Duke4.net Forums: What do you think Duke's height and weight is? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you think Duke's height and weight is?

User is offline   DerickVonD 

I'm going to guess 6' 3" 270lbs

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

And this matters how?
I am sure it does not effect the game play at all or effect the storyline.

The Commander, on Nov 25 2010, 10:36 PM, said:

And this matters how?
I am sure it does not effect the game play at all or effect the storyline.

Of course it doesn't, that's why I didn't post it in the DNF or Duke 3D forum.

User is offline   Jinroh 

It is being used to estimate just about how big his tool really is. XD

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 26 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

DerickVonD, on Nov 25 2010, 02:37 PM, said:

I'm going to guess 6' 3" 270lbs

That's too heavy. He's muscular, but not a body-builder or a freak of nature. (I am basing this on the sprites from Duke Nukem 3D). I would not put him above 230lbs, and he could be lighter.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 26 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

DeeperThought, on Nov 26 2010, 04:25 PM, said:

That's too heavy. He's muscular, but not a body-builder or a freak of nature. (I am basing this on the sprites from Duke Nukem 3D). I would not put him above 230lbs, and he could be lighter.

230 is too light. I knew someone who was 6 3 270, although he had a little fat on him, his physique was similar to Duke's. I'm going to go with at least 6' 1"-6' 2" 240-260. Plus how can you say Duke isn't a bodybuilder? In the 2007 teaser trailer Duke is benching a hell of a lot and curling 100 pounds fairly easy. You can't see what the weight is on the dumb bell unless you watch in high quality. In that video there are atleast four plates on the barbell on each side. That means Duke can bench 45x8 + 45 for the bar= 405 pounds. You can't have a physique like Duke and be a bodybuilder trust me.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 27 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

DerickVonD, on Nov 27 2010, 11:30 AM, said:

230 is too light. I knew someone who was 6 3 270, although he had a little fat on him, his physique was similar to Duke's. I'm going to go with at least 6' 1"-6' 2" 240-260. Plus how can you say Duke isn't a bodybuilder? In the 2007 teaser trailer Duke is benching a hell of a lot and curling 100 pounds fairly easy. You can't see what the weight is on the dumb bell unless you watch in high quality. In that video there are atleast four plates on the barbell on each side. That means Duke can bench 45x8 + 45 for the bar= 405 pounds. You can't have a physique like Duke and be a bodybuilder trust me.

I said I was basing my opinion on the Duke 3D sprites. I don't care about the 2007 video. Hey, there is really no right answer here and we all have to base our opinion on something. As for that guy you knew who was 270 and 6'3", if you are correct then he had a body similar to Brock Lesnar, which is huge. I would guess that an actual competitive bodybuilder of that height is heavier than that, because they build every muscle, not just the useful ones.

In my opinion the huge version of Duke that we see in some pics does not make much sense. This is a guy who has to run around a lot, crawl through vents and dodge bullets, and he mainly uses firearms. He should not have the body of a heavyweight wrestler or bodybuilder.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 29 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

DeeperThought, on Nov 29 2010, 06:14 PM, said:

He should not have the body of a heavyweight wrestler or bodybuilder.

Yep. A useful body should look like this (2.03m, 111kg):

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Wladimir_Klitschko_Brock26.jpg

I think Duke is about

6'2"

220-240lbs

I seriously don't understand the point of a thread like this but if I posted here, I might as well contribute to it.
I think Duke Nukem from Duke 3D is exactly the same height and weight as Arnold Schwarzenegger was in terminator 2 times.
In the new DNF media he looks to be 10-20% heavier than he was in Duke 3D, not to mention 30% younger...

