Duke4.net Forums: WGR2 Collab map - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGR2 Collab map

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Hi!

I hav this started map that i was making few months ago, and i was thinking about the possibility to make a collaboration or cbp to finish it. Otherwise i couldn´t work on it anymore, cos now i´m working on other projects. I know people don´t know about new tiles and effects of WGR2, but it could be a cool idea to work on this...

I was thinking on William G and Spiker, u both hav experience with the mod, if u like the map and hav some time, maybe we can to share some ideas by pm.

Of course anyone who´s interested can join the project :blink:

We´ll see...

Edit: some shots:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Norvak: 14 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is there some kind of timeframe to get this done by? Also, what is the plot behind this level going to be?

I'm interested in working on this, of course I'm currently in the middle of my own map at the moment, so I won't be able to work on this for 3-4 months (lets hope people will still map for Duke when DNF comes out), but if/when I do get around to this, I'd probably make a small village to fight through; a WGRealms 2 style village would be so awesome.

Edit: Decided to tweak the map a bit. Nothing new really, I raised the ceiling of the outside area by quite a bit, and added a slim area behind the wall of the place where you start, just for looks. I wonder if this could become one of those things where people download it, add a bit, and re-upload it for others to do the same.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0fkx0n

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

i think it looks pretty good but nothing i would enjoy :S

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

@Norvak: Those screens look good and I'm kind of feeling like working on WGR2 again. Any chance that you are up to making a full map? It doesn't have to be as big or elaborate as the existing maps, there are other things that can be done. For example, you could make a DM style map and then I could make a new single player game mode to go with it (maybe something invasion style like that new Attrition mode).

User is offline   Spiker 

Looks cool, if only I had time.

• Music Producer

View PostDeeperThought, on Nov 15 2010, 01:39 PM, said:

@Norvak: Those screens look good and I'm kind of feeling like working on WGR2 again. Any chance that you are up to making a full map? It doesn't have to be as big or elaborate as the existing maps, there are other things that can be done. For example, you could make a DM style map and then I could make a new single player game mode to go with it (maybe something invasion style like that new Attrition mode).

Sounds good. So maybe i could do something with this, not large in extension but big and open areas to fight in.
Send me a pm to concrete the idea u hav in mind if u wish.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNorvak, on Nov 15 2010, 12:34 PM, said:

Sounds good. So maybe i could do something with this, not large in extension but big and open areas to fight in.
Send me a pm to concrete the idea u hav in mind if u wish.

Done!

• Music Producer

View PostJhect, on Nov 15 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

i think it looks pretty good but nothing i would enjoy :S

Come on Jhect what thing could u enjoy? U´re an anti-everything teenage troll-bot... lol

This post has been edited by Norvak: 01 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Damn, when I saw that Norvak had posted I was hoping it was a map update. :blink:

• Music Producer

View PostDeeperThought, on Dec 1 2010, 08:02 PM, said:

Damn, when I saw that Norvak had posted I was hoping it was a map update. :blink:

:blink: :huh: :blink: Uppss sorry mate...

But i was little angry one hour ogo :)

I´ve been working on that stuff, but anything that worths to show...

BTW about Micky´s modification aint shure the ceiling needs to be as tall, so i didn´t use his map.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 01 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

View PostNorvak, on Dec 2 2010, 01:50 AM, said:

Come on Jhect what thing could u enjoy? U´re an anti-everything teenage troll-bot... lol

hehe that is actually correct. but my style is that i want to play duke nukem 3d o.O i dont know why but i just dont like custom textures or not so detailed 3d models. that just doesnt make a decent mod for me. i want some new maps and maybe some cool .con events. that is why i am making my mod. im pretty sure that many people wont find my mod interesting because they think that the stuff like new models are pretty awesome. but thats just not me :blink:
i do want to say that your map looks interesting!

This post has been edited by Jhect: 01 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

• Music Producer

I was thinking this map actually works better like a single map instead of a DM style map, so it worths to work on this like a regular map, anyway i could make those woa-styled maps for wgr2 as u tell me Dan. Look fordwars...

• Music Producer

Posted Image

Nice one, looking doomish!

User is offline   Hank 

View PostWilliam Gee, on Feb 16 2011, 01:18 AM, said:

Nice one, looking doomish!

No, more like WGRealms. I know, some art is from Quake and Doom, but the atmosphere is unique. Neither Quake nor Doom have all those surprises I found there; and I'm not even through. And the new screens beg you to enter. Wow. ;)

User is offline   NerdZilla 

This whole project seems really cool. Where can I get the mod to check out the map.
I'm interested in seeing what could do to help.

PS: I know when DNF comes out. I'll still be mapping some DN3D maps.
I'm kind of hoping the E-duke will work online soon. So I can make some MP maps and Co-Op.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 16 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

• Music Producer

Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   Gambini 

Looks really cool!

Maps are looking good norvak ;)

• Music Producer

Posted Image
Posted Image

Design is looking good, I dunno if the sky and water fit with those rocks though, maybe try lava and redish sky or grey sky.

• Music Producer

View PostWilliam Gee, on Feb 17 2011, 04:50 PM, said:

Design is looking good, I dunno if the sky and water fit with those rocks though, maybe try lava and redish sky or grey sky.

Thanks!

Ho ho ho. It's planned to be part of the gameplay :X

oh I see nice haha.

User is offline   Sebastian 

I really like the palette! Nice going.

• Music Producer

Thanks!
More shots:
Posted Image
Posted Image

If i keep mapping at this speed i'll finish soon...
The map's gonna be called "(Something) Fortress" Does anyone has any idea?

• Honored Donor

When I saw your earliest screenshots I wasn't really all that interested in the map, but I started liking it more and more as it developed and now I'm really looking forward to it!

Um, how about Vielangst Fortress? It comes from the german "viel angst" which basically means much/a lot of fear.

Posted Image

• Music Producer

@Gambini: Eh? what? .... why?

@Micky C: "Vielangst" It doesn't sound too bad, but I feel it doesn´t fit either with the map or the word "fortess", does anyone have another suggestion?

Well, the idea is to make a new 3 level episode (?) for WGR2. I already hav in my mind most parts of the maps and the general design, so this is only about time. Maybe 2 or 3 months?

Some shots of the first level:

Posted Image
Posted Image

The second level:

Posted Image

For those who Can´t see shit :P

• Honored Donor

Ok how about 'GipfelBerg Fortress'? It's kind of like 'mountain peak' since it looks quite high up.

Looks badass. I like the coastlines.

@Gambini: Eh? what? .... why?

Imageshack has changed their policy and now only sites that previously registered their domain with them can display their direct link images. I´ve been seeing frogs inside ice instead of the screenshots so much for here as for AMC and other forums i wander around. I´ve tried registering this and all those other sites in imageshack (depite i´m not the owner of any of them) and apparently it worked. However, I began using photobucket from now on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options