Duke4.net Forums: The entire first access club for your viewing... pleasure? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The entire first access club for your viewing... pleasure?

This is everything you get at this very second, for buying Borderlands.
Is this worth 60 bucks? I will let you decide!
Posted Image

And the highest possible resolution for both wallpapers!
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 13 2010, 03:10 AM, said:

Firstly, you are awesome!

As for whether it's worth it, my original point stands, if the game shipped with the DNF demo, I would have bought it, but since it doesn't, I'm not getting it, so that's a no.

Raz

User is offline   BugsBunny 

So the tits are censored ! LOL. Way to go GBX .

And thanks for sharing Mr.Deviance ;).

This post has been edited by BugsBunny: 13 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

View PostRaziel, on Oct 13 2010, 03:24 AM, said:

Firstly, you are awesome!

As for whether it's worth it, my original point stands, if the game shipped with the DNF demo, I would have bought it, but since it doesn't, I'm not getting it, so that's a no.

Raz

Dude, there's nothing awesome about me posting this, because this is not awesome in itself IMO.
I mean, they advertise 2 new wallpapers but the second wallpaper isn't even new!
It's an older one with an added US flag instead of the white background and shrunken to 1920x1200 lol
I've had this wallpaper in fucking 4124x2320 since a few weeks now.
If you haven't seen it in it's full 4124x2320 glory click and zoom on this one.
You would think that they would have been smart enough to keep these huge resolutions for the private access club, but no... lol
Posted Image
You can pretty much add any flag to this wallpaper and call it a new wallpaper by gearbox's standards...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

User is offline   Rehbock 

hm import it off europa its just 30 bucks here.

Did anybody notice Duke's golden gun in the the first wallpaper?
The gun has has some decorations sculpted into it and as far as I remember, it didn't have any before.
In this screenshot as well as in the leaked gameplay videos, the gun doesn't have any sculpture in it.
I think they've also replaced the pistol with a much more detailed one than this one here.
Posted Image

User is offline   Jeager1999 

Well I'm just freaking Glad I didn't get Borderlands. I had a feeling this was what would happen, I never once got any response from GBX employees on their forums when I asked. "Exactly what are the Goodies?"

This post has been edited by Jeager1999: 13 October 2010 - 02:58 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

It's engraved rather than sculpted and I don't think you can expect artwork to 100% accurately reflect the level of detail in-game.

View PostBugsBunny, on Oct 13 2010, 02:25 AM, said:

So the tits are censored ! LOL. Way to go GBX .

There's a shock. We agree on something.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Actually, it is.
Considering you get Borderlands and five expansions (and a real life map of the wasteland) and hundreds of hour of gameplay it's a pretty sweet deal. The Duke stuff is a side-bonus, you'd think as much would be obvious by now. If you don't like or don't think you'll like Borderlands then don't buy it.

View PostRusty Nails, on Oct 13 2010, 03:15 AM, said:

Actually, it is.
Considering you get Borderlands and five expansions (and a real life map of the wasteland) and hundreds of hour of gameplay it's a pretty sweet deal. The Duke stuff is a side-bonus, you'd think as much would be obvious by now. If you don't like or don't think you'll like Borderlands then don't buy it.

I've finished Borderlands and 2 of it's DLC's and I couldn't go on for the next ones.
It's a boring game for me.
Also real life maps and other collectible shit like that, for a game that is not even a classic, is plain useless.
What the hell should I do with a real life map? Am I a kid to play with it or what? Why would I ever care about collectibles for a game that's boring?
It has no value to me.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 October 2010 - 03:27 AM

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 13 2010, 03:25 AM, said:

So don't. Get. It.

User is offline   Green 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 13 2010, 02:50 AM, said:

Did anybody notice Duke's golden gun in the the first wallpaper?
The gun has has some decorations sculpted into it and as far as I remember, it didn't have any before.

http://www.duke4.net/images/newspost_image...e3dxbl/dnf2.jpg

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 13 October 2010 - 03:34 AM

I bet that the Early Access Members won't see anything new for a while. Payed 60 bucks for screen shots. HA.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJeager1999, on Oct 13 2010, 05:49 AM, said:

I bet that the Early Access Members won't see anything new for a while. Payed 60 bucks for screen shots. HA.

