Duke4.net Forums: Disturbing Maximum PC article on DNF. - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disturbing Maximum PC article on DNF.

User is offline   zwieback 

  • 78

#31

Quote

So as you can see, this game is absolutely made with Halo and COD fans in mind and it's not for the old Duke Nukem 3d fans at all.
The only thing that will be common to the Duke 3D fans, will be content, as for gameplay, it will be completely halo and cod oriented and made for consoles and kids!


well, i think you are not wrong here except for the kids part :P i still think the game will be awesome, because we don't have 1996 anymore and i don't want to have a non-physics engine with a fps character that can run 60km/h.. so i think i'm fine with that.
I have to admit that i'm a little bit worried about multiplayer, but not worried at all about the single player experience.

"Some people are “for” things. They are for Freedom, or for technical superiority, or for a sports team, or whatever. Some people are “against” things. They are against political candidates, or Games, or people from certain places, or whatever. Some people define themselves on the basis of what they want, others on the basis of what they do not want."
0

User is online   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,756

#32

Why are you worried about multiplayer? They have an entire company working on that! :P

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

This post has been edited by Micky C: 22 November 2010 - 01:58 AM

0

User is offline   zwieback 

  • 78

#33

i like multiplayer old school style :P

aim fast, move fast, shoot fast, jump far and carry loads of weapons (which are all mapped to special keys for quickaccess) :P

i'm pretty sure that multiplayer won't be like that. BUT that doesn't mean it will be bad, because it is different. I'm just a bit worried, that's all :P

"Some people are “for” things. They are for Freedom, or for technical superiority, or for a sports team, or whatever. Some people are “against” things. They are against political candidates, or Games, or people from certain places, or whatever. Some people define themselves on the basis of what they want, others on the basis of what they do not want."
0

User is offline   X-Vector 

  • 417

#34

View PostDavoX, on Nov 21 2010, 01:38 PM, said:

He said "Please the new gamers and the old ones" So I think there will be a middle ground on this...


"Allowing the game's content to appeal to the old fans" translates to "the old farts will buy the game because it's called Duke Nukem Forever and it has Duke Nukem in it".

Quote

Also don't forget interactivity. No matter how much halo or COD they put in the game, the insane interactivity is something that they can't take away from us, it's already there and can't be touched.


You're living in the past, "insane interactivity" is old school DNF.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer
  • 1,020

#35

View PostX-Vector, on Nov 22 2010, 07:48 AM, said:

You're living in the past, "insane interactivity" is old school DNF.

Bullshit. I've yet to see an FPS that allows you to play a fully functional pinball table, play billiards(Exception is DN3D), pick up a rat and throw it in the microwave, pop popcorn and eat it for a health boost, or pick up random physics objects and use them as weapons, all in one game. That's all in the current Duke Nukem Forever by the way.

So, "insane interactivity" is there, is current, and will also be in the future.


This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 22 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

0

User is offline   Spirrwell 

  • tile 1018
  • 122

#36

View PostX-Vector, on Nov 22 2010, 06:48 AM, said:

"Allowing the game's content to appeal to the old fans" translates to "the old farts will buy the game because it's called Duke Nukem Forever and it has Duke Nukem in it".

Not everybody is that old, I'm fourteen years old. I've been waiting for this game for ten of those years. I know quite a bit of people that are still classic gamers, or become classic gamers once I show them games like, Duke3D, Doom, Contra, Quake, and etc.

Anyway, my only hope is that this game will be fun and innovative. I really don't like Halo or COD, I just think that their single player stories suck, the online is okay though. It'd be even cooler if they had those voice macros like in Duke3D such as "It hurts to be you."

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i7-6770K @ 4.0 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
0

User is offline   Gurty 

  • 0

#37

Well i think that Halo or a Call of Duty has stuff from Duke Nukem 3D, because it was one of the first shooters.
But a game cannot be made for non profit, so its understandable that they want to compete with Call of Duty or Halo.
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#38

View PostGurty, on Nov 23 2010, 12:49 AM, said:

its understandable that they want to compete with Call of Duty or Halo.

