Duke4.net Forums: DNF on 360 or PS3 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF on 360 or PS3

User is offline   Sebastian 

Can we not turn this into another console vs PC debate?

kthx

As long as the content is even, I guess it'll come down to how good your rig is.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Nov 14 2010, 10:05 AM, said:

I'll get it on the 360 (maybe only).

Looks like the PC version won't include the editor and won't have dedicated servers. That means there's not a single reason left to get it on PC for me.

When did they say the PC version would lack dedicated server support?

The octopus that lives in his head told him of course.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

See that's what I thought, Randy didn't seem keen on matchmaking at all.

View PostDescent, on Nov 15 2010, 04:02 AM, said:

When did they say the PC version would lack dedicated server support?

Gibson was whining very early about that in an interview, but nothing was confirmed 100%. But if you read between the lines you can easily see that 2K has full control over them.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostSebastian, on Nov 14 2010, 05:19 PM, said:

Can we not turn this into another console vs PC debate?

Totally agree, I'd like to keep this debate strictly focused on the two consoles since obviously if you're going to bring all 3 into the arena, the PC will win, no questions there... But I spend my entire day in front of a PC so I just wanna unwind and play games on a console after a long day. So that's what this debate is about, which console would you get it on with :blink:.

User is offline   palan 

Unfortunately DUKEBOX STATION 720 doesn't exist.
So if you ask me xbox is better than ps3.

View Postpalan, on Nov 15 2010, 02:09 PM, said:

I hate both consoles since I'm a pc gamer true and true but if I had a say in this ps3 vs 360 war as an outsider that's not hot in this war and doesn't care about either of the consoles, I would say that If I bought any of the 2 consoles, I would have to chose between a ps3 that usually has all multiplatform games looking worse than the 360 because it's harder to program for and the actual first party exclusives of both consoles.
If I bought a console now, I would buy it for it's first party exclusives and to me ps3 wins this battle.
I would much rather play gran turismo than forzza , I like killzone more than halo and I like god of war more than gears of war.
I could go on forever saying how the ps3 exclusives are much cooler FOR ME than the 360 ones, but that wouldn't make me happier so I won't.

If DNF will come out on all 3 platforms, I agree that the ps3 might struggle a bit with running DNF and it might even lack a few details when compared with 360.
If a multiple national hl1 dm champion like me had to to play an FPS game with a gamepad (which disgusts me beyond comprehension) I would chose the ps3 controller, because I'm much more comfortable with it's layout from back when I played my ps1 and ps2.
The pc version of DNF is the only version I will buy, because of the mouse and keyboard and the antialiasing and higher res support.
If the pc version will give us mod tools, that's going to be even better, if not, then DNF will just die after 3 months from it's release because I'm sure that mp will not be able to keep it alive as it will most likely fall flat.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 16 November 2010 - 03:29 AM

View Postpalan, on Nov 15 2010, 04:09 PM, said:

Then you hadn't seen this link earlier in the thread: http://www.pcvsconso...360-vs-ps3-gpu/

User is offline   DerickVonD 

I'm just afraid DNF won't be easy to make mods or maps for and might end up like how MW2 was on PC which is basically a console port to pc and if that's the case I won't even buy the game. There is no way I'm playing multiplayer with only two guns somebody needs to make a mod as soon as the game comes out.

Finally someone who talks sense. I will buy it on the 360 of course.

User is offline   Stewox 

Haha so funny to see noob console talk :blink:

what the heck's the problem , ofcourse Xbox Slim is a new SKU it's less noisy on a hardware level , it's an overhaul , they probably switched over to a better processor but it's just a guess, the motherboard was surely upgraded as it's the usual area where issues arrive from , the cooling was improved so the fans don't need to spinn so much but still , xbox is dealin on low cost methodology , they aways upgrade it enoguh so it's just bounces on the line between "working" and "non-working" , it's not a terribly big update because slim can overheat as well , they just used more cooling fins (aluminum ribs ..etc) and then lowering fan speed, which ends up lowering noise but the actual temperature remains similar , which means it's not better cooled at all , if you hacked the console and increased fan speed on Xbox slim ONLY then you would have better cooling than a normal Xbox, hardware-quality wise , xbox is sadly the crappiest of them , you're dealing with a low cost designed system that's selling for a premium price , microsoft is a software company , they have very little experience , they thought putting a good CPU and GPU will make it work but they have a very bad motherboard and cooling , in the world of hardware , it's not high-end until ALL the components are high-end , if only one part is a lot lower quality then the whole system suffers a massive negative impact , that's why those few more fps over PS3 are totally useless , your TV probably doesn't support more than 60HZ so even if games had more than 60 FPS it wouldn't made a difference at all , and most console games run on 30FPS (but first person shooters should run on 60 usually the trend of course) , that's why people always have problems, it might be better GPU than PS3 .. which is an area im not familiar with and i'll not comment , but it should be your choice if you want "a bit faster frames" (which doesn't make a difference btw) or more reliablity, stability, smooth , less issues.

