Duke4.net Forums: How Much Do You Think It Has Changed? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Much Do You Think It Has Changed?

User is offline   Nukem 

After all these years since the first trailers, screenshots, and game footage, ho much do you think Duke Nukem Forever has changed?

After seeing the new screenshot, you can tell there have been major improvments to the graphics, and I'm sure they've done so much more to the AI, gameplay, level design, etc.

After the 2001 trailer, how much do you think Duke Nukem Forever has changed?

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Huge changes.

One of George's famous quotes talked about how the current version makes the 2001 build look like garbage.

Some of the situations/levels did survive the 2001 build(shown in the 01' trailer) though and were incorporated into the current build.

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Mar 26 2007, 11:28 AM, said:

Some of the situations/levels did survive the 2001 build(shown in the 01' trailer) though and were incorporated into the current build.

I'll be very interested to see those areas in the current game, and the new areas, too. :) I'm sure they've improved everything a lot since we last saw the game.

I like this photo. see Duke at the bottom left? Thats night strike Duke, next to him is a camo Duke! Wow I hope they make it in the gold. :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: andy6.jpg

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Don't count on that though... :)

User is offline   Telee 

I just hope they still have the variety of action seen the the '01 trailer...

It showed Duke in a variety of vehicles, lots of scripted sequences (vending machine) and lots of awesome enemies (robotic facehugger-type creature)!

I'm just afraid that they've taken all the special stuff out in made it into a stale shooter in which you go through building-after-building shooting things until they stop moving... :)

Anyway, they've definitely changed a lot and hopefully for better..!

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

View PostTelee, on Mar 31 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

I'm just afraid that they've taken all the special stuff out in made it into a stale shooter in which you go through building-after-building shooting things until they stop moving... :)

Why would they?

User is offline   Telee 

Many games do it but not on purpose,

Just look at DooM 3 - the alpha was filled with suspense, which was what they were trying to achieve, but the final version was bland, repetitive and not scary at all.

ID is a great company and I trusted them since DooM succeeded, and they messed up with it. 3D Realms is the same way; they did great with Duke3d but with DNF I'm not sure.

I'm not a non-believer or anything, I'm just hoping that DNF will go out over-the-top. :)

I found the alpha pretty similar to the final version of Doom 3.

I do remember in one of their job ads awhile back stated that vehicle work is one of the skills the successful applicant will have. Indicating that there will be vehicles in DNF. \o/ :)

That was already confirmed long ago :)

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

I hope they keep the vehicles from 2001 in, they were all so cool. :) I especially loved the jet plane, the boat, and the harley. B)

User is offline   Telee 

View PostCerberus_e, on Mar 31 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

I found the alpha pretty similar to the final version of Doom 3.

I found it more challenging, making the horror theme a little better.

I hope they keep the vehicles from 2001 in, they were all so cool. I especially loved the jet plane, the boat, and the harley. :)

The harley was my favorite B) The vehicles were one of the best parts of the '01 trailer because they really added a lot of action to it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options