No it's not. It's absolutely not understandable.
Those games have a target audience which is below 18, Duke Nukem has a target audience which is 18 and up!
0

User is offline   zwieback 

  • 78

#39

View PostMr.Deviance, on Nov 23 2010, 01:22 AM, said:

No it's not. It's absolutely not understandable.
Those games have a target audience which is below 18, Duke Nukem has a target audience which is 18 and up!



call of duty 18- ? you lost it :P

"Some people are “for” things. They are for Freedom, or for technical superiority, or for a sports team, or whatever. Some people are “against” things. They are against political candidates, or Games, or people from certain places, or whatever. Some people define themselves on the basis of what they want, others on the basis of what they do not want."
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#40

View Postzwieback, on Nov 23 2010, 03:02 AM, said:

call of duty 18- ? you lost it :P

Just because it has M on the box it doesn't mean it's actually worthy of that rating from a gameplay perspective. Having a game where you blow up people is what makes the game M rated but other than that, the game is stereotypical and aimed at naughty kids that like war games and play M rated games.
The cod games are for people that would otherwise play with plastic army soldiers and action figures.
That's what we did in my generation but now that's all dead and kids play gay simulated wars with cheap acting and lots of war movie cliches squeezed into these games.
Even counterstrike has more realism than these cod games...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

0

User is offline   Gurty 

  • 0

#41

View PostMr.Deviance, on Nov 23 2010, 01:22 AM, said:

No it's not. It's absolutely not understandable.
Those games have a target audience which is below 18, Duke Nukem has a target audience which is 18 and up!


Yeah but if the game gets a 18 rating it wont sell in the US, Germany and Australia because of the so called adult graphics.
Off course it is understandable, its all about the money and nothing else. The target audience for DNF will be the same as those for Call of Duty, Halo etc because they bring in the most money.
0

User is offline   zwieback 

  • 78

#42

don't get me wrong, i bought modern warfare on the pc.. and it sucks. i hate that crap

"Some people are “for” things. They are for Freedom, or for technical superiority, or for a sports team, or whatever. Some people are “against” things. They are against political candidates, or Games, or people from certain places, or whatever. Some people define themselves on the basis of what they want, others on the basis of what they do not want."
0

User is offline   Gurty 

  • 0

#43

View Postzwieback, on Nov 23 2010, 06:18 AM, said:

don't get me wrong, i bought modern warfare on the pc.. and it sucks. i hate that crap

Don't get me wrong i bougth the Modern Warfare 2 for €15/$20 the El Cheapo price. Because that game doesn't deserve more in my opinion.
0

User is offline   Spirrwell 

  • tile 1018
  • 122

#44

View PostGurty, on Nov 23 2010, 11:29 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong i bougth the Modern Warfare 2 for €15/$20 the El Cheapo price. Because that game doesn't deserve more in my opinion.

I would've had to have my friends beg me to give me COD of any kind... Not really, but I just want to make my point that I don't really like it. Anyway, that's my opinion, but opinions don't nearly matter as much as facts. Putting the facts together, Halo and Call of Duty are great games, but it's been practically the same thing for the past ten years.

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i7-6770K @ 4.0 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
0

User is offline   MapMan 

  • 0

#45

I have to mostly agree with Mr. Deviance here. The fact that a game is rated "M" doesn't mean its really targeted for mature audiences. Games like cod or halo or whatever are really full of shitty cliches all put into a single game. It's really hard to create a mature game for a mature player that will appeal to a broad audience. It is fully understandable that devs don't do AO rated games because almost no one would sell them(thats obviously retarded but theres nothing we or they can do).