Im not actually into consoles , but i was (and still am) hardcore nintendo guy , and if i know to build custom PC and im generally familiar with hardware and companies , should i have at least some knowledge what is WORTH between other consoles.

I never actually used both consoles but i saw them first hand , i guess take it for PS3 , my analasys shows , in the end it pretty much slides to the PS3 side , because > PSN is free.

For money you waste on xlive and a few more fps or graphic (which if you didn't know doesn't make a difference since most mutliplatform games are same for both consoles pretty much little difference, a lot of xbox games are also crappy games that don't even push the limits of the xbox it self )

That's exactly what it is , if im wrong somewhere , correct me if you really think im wrong , don't be trolling if you don't have idea your self (check proof)

That's my image from the outside but with the certain tech knowledge, and i know there's tons more that an expert could add (for example a honest gaming site that familiarized with many scoops and findings) ; the thing about noise is totally obvious and it's really sad for people that play on their system every day, don't seem to understand it.

And, did you know that metroid prime 3 corruption runs on 60 FPS , on a Wii :blink:
The truth is , consoles are not as bad as we think , software is always behind hardware.

The only companies that have the technology and knowledge to push well over the limits of consoles: ID software, Epic games , Retro Studios , Crytek , Polyphony Digital.
(those that made games for it are included, more companies can do it too but they aren't making console games, one example is Blizzard)
(*** IDSoftware may actually do something for wii , and i would be glad the masters of gaming show that Wii is very well capable of even more what Retro Studios has shown us over the many great years, remains to be seen , since they took Rage snippet on iPhone instead , it was meant for Wii at first)

Expect RAGE and Crysis 2 to again shatter all previous records on any console whatsoever. Gran Turismo 5 shattered them right now.

DNF will be a great game nontheless , admitteldy not the top grahics but we all know , .... the hardcore gamers know that epic gameplay overpowers any graphics in massive proportions (ex minecraft)

This post has been edited by Stewox: 26 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

View PostStewox, on Nov 26 2010, 05:13 AM, said:

Haha so funny to see noob console talk :blink:
There is no serious xbox hardware advantage over PS3 , if your saying that xbox is so much better just because of a few more fps because of a better gpu that's exactly what i say ... a waste of time, money , and nerves.

Im not actually into consoles , but i was (and still am) hardcore nintendo guy ,
I never actually used both consoles but i saw them first hand , i guess take it for PS3 , my analasys shows , in the end it pretty much slides to the PS3 side , because > PSN is free.

WHAT! No way!!! Anyway your whole arugment is moot unless you have acually tried consoles out for yourself, seeing a console in a video or talking about it is NOTHING compared to acually playing and using it.

The internet/PSN being free is to me a non issue as I have both consoles online and in my experience there is no difference in terms of preformance.
Your point about there being no serious advantage in xbox hardware over PS3 is when you think about it, wrong. Why? because what developer has used 100% of the PS3 power? NO ONE not even Naughty Dog, yes they came close but as far as I know they didn't, whereas with 360 you CAN use all of the power very easily. I know that sounds bad, but that a huge plus. An example is the Gears of War series.

Plus there is just something about the 360 that can't be beat. I can't explain it and I know it sounds silly but it has a certain something that other platforms don't. An example being if my xbox breaks I look forward to getting a new one, whereas if any other of my consoles break I become angry and resent the new one for a while. Strange I know but true.

Now on with the topic.........

This post has been edited by blackharted: 26 November 2010 - 04:35 AM

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postblackharted, on Nov 26 2010, 01:30 PM, said:

WHAT! No way!!! Anyway your whole arugment is moot unless you have acually tried consoles out for yourself, seeing a console in a video or talking about it is NOTHING compared to acually playing and using it.

The internet/PSN being free is to me a non issue as I have both consoles online and in my experience there is no difference in terms of preformance.
Your point about there being no serious advantage in xbox hardware over PS3 is when you think about it, wrong. Why? because what developer has used 100% of the PS3 power? NO ONE not even Naughty Dog, yes they came close but as far as I know they didn't, whereas with 360 you CAN use all of the power very easily. I know that sounds bad, but that a huge plus. An example is the Gears of War series.

