Duke4.net Forums: Creating a batch file to load custom HRP content - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating a batch file to load custom HRP content

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Hi veryone.
Iīll try to explain this as best as possible:

I want to know if is possible to make a .bat file that allows to load the game just with selected HRP content (obviously with autoload on) For example i would a map loads some models (trees, pipes, fans) and a few textures (skyboxes, details, items, screen elements and some textures) or even an extra skybox. Itīs a single map so i donīt want to include any extra big size content.

And if itīs possible what i need to know?

Well, thanks in advance!

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah make it load your own def that only loads certain models, instead of using duke3d.def

I'm busy now but I can come back and be more specific if you still can't figure it out.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

In fact that way is how i play regular duke, but i didnīt know thatīs all i need to do in order that other people play a map in the same way.
And if i want to include a new skybox, but i donīt want to force people de-extract it in duke3d_hrp zip folder, what i need?

View PostDeeperThought, on Dec 1 2010, 08:03 PM, said:

I'm busy now but I can come back and be more specific if you still can't figure it out.

Sorry for my english, and the noobish questions, :rolleyes: ha...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options