order that edition. :P

This is the only game I will ever wait for at a midnight launch.

View PostSharpie, on Jan 9 2011, 03:37 AM, said:

Waiting for some sort of uber mega ultimate edition to be announced. Then I will pre-order that edition. :P

This is the only game I will ever wait for at a midnight launch.

^this

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Nah, no pre-order.. I'm recieving a copy signed by George Broussard. He's the badass mastermind of this game.. No other signature will do.

View PostSplat, on Jan 11 2011, 11:55 AM, said:

Nah, no pre-order.. I'm recieving a copy signed by George Broussard. He's the badass mastermind of this game.. No other signature will do.

how the hell do you go about getting something like that???

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options