Plus there is just something about the 360 that can't be beat. I can't explain it and I know it sounds silly but it has a certain something that other platforms don't. An example being if my xbox breaks I look forward to getting a new one, whereas if any other of my consoles break I become angry and resent the new one for a while. Strange I know but true.

Now on with the topic.........

You are vowing on a game that's the biggest modern bugfest ever.

User is offline   Outtagum 

WTF are you talking about?

View PostZor, on Nov 26 2010, 04:56 PM, said:

WTF are you talking about?

I agree! Gears of War isn't buggy!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

User is offline   Martin 

Probably PS3, for me. The noise my Xbox makes pisses me off. Unless it's a lot worse, PS3.

As an addition to this topic, who thinks that the version of Duke 3D on XBLA will show up on PSN in time for the launch of DNF? I think it might.

Maybe. *Sniff*, maybe.

User is offline   Martin 

For some reason I seem to think that 3DR managed to retain all the rights to all the previous games when they sold Duke to Gearbox. If true (do correct me if I'm wrong), then it'd be totally down to 3DR whether they wanted to capitalise on the release of DNF in this way or not. I have no idea, but I shouldn't imagine that it would be very difficult to get Duke 3D running on PS3. Maybe I'm wrong and it'd be some gargantuan endeavour.

View PostDestiny, on Dec 9 2010, 10:01 PM, said:

PS3 has better graphics. But I'm getting it for Xbox 360.

PS3 has better graphics on what? If you are talking about multiplatform games then you are wrong. The multiplatform games are in almost all of the cases running slower and suffering from lower quality textures or smaller draw distance and other such optimizations.
The ps3 does not have games with higher graphics than the 360 ones but I do like the ps3 exclusives much more than the 360 ones.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 December 2010 - 10:09 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The 360 has always had better graphics. The PS3 has only just recently been catching up in this regard. The only PS3 exclusive games I have are GoW and Heavy Rain.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 December 2010 - 05:36 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Dec 10 2010, 06:35 AM, said:

The 360 has always had better graphics. The PS3 has only just recently been catching up in this regard. The only PS3 exclusive games I have are GoW and Heavy Rain.

All true.

View PostDestiny, on Dec 10 2010, 09:30 AM, said:

PS3's graphical capacity hasn't even been reached yet.

It hasn't? Then why are all games looking worse on ps3 than on 360?

User is offline   Outtagum 

Because "PS3's graphical capacity hasn't even been reached yet."

:rolleyes:

View PostZor, on Dec 11 2010, 12:30 PM, said:

Because "PS3's graphical capacity hasn't even been reached yet."

:rolleyes:

Haha, yeah... But it will be reached some day after they stop producing games for it :lol:
Or no, wait. The ps3 is such a powerful beast but sony doesn't want to allow game devs to use it at it's full potential, because games will be some awesome looking that it might actually cause an apocalypse, after God himself will become a ps3 gamer and completely neglect the universe and everything else.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The sarcasm....is.....so thick!....can't breathe!....!!

User is offline   Martin 

I have both consoles, so I'll add my 2cents. Basically, as of 2010, there is minimal difference between 360 and PS3 versions of the same game. Usually (but not always), the 360 still enjoys a very slight performance advantage over PS3. I'm not gonna say one way or the other why this is, as I don't know and don't care. At any rate, the gap in multi-platform performance between the two has narrowed significantly. There are still one or two that seem to run laboriously on PS3 when compared to 360, but generally these days they're so close to identical that you need to watch a slow-motion, zoomed-in comparison video on DigitalFoundry to actually see the difference.

First-party titles are a whole different kettle of fish, if you ask me. While of course the big 360 exclusives look nice, the big PS3 exclusives look better. I've yet to see a console game that can graphically-match Uncharted 2. Unlike Killzone, it's not all motion blur and no trousers, it actually really impressed me. Absolutely fucking gorgeous game! Stunning vistas, colourful, nice physics, and while we're at it the motion blur is pretty great, too. Then of course there's the fact that the big PS3 exclusives aren't all shooters. I can't wait for The Last Guardian.

As far as DNF is concerned, we'll have to wait and see. As long as the PS3 version isn't too far behind the 360 version, that's the one I'll get. As I said before, the noise my 360 makes pisses me off. Yeah maybe it'll have a few more frames-per-second, but then it'll also feature that lovely "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!" sound that the 360 makes.

This post has been edited by Martin: 14 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

User is offline   Jeager1999 

I see it like this. When this Game comes out. EVERYONE will have three chances or more to get their hands on it. PC, Playstation 3 or a XBOX 360. So. PEACE

User is offline   Jeager1999 

I can see Gearbox coming out with a Duke Xbox360 Controller. That be Tight as HELL. I'm sure they will make something for PS3.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options