I think the bigger problem is anything that is in there can be jacked right off the page and handed to the rest of us.

I thank our fellow Duke4 net members for doing just that.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 13 2010, 05:57 AM, said:

I think the bigger problem is anything that is in there can be jacked right off the page and handed to the rest of us.

I know right? ;) I've said I was interested in Buying GOTY because I haven't played Borderlands yet, the Early Access thing was just a bonus. But really, seeing how all you get is a Promise to play the Demo before its Public Release(Which we yet to know when) and A few Screenshots(Which aren't really Goodies at all in my Opinion.) And you still don't know if this opportunity to play the Demo before the public implies to 360 and PS3. Oh but I'm really sure Gearbox will explain that very soon.

View PostRusty Nails, on Oct 13 2010, 04:31 AM, said:

So don't. Get. It.

It's funny that you put it that way, because I actually didn't get it.
I own borderlands on steam after it was sent using the gift system on steam.
I had the game since it first came out, which is why I received a first access code too.
So technically, I got my access for free.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I'm going to get Borderlands GOTY over the weekend! ;)

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 13 2010, 04:25 AM, said:

I've finished Borderlands and 2 of it's DLC's and I couldn't go on for the next ones.
Also real life maps and other collectible shit like that, for a game that is not even a classic, is plain useless.
What the hell should I do with a real life map? Am I a kid to play with it or what? Why would I ever care about collectibles for a game that's boring?
It has no value to me.

eBay?

what I'm planning on doing is wait for the code to show up on eBay then bid on it, I really don't want the game (Borderlands) but I am willing to pay anywhere from $1 to $25 for club access directly.

User is offline   Gurty 

That depends where you are going to order it from.
For European members, you can order Borderlands GOTY for 20euro's ;)

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

i purchased the GOTY, and yes, i did it mainly for the first access thing, BAM! $50. but i'm loaded so i won't even notice it's gone, plus, i didn't have borderlands on steam or any of the DLC. justified? to me it is.

as soon as i get the demo, im gonna fraps my first playthrough and upload it for y'all (im sure many others have the same thing in mind).

View PostBetelgeuse, on Oct 13 2010, 02:22 PM, said:

i purchased the GOTY, and yes, i did it mainly for the first access thing, BAM! $50. but i'm loaded so i won't even notice it's gone, plus, i didn't have borderlands on steam or any of the DLC. justified? to me it is.

as soon as i get the demo, im gonna fraps my first playthrough and upload it for y'all (im sure many others have the same thing in mind).

It might get removed. Gearbox got some youtube vids like that one some kid made showing the demo from start to finish. And there wasn't anything in the demo that would cause issues with whoever Gearbox's GIMP is.

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

i figure they (gearbox/take2) would be a bit more lenient once the demo is out? unless the eula forbids sharing videos and stuff like that... regardless, it's gonna be hard to police it.

Just a quick FYI if you bought Borderlands on Steam prior to the 12th you get into the club, I bought it back before the big news because I had a real feeling that it was real so I got it on sale, paid ten bucks, now I'm in club! xD

this makes me feel a little bit better about GearBox now ;)

View Postferran275, on Oct 13 2010, 08:04 PM, said:

Just a quick FYI if you bought Borderlands on Steam prior to the 12th you get into the club, I bought it back before the big news because I had a real feeling that it was real so I got it on sale, paid ten bucks, now I'm in club! xD

this makes me feel a little bit better about GearBox now ;)

That's all well and good but what about those who purchased the GOTY for PS3 and 360. It came with a code too right? When the day comes for you Club Members. Is it going to be for those solely on the PC or will it be up for Download in XboxLive and PSN? But of course GBX isn't giving out fully details.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 13 2010, 03:33 AM, said:

What's that green shit on the handle?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostRaziel, on Oct 14 2010, 02:00 AM, said:

What's that green shit on the handle?

They're wood engraved grips.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's called lighting. Makes it look green.

User is offline   Outtagum 

There is an image of a real-life version of Duke's gun. I think it was posted on 3DR's forum around the end of 2008. I can't find it, though. ;)

This post has been edited by Zor: 14 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options