Duke4.net Forums: Is it worth getting kinect? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is it worth getting kinect?  "I want your opinions"

I'm thinking of buying it but since Ii already own the Wii, I not sure its worth the money. Is it? Isn't it? I want honest opinions here as I have to buy before Xmas.

Oh comparisons between the Playstation Move and Kinect are very welcome.

View Postblackharted, on Dec 8 2010, 08:05 AM, said:

I'm thinking of buying it but since Ii already own the Wii, I not sure its worth the money. Is it? Isn't it? I want honest opinions here as I have to buy before Xmas.

Oh comparisons between the Playstation Move and Kinect are very welcome.

It's worth it! Especially for you, I think the best suited game for you is Kinectimals.
Buy it, it's totally worth your money!

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 8 2010, 11:24 AM, said:

It's worth it! Especially for you, I think the best suited game for you is Kinectimals.
Buy it, it's totally worth your money!

Hidden in those badly sarcastic sentences, is some good advice. And a bad attempt to insult me but hey you tried.
If its worth the money I want to know the good points about it.

View Postblackharted, on Dec 8 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

Hidden in those badly sarcastic sentences, is some good advice. And a bad attempt to insult me but hey you tried.
If its worth the money I want to know the good points about it.

One good point that I can think of, is that it keeps people away from forums more hours a day and it actually physically tires them which in turn might shrink their appetite for trolling.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 08 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

User is offline   Hank 

to first post - You tell me. It plays better than Wii, especially if you are like me and have no button, twist arm and pretend to swing a golf club co-ordination. But there is no game from Xbox I'll play it with. If there is a game for you, get it; if not, it's very advanced gadget being obsolete in 6 month.

My opinion, I don't own it, nor Wii. To old. I still play golf outdoors. This won't change until someone pays me to stand in front of a TV making moronic moves. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Sebastian 

I bought Kinect for myself and Yourshape: Fitness Evolved. Great stuff, but there's not exactly any "games-games" on the market yet if you get my drift. Mostly just minigames and fitness titles.

Don't get me wrong, I've had superfun with it but I'd hold off a bit just to see what's coming out for it down the road.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I haven't heard much good about Kinect. Mostly it's just been complaints that it can't do things like tell which way your wrist is twisted in tennis style games, since there's no controller there's no buttons to perform different actions in games, etc.

right now i dont think those wii impressed playing styles are so fun. i hate the wii, and i will probably hate this too if i played it.
but! it is a good thing that there are still many people buying these things. it makes the companies extend it.
so hopefully we will be able to see the ultimate level of fitness gaming xD

User is offline   Hank 

View PostJhect, on Dec 8 2010, 09:07 PM, said:

so hopefully we will be able to see the ultimate level of fitness gaming xD

http://www.helium.com/items/358856-swimmin...timate-exercise

... now how to get this into an imaginary game model ... this will keep me up all night :rolleyes:

ventilation

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 8 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

One good point that I can think of, is that it keeps people away from forums more hours a day and it actually physically tires them which in turn might shrink their appetite for trolling.

Never will I lose the appetite for trolling. But I acually want this thread on topic for once. TX your post makes me feel uneasy. Hank I can't tell you as I haven't brought it yet.

Sebastian I'm glad you have enjoyed it, that's has relaxed me a little bit.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 09 December 2010 - 02:15 AM

i still have a hard time seeing how you should play dragon ball on it...

or final fantasy games >.< kingdom hearts.

ME GONNA MAKE DODGE ROLL NOW

This post has been edited by Jhect: 09 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

View Postblackharted, on Dec 9 2010, 02:14 AM, said:

Never will I lose the appetite for trolling.

And why do you feel the need to tell us that? Does it look like anybody cares to know statistics regarding your various appetites?

View Postblackharted, on Dec 9 2010, 02:14 AM, said:

But I acually want this thread on topic for once.

Looks like you've derailed the thread by yourself by starting to describe your insatiable appetite for trolling.
I didn't really care to know that but now that I do, I don't really know where to wipe myself with this valuable information.
I think I will go think this one over while I'm relaxing my muscles on the throne.

Aww and please excuse me for describing my appetite for taking a shit, even though nobody asked me about it.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 December 2010 - 01:41 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 10 2010, 01:36 AM, said:

Looks like you've derailed the thread by yourself by starting to describe your insatiable appetite for trolling.

No you derailed the thread which I then got back on topic. Now thats over with back to kinect.

View Postblackharted, on Dec 10 2010, 01:40 AM, said:

No you derailed the thread which I then got back on topic. Now thats over with back to kinect.

I did not derail anything. If you claim that I did, then I demand that you present proof.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 December 2010 - 01:43 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 10 2010, 01:42 AM, said:

I did not derail anything. If you claim that I did, then I demand that you present proof.

How about post 4?

Now PLEASE back to topic everyone.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 10 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

View Postblackharted, on Dec 10 2010, 01:53 AM, said:

How about post 4?