Also, if we're at the chapter of Duke's body analysis, I wanted to stress something out.
My girlfriend saw the new wallpapers and media from DNF on my desktop a few days ago and when I saw her looking at them, I asked her what does she think of Duke.
She said she knows who he is and she thinks he looks gay! She also told me that she had a gay friend in the past that looked at magazines where Duke Nukem was also a star.
I had a few wtf moments and then I tried to defend him and tell her he's not gay, because he loves women.
I told her that he likes to drink, smoke, fuck, save the world from aliens and work out which is why he is so muscly.
I told her he is also inspired from Arnold's body and she told me that I seem to be obsessed with muscles and men too much, based on this chat alone.
She pretty much told me that she thinks that true Duke Nukem fans are secretly gay or ugly bastards that always wanted to look like him.
I am not gay, that's for sure and I'm neither ugly and I don't want to look like Duke Nukem at all, I think he's exaggerated.
So there you have a woman's opinion on Duke Nukem and what she thinks about people that obsess with Duke Nukem's body.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 29 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Mr.Deviance, on Nov 29 2010, 09:31 PM, said:

I seriously don't understand the point of a thread like this but if I posted here, I might as well contribute to it.

She pretty much told me that she thinks that true Duke Nukem fans are secretly gay or ugly bastards that always wanted to look like him.
I am not gay, that's for sure and I'm neither ugly and I don't want to look like Duke Nukem at all, I think he's exaggerated.
So there you have a woman's opinion on Duke Nukem and what she thinks about people that obsess with Duke Nukem's body.

You just opened one huge can of worms. Murharharharhar, when I'm finished laughing I'll respo nd, maybe in detail :blink: :blink: :blink:

DeeperThought, on Nov 29 2010, 12:14 PM, said:

I said I was basing my opinion on the Duke 3D sprites. I don't care about the 2007 video. Hey, there is really no right answer here and we all have to base our opinion on something. As for that guy you knew who was 270 and 6'3", if you are correct then he had a body similar to Brock Lesnar, which is huge. I would guess that an actual competitive bodybuilder of that height is heavier than that, because they build every muscle, not just the useful ones.

In my opinion the huge version of Duke that we see in some pics does not make much sense. This is a guy who has to run around a lot, crawl through vents and dodge bullets, and he mainly uses firearms. He should not have the body of a heavyweight wrestler or bodybuilder.

But at the same time Duke can carry and run around with huge guns like the devastator and the huge RPG that he uses.

Mr.Deviance, on Nov 29 2010, 09:31 PM, said:

I think Duke Nukem from Duke 3D is exactly the same height and weight as Arnold Schwarzenegger was in terminator 2 times.
In the new DNF media he looks to be 10-20% heavier than he was in Duke 3D, not to mention 30% younger...

Also, if we're at the chapter of Duke's body analysis, I wanted to stress something out.
My girlfriend saw the new wallpapers and media from DNF on my desktop a few days ago and when I saw her looking at them, I asked her what does she think of Duke.
She said she knows who he is and she thinks he looks gay! She also told me that she had a gay friend in the past that looked at magazines where Duke Nukem was also a star.
I had a few wtf moments and then I tried to defend him and tell her he's not gay, because he loves women.
I told her that he likes to drink, smoke, fuck, save the world from aliens and work out which is why he is so muscly.
I told her he is also inspired from Arnold's body and she told me that I seem to be obsessed with muscles and men too much, based on this chat alone.

Is she one of those chicks that like skinny guys that wear tight jeans? I can't stand those chicks lol. I myself am 6 foot and I'm trying to get to 240-250. They are different types of women, I've talked to some that like muscle guys, or don't mind a guy with muscles. There are others that like skinny pencil necks.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 29 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

LeoD, on Nov 29 2010, 03:51 PM, said:

Yep. A useful body should look like this (2.03m, 111kg):

What? 111kg is too skinny for someone who is 2.03m. For someone who is 1.83-1.85m it's pretty good.

• Duke Plus Developer

Mr.Deviance, on Nov 29 2010, 06:31 PM, said:

According to this site: http://www.arnoldhei...m/article8.html Arnold was around 220lbs during that time, so we are in agreement.

Mr.Deviance, on Nov 29 2010, 06:31 PM, said:

That doesn't surprise me. Actually, it is kind of gay to want Duke as a wallpaper, but putting that aside... Posing for pictures with a slick, muscled body and a shaven chest is definitely associated with gayness, or at least it fits the stereotype of the vain gay guy who is obsessed with his own body. Leather and tight jeans (both of which Duke sports much of the time) are also stereotypical gay attire.

