Duke4.net Forums: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition For Pc - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition For Pc

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Anyone else looking into this game..?
Thought at first it was just another pretty-looking medicore 3'rs person console shooter, but after seeing some game footage and reading about this game, i got impressed that it seems to be much more than what i thought at first...

To describe it in short, for people unknown of this game:

- The game is a 3'rd person Shooter developed by Capcom, and was originally released for the X360 console
- It's a beautiful game, with great graphics and impressive visual effects such as realistic smoke and other particle effects, and it supports DX10
- Gameplay looks to be fun, and appreantly, from what i've read so far, the controls have been enhanced greatly for PC-use (character moves faster, Mouse aim, etc)
- Levels are big Winter landsscapes, with several indoor areas as well... Loading levels will happen during the gameplay, so when you enter a new area, the loading for that area has already been loaded, and you'll be able to proceed without any load-screen interruptions (hey, this sounds cool)

Here is the official games Website
http://www.lostplanet-thegame.com/

I'm looking very much forward to the PC release of this game, which should be sometime next month (June) if things are going well...

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Some PC gameplay.
Looks like a rather dumb arcade shooter with some really cool effects and painkiller style bosses. So even if it's cool, it won't be very interesting. :)

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostRedSplat, on Apr 22 2007, 08:01 PM, said:

Some PC gameplay.
Looks like a rather dumb arcade shooter with some really cool effects and painkiller style bosses. So even if it's cool, it won't be very interesting. :)

The fact that Capcom made it though, makes me believe it's more than this...
I saw some of the intro Traielrs on the official website, and it actually has a story, and main characters...

Capcom made quite a bunch of Popular games, most for Console though... however, this PC port happens to be worth something... expecially with some improvements...

I really don't think it's going to be some cheasy attempt of an arcade shooter with a pretty disguise... (though, i thought so at first, untill i looked more into it)

I played the 360 version when I borrowed my buddies 360. It's a good solid shooter, pretty fun and if your into Anime I would strongly suggest it. The over the top story and action tend to be more popular towards Anime fans.

My only real complaints about the game were do to shitty controls with analog sticks, but true mouse support with a PC will fix that. It's a game I will definitely be getting for PC.

User is offline   Micki! 

Well, if it's great on Console, i can't see it fail on the PC... :)
I mean, since it has already been confirmed that the PC controls have been enhanced (as i said, the character runs faster in the PC version, and teh controls are more smooth and precise)

Also, i really liked to hear about the feature of attaching, or dismounting "Vital Suit's" weapons... and even use some of these weapons without Vital Suits, and use them on foot instead B) (Minigun action ftw)

Well Micki! you'll get to try it out soon... the demo is coming out Tuesday and will feature both DX9 and DX10.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/lostplane...tml?sid=6170558

User is offline   Micki! 

Yeah i read on 3DR..! :)
I'm looking forward to this... Hoping it's going to be a good game with all the changes they made, not some shitty port B)

Downloaded it, played it... love it. Much better than it's 360 version. In appearance and controls... mouse does seem a bit sluggish but is a ton better than a damn gamepad.

It really isn't a demanding game, at 1280*1024, a mix of high and medium settings with HDR it ran very smooth. I forgot to take any screens... but I'll have FRAPs running next time and try to get some.

EDIT: Okay, I've had more time to play the demo and play with the various settings in the options menu. Also turn off Concurrent Rendering as this is for dual core CPUs.
With this enabled many people are having crashes due to overheating and even lockups. Turning this off, even for people with dual cores, fixes those issues without any real performance loose.
Both my CPUs were close to 100% when running the game with this on.

Okay on to the game... I actually enjoyed the first demo level more. Fighting giant bugs is fun... reminds me a lot of the anime "Blue Gender"
The graphics look great, much better than the 360 version. The particle effects, bump mapping, lighting and shadows are very well done. But the game is very demanding... I was unable to max it out, with a few settings at medium.

My only real dislikes may only be demo related issues that could be fixed by release. Mouse movement feels sluggish, almost a second behind your actual movement... and with no way to adjust your mouse speed other than a menu only available once you've started a game.
And that menu looks like it was ripped straight from the 360 version. Also, the demo doesn't seem to save my controls... it saves my video settings, but not controls. Having to re-setup your controls can be a little frustrating everytime you start the game.
My only other dislike is something I didn't like in the 360 game. Being forced to pick up little heat packs to keep yourself warm. I like the idea... but the use is bad. Makes you feel like your playing a checkpoint race game instead of an action shooter.
The heat runs down way to quickly and if it gets down under 100 your pretty much screwed... as there is damn near no way to get it up high enough to be safe again.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

As is I will probably still pick it up, but not right at release. I will wait to hear if the issues with mouse movement and setup are fixed. Also, dual core support needs more work... a multithreaded game shouldn't use 100% of both cores.

User is offline   hiob 

By activating those little node-things that are scattered around the maps, you gain a boost of heat-packs. Just go close it and press your "Action" button multiple times (default E).
I didn't have any problems with heat running low.

Yeah, I've activated those as well... I'm mostly referring to the boss fights. The damage they throw at you not only knocks your health down but also knocks your heat down.

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostDamien_Azreal, on May 16 2007, 09:25 PM, said:

Yeah, I've activated those as well... I'm mostly referring to the boss fights. The damage they throw at you not only knocks your health down but also knocks your heat down.

I experienced that the first time around...
And when i was almost pretty much dead, i noticed there were VS's around :) doh..!

On my second playthrough though, i had no problems at all...
That hovery mouse bugs me though... i REALLY hope this gets fixed

The Harppon thingy is cool...
Anything you point at which makes your crosshair go green, means that the harpoon can reach, and attach itself there... even works on enemies B)

Yeah, on the bigger bugs I've been grappling to them and holding on while I pump lead into them.

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostDamien_Azreal, on May 17 2007, 10:29 PM, said:

Yeah, on the bigger bugs I've been grappling to them and holding on while I pump lead into them.

Hahaha...
Sure it's not on purpose..?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options