What's wrong with post 4? You asked for good points about kinect so I posted what I thought was a good point for getting kinect.
If you don't like the good point that I have presented, feel free to be in a negative mood and slightly annoyed.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 10 2010, 02:57 AM, said:

What's wrong with post 4? You asked for good points about kinect so I posted what I thought was a good point for getting kinect.

That post was a poor attempt to insult me, and thus started to derail the topic with your poor trolling. Now enough of this I refuse to discuss this as I can see this turing into a major flame war, which normally I wouldn't mind but this is important to me.

View Postblackharted, on Dec 10 2010, 03:01 AM, said:

That post was a poor attempt to insult me, and thus started to derail the topic with your poor trolling. Now enough of this I refuse to discuss this as I can see this turing into a major flame war, which normally I wouldn't mind but this is important to me.

You can also file a petition against my points if you want. If you're nice I might even sign it for you!
No need to start major flame wars, maybe just settle for the friendly petition ?
Also if my trolling is poor, then it's not really bothering you, so what's the harm in that?
Besides, I could never troll you because you troll others and that means that it's impossible for somebody else to troll you.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 10 2010, 03:03 AM, said:

You can also file a petition against my points if you want. If you're nice I might even sign it for you!
No need to start major flame wars, maybe just settle for the friendly petition ?

*sighs* *facepalm*

Now can anyone compare kinect to Playstation Move?

This post has been edited by blackharted: 10 December 2010 - 02:07 AM

View Postblackharted, on Dec 10 2010, 03:06 AM, said:

*sighs* *facepalm*

Now can anyone compare kinect to Playstation Move?

The comparison is easy IMO. Kinect doesn't need a plastic controller to control the games, it just requires a troll in front of it's camera, while the Playstation Move requires the troll to keep a plastic dildo in one if his hands and wave it around like mad until the fat gets to him and makes him fall tired to the ground.

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 10 2010, 02:54 AM, said:

The comparison is easy IMO. Kinect doesn't need a plastic controller to control the games, it just requires a troll in front of it's camera, while the Playstation Move requires the troll to keep a plastic dildo in one if his hands and wave it around like mad until the fat gets to him and makes him fall tired to the ground.

I mean a good comparison. Not a load of poor trollong.

I know it's lazy, but the easiest way to compare Move is identical to that of the Wii. Might actually be slightly worse.

Maybe this is unfair to the Playstation Move but I refer you to this video: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-the-fi...ts-out/17-3515/

View PostSebastian, on Dec 10 2010, 10:58 AM, said:

I know it's lazy, but the easiest way to compare Move is identical to that of the Wii. Might actually be slightly worse.

Maybe this is unfair to the Playstation Move but I refer you to this video

Ok cool. Any videos of kinect and Wii?

sebastion i wonder what that guys tatoo looks like >.> its like he have a hole in his arm xD

This post has been edited by Jhect: 11 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

While I've seen Kinect in stores and see the videos leading up to launch, I still won't buy one as I prefer a controller. There are no plans to make the older games usable with Kinect, only the new ones. Newer games are played with Kinect only.

Some games have PS Move compatibility, but otherwise doesn't affect the game much. Same may be true for games that use Kinect as its optional in Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows.

Someone said that Playstation Move is Wii HD, the fuck?

I believe all 3 require a lot of room to use.

This post has been edited by The Dukenator: 11 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

View PostThe Dukenator, on Dec 11 2010, 06:21 PM, said:

Someone said that Playstation Move is Wii HD, the fuck?

...Yeah, so? :rolleyes:

@Blackharted: Here's a pretty good video of Kinect in action. I believe you can just search for people playing the Wii on YouTube as well and you'll get similar results. :lol:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iLzbFMKzItk or http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LwA6ksBV3O4

Disclaimer: The guy makes retard noises.

View PostSebastian, on Dec 12 2010, 05:48 AM, said:

...Yeah, so? :rolleyes:

@Blackharted: Here's a pretty good video of Kinect in action. I believe you can just search for people playing the Wii on YouTube as well and you'll get similar results. :lol:
Disclaimer: The guy makes retard noises.

Oh thanks, thats great.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 13 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postblackharted, on Dec 10 2010, 02:53 AM, said:

How about post 4?

I found some valuable information on it, but I won't tell you as you think that all PC peeps are noobish arsewipes, so I'm going to keep that one to myself.

oh, and:

CONSOLES SUCK*

* To everyone else, I don't really think that they suck, I've got a 360 myself, but I knew if I said that loudly it would keep everything nicely off-topic for quite a while - Shhhh! :rolleyes:

View PostTea Monster, on Dec 13 2010, 06:10 AM, said:

I found some valuable information on it, but I won't tell you as you think that all PC peeps are noobish arsewipes, so I'm going to keep that one to myself.

oh, and:

CONSOLES SUCK*

* To everyone else, I don't really think that they suck, I've got a 360 myself, but I knew if I said that loudly it would keep everything nicely off-topic for quite a while - Shhhh! :rolleyes:

Well PC gamers are. Now back on topic......

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options