Duke4.net Forums: IW v2 release - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IW v2 release  "after 10 years of work!"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It seems that people only play a map or mod right after it is released, unless it has ongoing publicity to support it. But if you make an update that fixes some issues and include some new media you should get new players. As for the defense mode, I wasn't even aware of it...I think people just do the singleplayer campaign.

User is offline   Jblade 

It's not authorized yet, but here's a link in anycase:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/imagination-worl...v2-to-v21-patch

It's about 40mb and includes these things:

-Art files integrated into main Duke3d.grp to enable mod support
-Fixed some Government Trooper art issues and enabled injured AI
-Alternate map set without skybox support for people with skybox crashes
-Added Magnum to some more earlier levels

The crash issues aren't something I can really look into since most of the time the information it gives is enigmatic at best. The old snapshot and a newer one are both included; the newer one took MUCH longer to load and had worse performance, but it didn't crash on me after playing a few levels.

Once you install the patch, delete all the art files in the directory yourself or run the included bat file.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I tried the defense mode, but I could never finish it, so I lost interest.

The campaigns are pretty fun and I'll probably play it again when I get this patch.

User is offline   Loke 

Finally had some time to play this and despite the initial frustrating moments I had trying to get the thing to work I'm really enjoying it. So far I've completed the three original episodes which were a lot of fun -- the level design was a bit lacking true but I didn't mind it at all since the gunplay is so satisfying with lots of enemies to boot. I started on episode 4 and stopped at the bit when you... well, you know... and goddamn do some of the levels have some great and creepy atmosphere. I were actually on the edge of my seat numerous times so personally I'd say that you've captured that chilling aspect that is usually difficult to get right. Compared to the other episodes this is a lot different gameplay wise though and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing it still feels kinda off going from a generally action-packed session to a slow, scary setting with lots of pausing in-between reading papersheets.

Some criticism would be pointed out at the voice overs that are often incredible hard to hear especially when you've got a soundtrack blasting away in the background. I also had some crashes but these seemed very random and I couldn't reproduce them. One crash happened after finishing the second episode when the game is supposed to go back to the title screen intro prior to the main menu. The second one happened right before the cutscene ending in episode 3. The last one I've had so far happened in episode 4 when I crashed my bike into a wall which were kinda funny but again it didn't crash afterwards even after numerous wall slams.

User is offline   Jblade 

Cool, thanks for the feedback :) I'm glad the spooky atmosphere played off well, it's something that I enjoy doing but it is very difficult to pull off effectively. I do agree about the voice-overs, a subtitle system would be handy but would take time to pull off (it'd benefit the AMC TC as well though)

I was working on another patch, converting all md2s to md3s .etc but the program I was using suddenly decided it didn't want to convert them anymore and using milkshape to do it was a horrible horrible nightmare so I postponed it. Once the AMC TC is released I will probably revisit and try and finish a final patch for IW.

User is offline   Loke 

Finished all of the episodes and played a few rounds of Defense Mode. Absolutely loved it from beginning to end. Even though episode 4 took a step back in the action department I'd say it was my favorite episode. The atmosphere was great and I also liked reading all the text screens and mission logs. The cut scenes, even though I kinda hate these otherwise, were good and never dragged on for too long.
Playing on medium difficulty I found some of the bosses to be incredible easy but I didn't mind it at all really since it's so fun blasting away the lesser thugs anyway, otherwise it was perfectly balanced. There's probably something else that I forgot to mention but yeah, great fun overall.

Looove the red mist. So nasty. :)
Posted Image

Good luck with AMC TC, can't wait.

User is offline   Jblade 

Glad you enjoyed it :) The AMC TC is almost ready, just doing some last testing and waiting for some voices from TerminX and it'll be ready for release - I'm hoping for before Christmas eve but we'll have to see. Make sure you save your iw_complete.amctc file found in the directory if you did the good ending for episode 4, as it'll unlock a couple of weapons for James in the AMC TC.

User is offline   Loke 

Sounds great. Also made a backup of the file just in case. :)

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Found some random clips I had recorded years ago so I put some of them together for a short gameplay video. It's nothing special but shows how cool the mod is:

User is offline   Jblade 

Cool, those vids must of been pretty old since the guns there are 2D, it must not of taken me that long to do them I guess :lol:

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Hah, indeed, those are from the beta. Didn't even remember that.

User is offline   MacoMan 

Been playing this one a lot lately. I'm just starting the third episode. Compelling, varied, very detailed levels with some puzzles and not too many bugs. However, I'm having the same problem as I did with the HUD in Fusion Redux. Can't enlarge or reduce the number of items displayed at one time. Using latest eDuke builds.

User is offline   Jblade 

The HUD is hard-coded unfortunately, at the time of IW's release I don't think there was widescreen code in, and there wasn't any demand for disabling parts of the HUD. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options