Duke4.net Forums: ReactOS - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ReactOS

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I've been looking into finding different operating systems that do different things. I happened to stumble across ReactOS, does anyone know if it's any good? From what I know it's a Windows clone, and it can run Windows applications. I may get it and test it in VirtualBox, VMware or something, I just would like opinions if anyone's tried it.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

"Please bear in mind that ReactOS 0.3.12 is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is not recommended for everyday use."

After testing 0.3.11 some time ago I can confirm that. Unless you want to contribute to the development or you are a _real_ nerd there is not much use trying it in it's current state.

I've had my fair share of debugging at ReactOS some time ago but my time and motivation got very slim after 2 years.
You might want to test it for the sake of curiosity if you are really bored.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 08 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 8 2010, 05:18 PM, said:

I've had my fair share of debugging at ReactOS some time ago but my time and motivation got very slim after 2 years.
You might want to test it for the sake of curiosity if you are really bored.

I did, but it wasn't really that good at all, it doesn't even have good SATA drivers.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options