Duke4.net Forums: Operating editart under eduke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Operating editart under eduke32  "opening editart,the proper method in eduke32"

User is offline   Nukester10 

Just recently,i started using eduke32 and I was in mapster and I was going to open up editart for a second.
How exactly do you open it?I mean,previously when I was running dosbox all I would do is open
editart through dosbox and view it that way.So how would this be done exactly with eduke32?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Nukester10, on Nov 21 2010, 10:22 PM, said:

previously when I was running dosbox all I would do is open
editart through dosbox and view it that way

Keep doing that.

EDuke32 and Editart have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The fact that you now use the EDuke32 port for playing the game makes no difference whatsoever for how you use Editart.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You can use editart if you want but personally I'd still recommend using DEFs, I find them easier.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Micky C, on Nov 22 2010, 12:30 AM, said:

You can use editart if you want but personally I'd still recommend using DEFs, I find them easier.

It's not so much a question of what is easier or harder, but rather what it is you are trying to accomplish. If you are making a classic style TC, there is no reason to mess with DEF files. If you want to use models and high res art, then there is no reason to mess with .art files.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

EDITART.EXE should work natively on Windows XP, but DOS4GW.EXE MUST be present. I really don't think you should need Dosbox. I'd also recommend using the eDuke 2.0 version of EDITART.EXE. Since I guess you're gonna ask "Where can I get this stuff?," I'll just go ahead and upload everything you'll need for you.

eDuke 2.0 EDITART.EXE, DOS4GW.EXE, and LOOKUP.DAT, PALETTE.DAT, and TABLES.DAT in ~230kb .zip file.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I still use edit art to add textures. animate them etc.
cus I'm fast on it.

I use duke.def (to high resolutionize textures).
I use def.con and name.h for naming them, making them work etc.

u know.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options