Duke4.net Forums: Dnf On Vista? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf On Vista?

User is offline   Nukem 

I haven't been here in a while due to my very busy schedule, so if this has already been a topic tell me.

Anyways with all this new technology thats coming out for the PC, and as games require more and more power to run on, do you think DNF will be for Windows Vista?

Crysis, which is coming out later this year, is running on Vista, so whats stopping future games from not?

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

By the time DNF is out, i think it's safe to say, it will run fine on it...
They MIGHT (and don't quote me on that) even support some DX10 features, since it's Vista...

I know games like Lost Planet which will be coming to the PC, will have some minor DX10 features as a bonus...

Most game developers won't make the move to developing on Vista because Vista takes up more memory which will give the developers less to work with, plus 90% of computer users will stick with Windows XP because it is a tried system whilst Vista is still new. Developers will start developing for Vista in 3-4 years, when Vista is more stable and has a bigger user-base.

User is offline   Lead 

Yeah, I think that while plenty of new games will most likely work on Vista it will be a while before people are specifically developing for Vista.

Also Vista to me feels more like an Apple OS, in that it seemed to have a primary focus on pretty imagery, and the fact that it throws random bullshit problems in your face while attempting to do simple tasks. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options