DeeperThought, on Nov 29 2010, 09:14 AM, said:

Yes he should!!!!!!!! He supposed to be a tough guy and tough guys ALWAYS have huge amounts of muscle. Plus your point about Duke needing to be agile, well remember that pro wrestlers have huge amounts of muscle and yet are lightning quick. Being buff does not mean you are slow.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 30 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

DeeperThought, on Nov 30 2010, 02:05 AM, said:

According to this site: http://www.arnoldhei...m/article8.html Arnold was around 220lbs during that time, so we are in agreement.

This is from 1991: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c_Z3DxI2ltw

@6:21

Arnold says He is 215lbs

This post has been edited by Bam050196: 30 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

blackharted, on Nov 30 2010, 06:29 AM, said:

Yes he should!!!!!!!! He supposed to be a tough guy and tough guys ALWAYS have huge amounts of muscle. Plus your point about Duke needing to be agile, well remember that pro wrestlers have huge amounts of muscle and yet are lightning quick. Being buff does not mean you are slow.

Duke started being a wrestler when that stupid PC gamer cover showed up...

I think this is the real Duke:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NEi8UEB9rfM

User is offline   Hank 

@ Mr. Deviance
As promised, I'm done laughing – here are my thoughts.

Duke is pure fantasy. It ain't real. It's a character. I'm a Duke fan, because there was a time, that was all I could afford. Therefore I'm gay, secretly, or I'm ugly? One does not pick his or her sexual orientation and looks, and you are born the way you are born.

As for how Duke's weight and measurements are? Lol [still lauging], since it is fantasy, whatever you want him to be. That's the nice thing about fantasy characters. 1.84m and 95kG, black hair, silk suit, .44 - etc. Me in my fantasy, frying some enemies. It's FPS, I see nothing from whatever Duke is, it's all in my head.

Hope this helps. :blink:

User is offline   Shawneth 

Attached Image: eduke32_2010_12_01_15_02_46_29.jpg :blink:

Clearly, he has no true height OR weight, in-fact, his weight and appearance is all based on 1's and 0's.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That pic looks more like Duke jumping near the camera rather than a giant Duke a reasonable distance away.

oporix, on Dec 1 2010, 03:06 PM, said:

eduke32_...02_46_29.jpg :blink:

Clearly, he has no true height OR weight, in-fact, his weight and appearance is all based on 1's and 0's.

I think you can always measure his 3d model or sprite and get it's height. As for his weight, I think you can safely look at the size that his model + textures occupy on the hdd and it can be said you know his weight :blink:
By that theory though, if you compare how much space does his duke 3D sprite take on the hdd vs his DNF model, I think it can be concluded that Duke added quite some weight in the last 13 years lol.

And to come back to the measuring of his 3D model, that's also not a really good way to tell his real height, since 3d models can be scaled up and down with ease.
I think the real question we should ask here is, not what Duke's height and weight is but more like, "What's the height and the weight of his world?"
If we know that, we also know if Duke's a giant or a midget compared to us real people with REAL LIVES .

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 01 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

duke is a fucking beast lol. i just though about half a ton or something >.>

Jhect, on Dec 1 2010, 06:39 PM, said:

duke is a fucking beast lol. i just though about half a ton or something >.>

I bet he does :blink:

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Duke's height and weight is on the back of the package of the Duke Nukem N64 memory card. I seen an image of it a while back. His weight was 250 lbs. I think and I don't quite remember his height.

yea but seriously height and weight really cant be defined as it changes in every game that comes out >.>

NUKEMDAVE, on Dec 2 2010, 06:55 AM, said:

Duke's height and weight is on the back of the package of the Duke Nukem N64 memory card. I seen an image of it a while back. His weight was 250 lbs. I think and I don't quite remember his height.

Okay, in that case I'll go with him being 6' 1"-6' 2"

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 02 December 2010 - 09:07 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

As to what Mr.Deviance said, my wife saw the new media and she thought that he was gay. But she thought he was gay from the original game. I thought he looked effeminate in the new media (especially the 'Jed Nukem' Pic).

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Lol case and point. My wife said the same thing.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Nah, Duke's a little guy....compare him to the Duke 3D strippers, height-wise- unless every stripper was/is an uber-mega Amazonian woman, I can't see Duke being anything over 5'8". He's a runt with a Napoleon complex, obviously. ;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options