During last few years we've been overloaded with generic shit games made on unreal engine 3. While the engine is awesome itself, I still havn't played a single game on it that's actually good. All we get is Gears of Wars like games with a generic setting, cliche characters and shitty mechanics. Thats the industry standard. Will DNF be a game I wanted it to be? Probably not. Will I be dissapointed? No, I learned to get over it. Now a days its much easier to produce a game even on long forgotten franchise than to create a new, fresh one. Publishers are afraid to invest cash into new ideas. It's easier and safer to build up on well estabilished titles, even if the produced sequel has not much to do with previous games. I learned to accept it. DN fans are not alone. Fallout, XCom, Deus Ex, Thief, Diablo have(or had) sequels in the works. Go check how much of the "old" fans are happy with what the sequels are.

I belive that games can appeal to a broad audience, including the mainstream, and still be very complex deep down and mature. It's just really hard. With AAA titles it very rarely matters what the developers have to say. What matters is what publishers and investors want. They want a good game. Whats a good game? A game that will sell well, they dont give a shit if its made for halo fans or not. Can I blame them? No. Shall we blame the devs then? I don't think so. The audience is to blame. As long as there's demand for shit wrapped in a pretty paper then companies will supply them with such. I believe the gaming industry will make a full circe someday and we'll be back in the '90s of games. Just let the game developers make games they always wanted to play. This will guarantee that once in a while we'll get a gem that for example DN3D is.

I can't take this "nextgen" shit anymore. This is a perfect time for me to rediscover gems that I missed before. Games (just like movies or books) don't become worse with time. Maybe the graphics arn't as amazing as today but they surely dont get simply bad. I can still play a game from the early '90s and say "WOW!". It's really amazing when you play a game 15 or 20 years old and you see features that are nowhere to be found now a days.

As someone said before: Dont expect anything and you wont be disappointed.
0

User is offline   BraveTriforcer 

  • 38

#46

Well what I expect is to be entertained, plain and simple. So far, I haven't played an Non-Valve shooter from 2009 or 2010 that actually felt like I was having fun. It doesn't do more than make me play just to find more hitboxes to shoot with hitscans. I didn't keep playing because I had a smile on my face or felt exicted and entertained. That is what I want DNF to manage. From the looks of it, it will fill that requirment.
It has a more refined weapon system than CoD, an actual health bar to go with the regen, and humour. The campaign is said to be long, which is VERY welcome. Also, the game has a very surreal nature. I mean, one of the bosses is an underwater penis monster that you fight with an RPG...did I just say that? So, I expect DNF's campaign to entertain for a while. Not to be a 6 hour fart that gets overshadowed by Skinner Box esque multiplayer. That's what I want, and everything else will either be sprinkles of either white or dark chocolate.

THIS POST JUST GOT SIGNED BY AN UNCREATIVE PERSON!
0

User is offline   Martin 

  • 155

#47

In the UK, the last two COD games have been rated BBFC 18 (our official national ratings board) for;

Modern Warfare 2 - "Contains strong, bloody violence."

Black Ops - "Contains strong bloody violence and strong language"

Just looking at the boxes because they were to hand. I don't see how Duke is more mature. Duke's immature, funny as fuck, hard as fuck, and just totally badass. Were it not for the sexual content, Duke would probably be on a lower tier owing to the fact that you do not kill humans. Though people die, it's because the aliens have gotten them. There seems to be some indignant ill feeling towards COD and Halo on these boards. It's rather lame, chaps, and just makes y'all seem elitist types. I love COD, and play some Halo now and again.

