Duke4.net Forums: Dnf Mentioned In Pc Gamer! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf Mentioned In Pc Gamer!

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

DNF was mentioned in the US version of PC Gamer magazine, in their "next month" section on the last page. Here's a scan of it-

http://home.att.net/...everpcgamer.jpg

Here's my thread on the 3D Realms forums-

http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=26392

Here's the story on the main news section of Duke4.net-

http://www.duke4.net/news.php?item.130

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

So it'll go gold?

Cerb, read the 2 newest comments of mine to the Duke4.net news story about this.

these damn PC GAMER guys, from now on i'll hate them! :)
BUT after i read all those infos from George i'm so happy! B)

All that info from GB has been the highlight of my week :)

been waiting years for this. He said we deserve more then screenshoots. OMFG B)

• Honored Donor

View PostDragonflyWolfTen, on Apr 19 2007, 11:48 PM, said:

All that info from GB has been the highlight of my week :)

Yes, this is great! I can't wait to see what they will show us about the game! B)

This sounds bad... like they'll release a lot of media just like Valve did with Half-Life 2 :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

View PostCerberus_e, on Apr 21 2007, 08:23 PM, said:

This sounds bad... like they'll release a lot of media just like Valve did with Half-Life 2 :)

I hope that's not the case B)
Ruined the game for me...

I would rather hope for one extremely cool trailer, and maybe really few gameplay footages...

Cryisis isn't showing too much i'd say, perhaps the same amount is just right for DNF... maybe less B)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I do hope they show a lot, i am not easily spoiled.
The pre-release stuff is almost part of the game. The more, the better.
And yeah, Crysis isn't showing much.
What we get to see in trailers is mostly from one or two small areas in the game. Over and over.
3DR could do it like that.. Only show lots of a Vegas Hotel or something, and the donkey of course.

i have checked out Duke4.net so many times and only now i have registered.

GB's quotes made me do a little dance.
a DNF clip this year? heck yes.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Welcome to the forums GutterphunK, enjoy your stay... :)

In hindsight of what went down I say something is fishy. First PC gamer says they got secrets to show from their inside connection then GB actually comes in and says he don't know what they are talking about and I don't ever GB saying this sort of thing in the past and then finally we have PC gamer saying they ain't got nothing.

So either PC Gamer did get some info then was blasted by GB to stay tight lipped or PC gamer never had anything and is just floating a air biscuit to see who smells it.

If PC gamer don't do anything on Duke next month they simply SUCK! They could do a story on the screenshot but really if they don't even mention Duke in next months mag then I hope GB don't ever give them shit, leave them out in the cold winter when media comes out.

User is offline   MartyMcFly 

im with redsplat as i am not really easily spoiled. infact, i like to be told or shown what will happen so that i know what to expect therefore i wont be dissappointed like i always am :)

So, what was it then?

I had actually forgotten about this... :)

With the new Pig Cop picture I had lost all interest in the PC Gamer thing.

View PostCerberus_e, on May 24 2007, 07:29 PM, said:

So, what was it then?

Well I haven't got that PC Gamer issue but they said shortly after people started speculating about DNF being unveiled in the issue PC Gamer issued a statement on their website that it was all just a joke and nothing about DNF would be in the issue.

Haha how pathetic. What did they think: we will be funny? B) It was just a marketing trick and they're covering it as joke :)

• Honored Donor

View PostKristian Joensen, on May 25 2007, 12:58 AM, said:

Well I haven't got that PC Gamer issue but they said shortly after people started speculating about DNF being unveiled in the issue PC Gamer issued a statement on their website that it was all just a joke and nothing about DNF would be in the issue.

I was dissapointed by this issue. I thought that they would at least write an article about the screenshot or something. :)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Do you have a subscription?
I'd cancel it... Joking about DNF..jeez. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options