Duke4.net Forums: Big Names - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Big Names

User is offline   Assault 

Lets kickoff with an interesting debate I don’t think has been discussed before.

It's always a possibility that Duke Nukem Forever would see the light of day by Q2-Q3 of 2006.
Knowing that sometime around that is suppose to be the launch of two big names; the first is Sony's Playstation 3 and the second is Bungie's Halo 3. No doubt those will fill the market the rabid costumers. Imagine DNF would be released together with those titles, the frenzy would be obliterating.

So how do you think Duke would hold out, if it would be released with these big names?

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

for me it will, I don't care about Halo 3.
but then again, the Halo fans won't care about DNF :)

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Yes, and I'm afraid that most gamers nowadays seem to be ungrateful kid gamers. I've read modern-day reviews of Duke 3D where it received a low score because of the graphics and because it didn't have a lot of the common features in today's games. That says something painfully sad to me.

User is offline   SyntaxN 

Knowing that sometime around that is suppose to be the launch of two big names; the first is Sony's Playstation 3 and the second is Bungie's Halo 3.

Sry but the Halo 3 for PS3 launch thing is just a lame rumor.

but then again, the Halo fans won't care about DNF

Oh really? B)
I think DNF has to stand against one game, HL2...because many gamers see this one as the best shooter on earth :)

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

He only said that the PS3 and that Halo 3 would be released, not one for the other. Also, HL2 only got the praise it did because it's Half-Life. If it were any other game, people would make it clear that they expected more than 2002/3 graphics and gimmicky, drawn-out gameplay. Gordon can still kiss the Duke's ring. :)

Roger, on Dec 18 2005, 04:30 PM, said:

He only said that the PS3 and that Halo 3 would be released, not one for the other.

The rumor that Halo 3 will be released in 2006 was caused through another rumor that the game will be released to counter the PS3.

Roger, on Dec 18 2005, 04:30 PM, said:

Gordon can still kiss the Duke's ring. B)

I hope so :)

User is offline   Dukefan24 

I don't liked the Halo games since the first rumour of the first game in the series. The Playstation 3 should be cool, but it's not actually a must have for me. And a hardcore gamer wants all top titles in most cases, so Duke will not lost it's glimp if it releases with those two things at the same time.

User is offline   Halcyon 

Cerberus_e, on Dec 18 2005, 03:11 PM, said:

but then again, the Halo fans won't care about DNF :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not of all of them. *g* I liked both Halo games and I wait for Halo 3. But really, I care more about the Duke than about the Masterchief. ;-) Besides, I don't think Halo 3 will be released next year.

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

I know not all of them, but I was referring to the average Halo fanatic that goes to the gamespot forums to say halo ownz all and PC sucks etc

Cerberus_e, on Dec 18 2005, 07:06 PM, said:

I know not all of them, but I was referring to the average Halo fanatic that goes to the gamespot forums to say halo ownz all and PC sucks etc
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh the damn fanboys...such people ruined most communitys for me :)

User is offline   Nihilanth 

Yes, practicular-game-fanatics pisses me off, too. I'm rather flexible in that matter. Just two examples. One: DN3D vs Quake. War raged on. As an opposite I've played both games and had fun. Two: D3 vs HL2. The same. F maniacs, I'm playing both and that's the way. BTW: as for me, HL2 was fine, but by no meaning is the best game yet, deffinetly no. Roger, don't be suprised by low-scores for 3D as new players won't look at those oldschool games (along with Doom and others) like you (and me and everyone who plays games for longer period of time than 5 years). This is just different. They weren't here when it came. Reffering to the release, I think this will happen to DNF late 2006 in case of engine (while it's not as good as UE3 then if it comes later, it'll be outdated), unless there will be another engine switches. I'm sure DNF will be in war with some game(s) during it's release but it depends if you'll join it or not. As always, we will see.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

IIRC the only thing that really makes it a UE2 game is the core engine itself. The renderer and whatnot have all been gutted and rewritten from scratch to suit their purposes (for those willing to jump to conclusions, I obviously don't mean this has just happened recently :)), and 3D Realms' games all seem to be quite polished. As far as graphics I'm not worried, I'm just afraid that people are going to bitch because it's not going to be another CS/SOCOM clone.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

I wouldn't be afraid about that. There will always be people who won't like it. Just like people were bitching about D3 not being like FC or HL2, without a doubt people will be bitching about DNF not being like [some kind of game]. This is just how it is. Well, as for me I know that I won't ever go into fight like GameOne vs GameTwo. A while ago I did and I regret it now.

User is offline   Assault 

This is a hypothetical subject, since we don’t know when Halo 3, DNF or PS3 would really be out. I think some gigantic news rush for Duke's sake would probably get to everything that has to do with gaming and more, CNN probably. However, Halo 3 and the PS3 won’t show any signs of shyness, it’s very hard to predict what the outcome would be. One thing is sure though, if they do all get released around the same time, it will be one of the greatest eras of gaming. Even though I'm no Sony fan, there is no doubt all three would make such a rush.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options