• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media unleash is "fast approaching"

http://dukewatch.blogspot.com/2010/11/medi...pproaching.html

This post has been edited by Jobi-Wan Kenobi: 18 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Come on... it seems every dev related to DNF likes to say such things... I want to have the demo or trailer in my hands. Don't care for words anymore.

till now the only thing ive heard is. DUKE IS REAL. god damn it, just show us a trailer. it has always been real

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Well, it does help reduce the stress of the situation for me, but only ever so slightly. They did say before that they'd be showing Multiplayer and all sorts of shit at an upcoming event, and the only one I can think of is Spike's VGA Awards, which happen to be on my Birthday, December 17th.

No Spike's VGA's is Dec 11 :blink:

Yes you're right they did say "at an upcoming event"!

And the only real event this year is VGA's of course! PUMPED!

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Nov 18 2010, 12:15 PM, said:

No Spike's VGA's is Dec 11 :blink:

Yes you're right they did say "at an upcoming event"!

And the only real event this year is VGA's of course! PUMPED!

Oh, the post on DukeWatch kind of mislead me. But either way, if something does happen on the 17th, I'll be very happy.

3 weeks to go! I know it is happening! :blink:
Randy entering the stage as a special guest and presenting us mutiplayer and maybe singleplayer footage and hopefully the trailer! :cool:

We let thousands play it at PAX 2010...

... but we don't care much about the millions in the www.

User is offline   zwieback 

btw can anybody explain to me how we managed to wait 12 fucking years?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

13 going for 14...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, they really should re-record that line in the game.

View Postzwieback, on Nov 18 2010, 10:33 AM, said:

I hate to break it to you but nobody actually waited all those years for the game.
I think there's waaay too much self victimization on the fan side, when it comes to waiting lots of time for a movie or a game.
It's not like we stood in a line, ruining our health and losing all of our life.
Correct me If I'm wrong but I don't think there's even one person besides George Broussard, that lost so much time waiting for DNF to get out.
Even the most obsessed fans, didn't dedicate more than a max of 2-3 hours a day for DNF (and that's already too much time wasted if they did so for the last 13 years).
As long as you like something and you are alive, the fact that years pass and you get reminded of that certain thing you like since you were young and you decide to check up on it from time to time, means that you are still waiting for it.

So the simple answer is that you were able to wait "12 fucking years" because you are still interested in Duke Nukem after 13 years.
I would even be interested after 60 years, but that doesn't mean that I will dedicate my life to waiting for it.
If you constantly used up 6-8 hours of your days to wait and expect DNF to come out, then you have a serious problem and I think a person that did that, should wind up in the Guinness book or something.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 18 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

Mr. Deviance, that is the best post I've seen you make. Bravo, you've said what we're all thinking.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Nov 18 2010, 11:47 PM, said:

Well, it does help reduce the stress of the situation for me, but only ever so slightly. They did say before that they'd be showing Multiplayer and all sorts of shit at an upcoming event, and the only one I can think of is Spike's VGA Awards, which happen to be on my Birthday, December 17th.

Spike's VGA would make sense. I mean Spike TV is "TV for Men" and DNF is full of things men like.

Maybe Duke'll make the VGAs not suck (based off what I've heard from previous years).

I watched them in the last 3 years! And they are quite annoying yes! Duke better turns this show into something awesome!

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Nov 18 2010, 08:39 PM, said:

I watched them in the last 3 years! And they are quite annoying yes! Duke better turns this show into something awesome!

I wouldn't count on the Spike Awards showing anything Duke related. I'm sick of teasing and speculation. Gearbox has failed in
this area big time. We shouldn't have to "look" forward to random events to think we'll get a glimpse of the game.

gearbox should have given us a date so that we know that we can expect something. i mean waiting for something that you dont know when will come out is so annoying.

View Postzwieback, on Nov 18 2010, 07:33 PM, said:

Well, it's not because of patience I'm pissed.

I'm pissed because some individuals (which are lucky enough to get to the "events") receive more love from GBX than the rest of the www.

User is online   Outtagum 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Nov 19 2010, 12:59 AM, said:

I'm pissed because some individuals (which are lucky enough to get to the "events") receive more love from GBX than the rest of the www.

That happens with everything.

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Nov 18 2010, 10:59 PM, said:

Look at the other side of the coin.
Those people that got more than us, paid for tickets and were also filtered like mad through the limited amount of tickets available, they stood in incredible long lines for hours, while we just expect everything they had, for free and into our rss feed.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Who says we wouldn't have done the exact same thing if there was an event near us?

Edit: and besides, we don't expect everything they got. They got to play the friggin demo! Not releasing the trailer is just plain slack.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 19 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

User is offline   Stewox 

They've told enough words to seal the deal , i see it can be successful , now for the videos , it's freaking about time

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Nov 19 2010, 01:31 AM, said:

Look at the other side of the coin.
Those people that got more than us, paid for tickets and were also filtered like mad through the limited amount of tickets available, they stood in incredible long lines for hours, while we just expect everything they had, for free and into our rss feed.

For me, it was a 1.5 hour bus trip, $5.80 each way, and 15 minutes in a queue while watching the others play... PAX was a lot worse.

Raz.

User is offline   Rehbock 

i hope Jobi-Wan Kenobi prediction is true.
At the moment the propaganda around duke silenced besides that copypasta review/interview we get since pax.
If nothing gonna happen we can really cut the 1 feb as a release. Hyping a game up for sale even if its Duke within 2 month sounds a little unbelieveable.

• Honored Donor

Well it has been 2 weeks since Jobi-Wan made this claim, and even that was made in the middle of a dry spell.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

2 weeks? It's been only one.

• Honored Donor

Huh I misread the date, oh well it feels like two weeks

User is offline   Raziel 

They've been promising a release date 'soon' since bloody PAX, and claimed a demo is on the way... They also promised that the first access club will feature exclusive stuff that every duke fan would want... So far the first access club still contains the same crap it did from day 1, we still have no release date other than the filler dates from online shops, no release date for the demo.

I have to say I'm starting to get really irritated by how they're marketing this thing. It might turn out to be the best game ever, but it most definitely has the worst approach to marketing I've ever seen.

An annoyed Raz.

View PostRaziel, on Dec 1 2010, 03:16 AM, said:

They've been promising a release date 'soon' since bloody PAX, and claimed a demo is on the way... They also promised that the first access club will feature exclusive stuff that every duke fan would want... So far the first access club still contains the same crap it did from day 1, we still have no release date other than the filler dates from online shops, no release date for the demo.

I have to say I'm starting to get really irritated by how they're marketing this thing. It might turn out to be the best game ever, but it most definitely has the worst approach to marketing I've ever seen.

An annoyed Raz.

All 100% true.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options