I don't get COD-rage, but I do love to induce it in other people. When you get an actual stroppy message.. ah.. those are just yummy. I keep those forever. Exclusively chasing after a group of boosters in a free-for-all on MW2 was amazingly satisfying. Their little teen whiney voices going mad at you. It's like music. This fellow called Sandy Ravage made a little video of himself doing just that, coincidentally with Duke Nukem music and genuine quips all the way through (no joke). I don't know how well-known this video/person is, so maybe I'm acting like a cunt and you've all already seen it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xNzdQZwmhIo

<span style="color:#FF0000;">WANTED:</span> American versions of Duke Nukem: Zero Hour, Hexen, and Quake II. I live in the UK. Will pay via PayPal. Drop me a PM.
0

User is offline   BraveTriforcer 

  • 38

#48

It's not that I really hate CoD. It's got a solid core at the least, but little more for my taste. Maybe it's just the bad taste MW2 left in my mouth, I dunno. The story and campaign overall just felt weak, with little more than hollywood spectacle and "OMG RUSSIA INVADES AMERICA AND KILLED UNCLE SAM!". Co-op's alright, if a bit sluggish at times. Multiplayer...ugh. I could go in deeper about multiplayer, I really could. But this is a DNF board, and it should be treated as such.

Edit: That video = justice.

THIS POST JUST GOT SIGNED BY AN UNCREATIVE PERSON!

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 29 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#49

View PostMapMan, on Nov 27 2010, 04:30 PM, said:

I have to mostly agree with Mr. Deviance here. The fact that a game is rated "M" doesn't mean its really targeted for mature audiences. Games like cod or halo or whatever are really full of shitty cliches all put into a single game. It's really hard to create a mature game for a mature player that will appeal to a broad audience. It is fully understandable that devs don't do AO rated games because almost no one would sell them(thats obviously retarded but theres nothing we or they can do).

During last few years we've been overloaded with generic shit games made on unreal engine 3. While the engine is awesome itself, I still havn't played a single game on it that's actually good. All we get is Gears of Wars like games with a generic setting, cliche characters and shitty mechanics.

Gears of War generic? cliche? Shitty mechanics? No. No NOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

Everything about is cool!!! The industry doesn't need people like you!!!

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#50

View Postblackharted, on Dec 11 2010, 12:41 PM, said:

Gears of War generic? cliche? Shitty mechanics? No. No NOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

Everything about is cool!!! The industry doesn't need people like you!!!

The industry can suck every consumer's curved and sweaty dick, especially mine!
The industry can always have consumer whores like you that buy anything that's hyped enough.
Don't worry about the industry. Dumb brainwashed people like you will always exist to prevent the industry from going bankrupt. :D
Also, Gears of War is the biggest cliche game ever, deal with it :D

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#51

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 11 2010, 12:45 PM, said:

The industry can suck every consumer's curved and sweaty dick, especially mine!
The industry can always have consumer whores like you that buy anything that's hyped enough.
Don't worry about the industry. Dumb brainwashed people like you will always exist to prevent the industry from going bankrupt. :D
Also, Gears of War is the biggest cliche game ever, deal with it :D

No Gears is NOT. The end.

Also no I don't buy anything thats hyped enough, like COD I only buy quility games

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#52

View Postblackharted, on Dec 11 2010, 12:49 PM, said:

No Gears is NOT. The end.

I won't believe this is the end until I see a video of you crying and stomping on the floor with one foot while screaming that Gears of War is not bad!
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#53

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 11 2010, 12:53 PM, said:

I won't believe this is the end until I see a video of you crying and stomping on the floor with one foot while screaming that Gears of War is not bad!

I will never show my face. But the proof lies in the games, review scores, awards that its won and of course the gameplay.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#54

View Postblackharted, on Dec 11 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

I will never show my face. But the proof lies in the games, review scores, awards that its won and of course the gameplay.

Haha, you're one of the people that judges a game by it's review scores and awards. You've just openly admitted that you're an easily manipulable person that has to look at public reviews and grades to decide whether something is cool or not.
Do you also select your girl/boyfriends based on the reviews and grades given by your real life friends?
Or better yet, do you even have any real life friends? Or have you not found a person that has the best review and grades, in order to become your friend.

