Duke4.net Forums: Quad Core Or Xfx 8800 Ultra? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quad Core Or Xfx 8800 Ultra?  "New 8800 ultra vrs Quad core"

holy SHIT Batman!

The new graphics card is out Check it!

So now after spending a week of doing all the house work the wife is going to let me spend even more bucks on the rig that I have been planning for 2 months now.

I have 2 choices, Quad core or xfx 8800 Ultra. What would be better. The rig will be fully cooled so whatever choice the temp of the case will allow top performance.
What would you get?

I cant stop thinking about the ultra and been on the idea that a intel core 2 e6700 and the 8800 ultra would do just fine. But then that quad is there whinning like a puppy at me. B) B) :)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I'd go for the Ultra. If you want some more FPS, and want it now.
I'm waiting to see what ATI brings to the table.
I prefer Nvidia but ATI might surprise with their new GPU's.
Isn't there gonna be a Intel price drop soon? I've read something about it. Maybe the prices already dropped, dunno.

Yeah the Ultra would be a solid buy. The price is in orbit and will drop whem ATI launch their new card. I hope the prices come down by july, they should. It is going to be interesting to see what ATI come up with. The Ultra is a fully tweaked out GTX and is no doubt the last 8800 card for this year. next year they will prolly bring the 8900s out. Which reminds me of the probs that the GTX had at first. Remember they recalled a handfull of them to fix something. This allways happens. So far the xfx 8800 ultra is the king and I have begun to replan my rig around it. :)

View PostDragonflyWolfTen, on May 18 2007, 05:50 PM, said:

holy SHIT Batman!

The new graphics card is out Check it!

So now after spending a week of doing all the house work the wife is going to let me spend even more bucks on the rig that I have been planning for 2 months now.

I have 2 choices, Quad core or xfx 8800 Ultra. What would be better. The rig will be fully cooled so whatever choice the temp of the case will allow top performance.
What would you get?

I cant stop thinking about the ultra and been on the idea that a intel core 2 e6700 and the 8800 ultra would do just fine. But then that quad is there whinning like a puppy at me. B) B) :)

You can easily overclock a GTX to Ultra speeds, it was reviewed I think on anandtech that this Ultra is a complete rip off and offers nothing for the extra asking price.

Also I wouldnt get a quad core just yet, AMD is soon to release something a lot better ;-)

User is offline   Nihilanth 

I wouldn't get quad-core, because you'd spend a lot of cash on something that no game supports yet.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options