Duke4.net Forums: Redneck Rampage Level editor - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redneck Rampage Level editor

Sorry for the very noobish question, I just started getting back in the DOS games again

I was wondering if there was a Redneck Rampage map/build editor

I know this a eduke forum, But I heard that their was a map editor that worked on Redneck Rampage also

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm pretty sure you can use Build, or maybe even Mapster32, if you can save in the older format, which I think you can for some reason. However, the original editor for Redneck was Makemap. I can't find a link to it, but it should be on your disk. There are all kinds of documentation across the internets.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 18 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

User is online   Mark 

Here is a link to a program that will run Redneck Rampage on the Eduke platform. It is not a finished project and has some bugs, but it does run good enough for some fun.

ERampage

http://www.jonof.id.au/forum/index.php?PHP...mp;topic=1798.0

Thanks very much, Marked.

Works pretty good, besides the bugs.

I found a makemap program, but does not work unless i use dosbox, still then when it starts up looks blankish ( like shows no controls or anything )

User is online   Mark 

With that ERampage port you can drag Mapster32 and a few other files (I forgot which ones because I did it months ago) into the main folder and you can edit the Redneck maps.

This post has been edited by Marked: 18 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

HenryPalmer, on Oct 19 2010, 10:28 AM, said:

I found a makemap program, but does not work unless i use dosbox, still then when it starts up looks blankish ( like shows no controls or anything )

The old map editors for BUILD games do look fairly blank, as they don't really display any menus or options on screen unless you bring them up by pressing the appropriate key. There are lots of preset buttons on the keyboard for building and manipulating the map in various ways which you'll have to learn off by heart. It might be a bit slow at first, but they'll get stuck into your brain within a week or so and then you'll be able to map faster than in any menu based interface possible :(

Just to show you what I mean, this is the original editor for Duke Nukem 3D. Its modern equivalent mapster32 looks even more blank since the giant bar at the bottom is missing. I hope it sheds some light onto the problem.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 19 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

User is offline   Gambini 

Micky C, on Oct 19 2010, 06:40 AM, said:

The old map editors for BUILD games do look fairly blank, as they don't really display any menus or options on screen unless you bring them up by pressing the appropriate key. There are lots of preset buttons on the keyboard for building and manipulating the map in various ways which you'll have to learn off by heart. It might be a bit slow at first, but they'll get stuck into your brain within a week or so and then you'll be able to map faster than in any menu based interface possible :(

You could not say it any better. In fact i learned these commands 14 years ago and even when there were years when i didnt touch Build, they all instantly came to my mind as soon as i started to map again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options