Here's a small tip! Don't ever go to vote for your president, you will do a big favor to everybody in your country.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#55

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 11 2010, 01:02 PM, said:

Haha, you're one of the people that judges a game by it's review scores and awards. You've just openly admitted that you're an easily manipulable person that has to look at public reviews and grades to decide whether something is cool or not.
Do you also select your girl/boyfriends based on the reviews and grades given by your real life friends?
Or better yet, do you even have any real life friends?

*Major facepalm* You really can't read can you? Judging by the GAMEPLAY very cleary means I played it (and I have all the way too the better end) learn to read. And to answer you question, of course I have real life friends. You don't judging by the nasty attiude, lack of reading ability and lack of cleverness.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 11 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#56

View Postblackharted, on Dec 11 2010, 01:07 PM, said:

*Major facepalm* You really can't read can you? Judging by the GAMEPLAY very cleary means I played it (and I have all the way too the better end) learn to read. And to answer you question, of course I have real life friends. You don't judging by the nasty attiude, lack of reading ability and lack of cleverness.

I'm nasty? I thought you were bragging that you're troll that's having fun with everybody here, yet here I see you saying that I have a nasty attiude(what ever that word means)
As for my lack of cleverness, I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine when I say that you're lifeless kid that can't even have fun by trolling and dicking with everybody.
You can't even dick with people on the internet you sad thing you... Not even when the admins and mods allow you to be an idiot and don't ban your ass.
You can't even fuck around with people then. You're so dumb and ignorant up to the point where you're soul is pretty much pure!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

0

User is offline   The Albino Ape 

  • 106

#57

I love reading posts of Blackharted and Mr. Deviance arguing :D
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#58

View PostBam050196, on Dec 11 2010, 01:19 PM, said:

I love reading posts of Blackharted and Mr. Deviance arguing :D

Me too :D
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#59

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 11 2010, 02:13 PM, said:

I'm nasty? I thought you were bragging that you're troll that's having fun with everybody here, yet here I see you saying that I have a nasty attiude(what ever that word means)
As for my lack of cleverness, I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine when I say that you're lifeless kid that can't even have fun by trolling and dicking with everybody.
You can't even dick with people on the internet you sad thing you... Not even when the admins and mods allow you to be an idiot and don't ban your ass.
You can't even fuck around with people then. You're so dumb and ignorant up to the point where you're soul is pretty much pure!

Oh God this guy is clueless! Yes your nasty. Get over it and yourself. And yes I brag about being a troll messing with everyone for amusement, ok? to have fun, a laugh or two. Yes its at everyone else, but that is there own fault for feeding the troll in me.

It is soo freaking obvious that I can dick with people as I wouldn't be a troll otherwise and you wouldn't lose your temper with me so easily. Thats fact and you obviously can't deal with it. You are clearly the dumb one here, no agruements, back chating or defensive remarks because its soild, undeniable fact.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 11 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#60

View Postblackharted, on Dec 11 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

Oh God this guy is clueless! Yes your nasty. Get over it and yourself. And yes I brag about being a troll messing with everyone for amusement, ok? to have fun, a laugh or two. Yes its at everyone else, but that is there own fault for feeding the troll in me.

The troll in you has a pure heart. You just say that you want to troll everybody for your fun but in reality you love everybody here and you can't even annoy them because you are too nice of a guy to be a nasty troll.
Trust me dude, you can't hide that and it's a fact!

View Postblackharted, on Dec 11 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

It is soo freaking obvious that I can dick with people as I wouldn't be a troll otherwise

I don't believe that you can dick with people to be honest. I think that you're just too pure to do that based on what I've seen lately.

View Postblackharted, on Dec 11 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

You are clearly the dumb one here, no agruements, back chating or defensive remarks because its soild, undeniable fact.

I'm clearly the dumb one here because I don't understand the word agruements, that's for sure. Btw it's spelled soiled not soild.
If you have a soiled undeniable fact then I might reconsider, what can I say. I wasn't aware of your soiled facts until now so I will take notice!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options